• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
DjIwPeS.png

Caps :\

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Special congratulations to Matt Niskanen and Brooks Orpik for blowing 3-1 series leads to the Rangers in 2 straight seasons. Brilliantly done.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Does Dan Boyle know his team advanced?

Boyle was actually on the ice for the celebration (god knows where the hell he came from, but he was still in full gear, stick in hand and everything), and in the postgame AV said he "looked fine."

I don't really see how that could be possible, but I guess we'll see.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Let's talk a little Henrik Lundqvist, shall we?

Henrik Lundqvist has now won 10 consecutive elimination games at Madison Square Garden.

In his last 6 Game 7's, he is 6-0, with a 0.81 GAA, .973 sv%, giving up a total of five goals on 184 shots.

He has a career GAA of 0.97 in Game 7's, the lowest in NHL history among goalies who have played in at least 3 Game 7's.

He has now joined Martin Brodeur and Patrick Roy as the only goaltenders in NHL history to win at least 6 Game 7's.

And his hair is still perfect.

Oh, one more. Remember how I said this was the third straight year that we were playing in a Game 7 on May 13? Here are Henrik Lundqvist's save totals in those 3 games:

May 13, 2013 - 35 saves
May 13, 2014 - 35 saves
May 13, 2015 - 35 saves

Socreges

Banned
Pretty much, opinons are like assholes etc... Got better shit to be angry about that someone's dumb opinions on the Internet...unless they're sports related :p
Thats why I thought we were laughing at that thread. The fact that it actually immediately devolved into a stupid debate...

But then a bunch of you brought the debate HERE. Because you have your own strong opinions! eg,

God dammit Mii.

Yeah hey every bit of womens fashion should have pockets rite. Women should be forced to wear sweatpants instead of having a choice of something more shaping or an outfit where the designer can't implement pockets.

Fuck that thread.
In defense of Mii, he isn't saying that at all. He's talking about women that are entirely capable of carrying their own purse but simply want a guy to do it for them because that's what boyfriends do.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Was reading another forum when there was a strong question I have to pose here:

Where was Backstrom for the whole series?

Dude was invisible.

Solo

I think the Rangers might be on their way to becoming the Buffalo Bills of the NHL, because I see them losing their second straight Cup final to either team.

Marvie_3

Banned
Let's talk a little Henrik Lundqvist, shall we?

Henrik Lundqvist has now won 10 consecutive elimination games at Madison Square Garden.

In his last 6 Game 7's, he is 6-0, with a 0.81 GAA, .973 sv%, giving up a total of five goals on 184 shots.

He has a career GAA of 0.97 in Game 7's, the lowest in NHL history among goalies who have played in at least 3 Game 7's.

He has now joined Martin Brodeur and Patrick Roy as the only goaltenders in NHL history to win at least 6 Game 7's.

And his hair is still perfect.

Oh, one more. Remember how I said this was the third straight year that we were playing in a Game 7 on May 13? Here are Henrik Lundqvist's save totals in those 3 games:

May 13, 2013 - 35 saves
May 13, 2014 - 35 saves
May 13, 2015 - 35 saves
So what you're saying is that Chicago is going to win the Cup at home for once?

Boyle was actually on the ice for the celebration (god knows where the hell he came from, but he was still in full gear, stick in hand and everything), and in the postgame AV said he "looked fine."

I don't really see how that could be possible, but I guess we'll see.
You can get hit in the head without getting a concussion.

I wouldn't recommend it though.

So what you're saying is that Chicago is going to win...

Woah woah, cowboy. Let's start there and have a good ol' ponder and analysis shall we?

This be the time that Mike Milbury (in his Isles days) would call his "general meeting with his braintrust" time.

So what you're saying is... Chicago is going to win... Where do we go from there?

Let's fucking sign DiPietro for 12 years to Chicago.

Marvie_3

Banned
Woah woah, cowboy. Let's start there and have a good ol' ponder and analysis shall we?

This be the time that Mike Milbury (in his Isles days) would call his "general meeting with his braintrust" time.

So what you're saying is... Chicago is going to win... Where do we go from there?

Let's fucking sign DiPietro for 12 years to Chicago.

He could take Roszival's place. Couldn't be any worse.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I think the Rangers might be on their way to becoming the Buffalo Bills of the NHL, because I see them losing their second straight Cup final to either team.
I actually think we match up with the remaining Western teams pretty well. Which isn't to say that either team couldn't beat us, because they certainly could, but I do like our chances if we can get there this year more than last.

It's the ECF that has been my biggest concern for months now, knowing we'd most likely have to get past either Carey Price or the Lightning. Now we get to find out if my fears were justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom