• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-2017 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| Villanova has no fans so this is their thread

I actually wondered if we could go a whole Duke-Carolina game with no posts. Then it would have officially been time to end the thread.

I saw Bowser post this week so I know he's lurking somewhere. Show yourself!

I think we know where the season's going anyway at this point.

All I ask for now is to keep it close in both games against the University of the People and not lose on the first day of the ACC Tourney.

It'd be neat if they could stay ranked too but that ship may have already sailed

2/3 of the mission accomplished!

Bring on our loss to Georgia Tech on Wednesday and to UNC Pembroke next week!

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Going into this game, I was quite confident we'd lose handily. Then we had to go and keep it close for 37 minutes and actually get my hopes up *sigh*

Maybe we'll actually get a rubber match in the ACC tournament this year. Been a while since that happened (2011).

Assuming that Duke doesn't win the ACC Tourney or the NCAA Tourney (I'd say this is a pretty good assumption) this will be the first time they've had back to back seasons with double-digit losses in a looooong looong time.

06/07 and 07/08 couldn't even manage that!

NW loses and Iowa and Michigan win:

5. Mich St. 3-1
6. NW 2-1
7. Iowa 1-2
8. Mich 1-3

I think.

Mich gets Illinois in 8-9. Iowa gets Indiana 7-10.

Oh St Rutgers in 11-14 to get NW in 2nd Rd.

Nebraska Penn St in 12-13 to get Mi St in 2nd Rd.

Wisconsin-Minnesota winner gets 2. Loser gets 4.

If Wisconsin loses and NW wins. NW gets 4 and Wisconsin 5.

Gophers on Maryland's side is better for them. QF against a salt team would be interesting. Beat both Iowa and Indiana in competitive games. If Maryland-Wisconsin are on the bottom half that'd be great for Iowa-Indiana. Could make it to the championship game. Iowa should not overlook Penn St tho or else Michigan gets 7 if they can beat Nebraska.

Sorry Fellows, but I am like 90% sure Groce is going to cheese out a win in a futile effort to keep his job.

(we'll then lose by 25 to Purdue)

Gophers cleaning up.
1st team BT, Mason
3rd team BT, Murphy
Defensive player of the year BT, Lynch
Freshman BT team, Coffey
Coach of the year BT, Pitino

Lynch was robbed of a team. Dude can score too!

Beat Saint Mary's by double digits again. Still don't think we're getting a 1 seed. Really curious what seed Saint Mary's ends up as. They're 28-1 against everyone but us but their OoC schedule is garbage.

Proelite

I wonder what record would Gonzaga have in the ACC.

🤔

Kenpom doesn't seem to do a good job of adjusting for SOS as BPI does.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
On one hand I'm pretty disappointed at this lazy defense down the stretch, but on the other I realize it makes sense to look ahead and try to rest a bit.

I just checked Syracuse's resume and they really shouldn't be in the tournament, but they'll probably sneak in and make it to the Final 4 again.

Karl2177

I don't understand how ESPN still has Clemson on the bubble. Any team that loses 12 conference games shouldn't be in the tournament.

How much longer is Thad around do you think?

I think Thad wont get fired, hes the best coach OSU bball has ever had. Thad will hang it up due to his health. Dudes look like hes aged 15 years in the last 2 and is only 49, but the back issues have hurt his ability to be out on the road coaching. I can see us getting a new coach in about 3 years, but I think we have hit rock bottom in the Thad matta era.

Bucknell with the automatic bid by winning the Patriot League! I haven't been able to watch them this year, but I have kept up with the game summaries. They look to be strong, hopefully they get a 11-12 seed rather than a 14-15 seed.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Sounds like Michigan will be sporting some sweet sweet practice jerseys for the game today. The team flew out today at 7:30 for a noon game. The B1G was kind of enough to push the game back a whole 20 minutes.

Duke-Carolina Round 3 eh?

In New York City?

Swofford and ESPN's dreams realized.

Fun Fact:This is the first time Duke and Carolina play in NYC since they played in the NIT in 1971

Top Bottom