• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 World Cup of Hockey |OT| World Cashgrab of Who Cares - Sponsored by SAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question from a total hockey noob: how come there is a North America team and yet Canada and USA have their own teams competing? Unless NA includes Mexican hockey players (LOL!) I'm very confused over the team structure of this World Cup.

A question from a total hockey noob: how come there is a North America team and yet Canada and USA have their own teams competing? Unless NA includes Mexican hockey players (LOL!) I'm very confused over the team structure of this World Cup.

Here,from a previous post of mine, this should help ya :)

North America: Young Superstars from North America, 23 or younger.

Europe:players from different countries other than Sweden,Finland, Czech Republic.

This is a NHL Tournament and it wouldn't be fair for smaller countries with only one Player from the NHL that's why Team Europe was made

Yawnier

Banned

Team North America is just for players who are 23 years old and under. Basically they are 'the young guns' team.

Also Auston Matthews on Team North America is from Arizona and has a Mexican mother, or something like that.

According to TVASports it sounded like Bergevin was trying to get Dadonov or Shipachev to Montreal.

If Radulov does fantastic this year. They might follow .Then soon Ovi to Montreal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom