• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT2| Ovi guaranteed a good thread title

a916

That was probably Stamko's best in this playoff run, dude was just not himself in the first round, injury or coverage, whatever it was, he's much better now than when the playoffs started.

LJ11

McD is McShit this series. What a bad year for McDonagh, somebody kidnapped him. Looks like a shell, just awful.

zroid

Banned
He hasn't been good this year, good being his usual level of play. He has Girardi with him so that never helps.

He was paired with Stralman last year?

that's a pretty friggin massive downgrade. fancystats people consider him a strong Norris contender.

edit: never mind, I see that Staal-Stralman was the main pairing

LJ11

He was paired with Stralman last year?

that's a pretty friggin massive downgrade. fancystats people consider him a strong Norris contender.

No, McD always had the lump of shit aka Girardi, for the majority of his career anyway. Before that he had Sauer who also looked like a stud but Phaneuf put an end to that. Stralman was paired with Staal, and they complemented each other pretty well, but the Rangers needed an aging puck mover on D, no team can be complete without one, so they made a huge mistake as always and dumped a guy they groomed for the flashy name.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tampa is putting at least 5 on the board tonight.

It's a curse being so constantly right.
To be fair, they did already have 3 on the board at that point, so it's kinda cheating.

Even my "best case scenario" they only barely beat. You can't blame me for not counting on Dan Boyle to save the day, though. :D

Tampa is being super opportunistic and seemingly can't be stopped when they get the kinds of chances they've been getting, but we have completely and totally beaten ourselves the last 2 games. No fewer than 3 of the Lightning's goals last night were total gifts (Lundqvist assisting Stamkos on his goal, Kreider bowling over our own defense when we had numbers on Palat's, whatever the fuck Hank was thinking on Kucherov's winner in OT). And that's not even counting the stupid power plays we've been giving them.

And despite all that, we were one shot away from winning that game (
it helps that Tampa did admittedly gift us a goal in that game, too, by effectively having zero defensemen on the ice for Fast's first goal
). Which would suggest that if we could stop being utterly brain dead for a minute or two, we SHOULD be able to beat this team.

At least you would think so, right?

I've been dealing with a lot of stuff since this round started and haven't been able to watch much. I'm glad both series seem to be pretty competitive to this point. Tampa is a scary team when they're playing well.

Heretic

I've been dealing with a lot of stuff since this round started and haven't been able to watch much. I'm glad both series seem to be pretty competitive to this point. Tampa is a scary team when they're playing well.

Just remember that I love you with all my heart...

Just remember that I love you with all my heart...

WDBuRF3.gif

Calamari41

41 > 38
Sweet. I'll check it out tomorrow! Have a good trip to the fatherland. Eat all the foods and drink it all.

Thank you sir, I will do as such! Have a great time in Costa Rica as well. Hopefully when we both get back, we'll be making plans for SCF games at the Ponda.

I'll be in the air as the game is starting, so you all are going to get a very late visceral reaction to the final score.

Giggzy

Sweet. I'll check it out tomorrow! Have a good trip to the fatherland. Eat all the foods and drink it all.

Thank you sir, I will do as such! Have a great time in Costa Rica as well. Hopefully when we both get back, we'll be making plans for SCF games at the Ponda.

I'll be in the air as the game is starting, so you all are going to get a very late visceral reaction to the final score.

It's only fair that the same circumstances I was under are passed off to you two now. I think we can safely say that me being back from Yosemite has not cursed the team. Which means one of you might be the glue holding us together. If we lose tonight, I expect you both to cancel your trips and fly home. Remember, DUCKS fly together, not Germans or Costa Ricans!

Have fun though! Wish you both safe flights!

GO DUCKS!

Cindro

Alright boys! My boss is giving our team a work from home day tomorrow - do you know what that means? Beer, GAF, and playoff hockey.

Let's do this!

Cindro

The new worst Blackhawks Power Play I've ever seen. Lord have mercy - it was like watching a thousand puppies crying tears of blood.

Top Bottom