• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2025 will explode

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I wouldn’t even call it rumors/leaks. We have confirmation from Nintendo that “Switch 2” will be a ‘upgraded Switch’ type device.

I'm even more confident now that the new console will be backwards compatible with the Switch.

sendit

nintendo sony ms pc all will have huge years my friends am known for my industry predictions
Rainbow You Are Gay GIF

Trilobit

My Nintendo predictions for 2025, all release games for the next Switch:

The new Legend of Zelda will arrive in a darker tone with a more badass and mature Link.
maxresdefault.jpg

New 3D Mario game with a more realistic Mario utilizing the raw power of the Switch 2. Not exactly going for photorealism, but very close to it, while still maintaining the classic style.

Game Freak will step in the graphics department and wow people with Pokemon this time. It will be very vibrant and show that the Switch can easily compete with PS5 and XSX.
CelJaded-Pokemon-Sun-Pokemon-Moon-Review-5.jpg

A new Mario Kart game that will play in glorious 4K 60fps and also include a track editor.
maxresdefault.jpg

My Nintendo predictions for 2025, all release games for the next Switch:

The new Legend of Zelda will arrive in a darker tone with a more badass and mature Link.
maxresdefault.jpg

New 3D Mario game with a more realistic Mario utilizing the raw power of the Switch 2. Not exactly going for photorealism, but very close to it, while still maintaining the classic style.

Game Freak will step in the graphics department and wow people with Pokemon this time. It will be very vibrant and show that the Switch can easily compete with PS5 and XSX.
CelJaded-Pokemon-Sun-Pokemon-Moon-Review-5.jpg

A new Mario Kart game that will play in glorious 4K 60fps and also include a track editor.
maxresdefault.jpg
3D Mario is 99.9% the exclusive launch title in March (aswell as cross gen Metroid Prime 4 the month later). Mario Kart 9 and the new Pokémon are 99.9% their tentpole Winter games. In terms of Spring / Summer I think a new RPG from Monolithsoft, a Warriors game and a new collaboration with Ubisoft are also all a safe bet for throughout 2025.

I also think a couple of Remasters / Remakes which I think will be a Twilight Princess Remake in the vein of Metroid Prime (same underlying gameplay with updated visuals) to help the Zelda team get an idea of what the new Switch can do if they go for a more realistic look much like Wind Waker HD was for BotW and maybe FZero GX 4k (could be one of a number of different GC/DS/3DS/Wii/WiiU remasters).

It wouldn’t shock me if RDRII, Elden Ring + Erd Tree and Cyberpunk 2077 + Phantom Liberty are all released inside the platforms first year. I know that AC Mirage, Avatar and SW Outlaws are currently in development and targeting the launch year for it in terms of AAA Ubisoft third party games. Like some journalists have said expect most games from PS4 and PS5 to have Switch 2 versions. I’m talking 80% of games instead of the 20% Switch currently gets.

They delayed because they want a steady stream of software throughout Switch 2’s first full year because of how important that is in terms of a system’s overall success. 2025 is going to be 2017 part II.

SHA

2026 is the release year for the next xbox and Playstation 6, it's obvious these games gonna underperform with few exceptions until 10th gen release.

We had the Switch, PS5 and Xbox Series Bullshit release under Trump last time - fuck all since, so I can very much see things turning round again in 2025! Many, many wonderful consoles on the way.

Holammer

I consulted the oracles, studied fish entrails, watched the flight of birds and come to the conclusion that GigaBowser is mistaken.
2025 will be shit year for the industry because China starts a bombing campaign against Taiwan early second quarter.

No chips will be made in Taiwan for the next five years.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Well, pretty much the only franchise I really care about on Nintendo side is finally released in 2025, Metroid Prime 4, so I guess there's that going for them.

Fatmanp

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Nintendo does next year. My Switch hasn't been turned on in months. I'm holding off on buying any more games for it until the new system releases assuming the games will be backwards compatible.
Yep. I need to see what the BC/paid resolution boost will be like (if any).

Top Bottom