• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2K could be working on an unannounced remake (LinkedIn profile)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://mp1st.com/news/report-2k-working-on-unannounced-remake

tmb-768x432.jpg.webp

It’s been almost four years since 2K Games made a venture into the world of remakes, giving their popular franchise Mafia a facelift with Mafia: Definitive Edition. Now, a recent discovery leads us to believe that another remake for one of the company’s franchises is being worked on currently.

The discovery originates from the LinkedIn page of Brett Shupe; a 3D artist and Motion Capture Animator at 2K. The developer’s profile lists the titles he’s been working on since February 2022: a new Mafia title, the upcoming BioShock, a Cancelled Supermassive Games project codenamed “Erebus”, and the part that’s interesting simply mentioned as “Upcoming Unannounced Remake.”

I played it 2 years ago and the game still looks great and beats most modern games out of the water, no pun intended. I hope theyre making a new one, it doesnt need a remake.
Publishers often put B teams or even outsource remakes as a way to reignite interest in the IP prior to revealing or releasing a new entry.

It’s also “money for old rope” because taking an already finished game, retexturing it and relighting it is infinitely cheaper and easier than creating a new game from scratch.

Demon’s Souls and Metroid Prime are great examples of building on top of great existing games without changing the gameplay.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little

It seems unlikely. Hanger 13 to my understanding is working on Mafia 4 and generally I'd agree as main teams usually don't do their own remakes, its sorta an outsourced thing, kinda like how Aspyr, Bluepoint etc handle those types of projects, but Hanger 13 did the remake to Mafia 1, I'd expect them to want that team again to do a remake to Mafia 2

So....unlikely its happening now because of Mafia 4, but not unlikely ever or something.
Maybe BioShock remakes?

You might be right. I'm not saying this cause its one of my favorite FPS titles of all time either, I thin because that show is being made, maybe they want a remake to be along side the show
There's already one Bioshock under development. I doubt they're working on both a new one and a remake at the same time.
This is true, that doesn't mean a remake won't happen though as it could be a different team making the remake.

Its like saying, RE9 is under development so doubt they are working on both new and remake.....yeeeeeetttt that is exact how Capcom has put out their titles with different teams, so we don't know how is making the remake to say it won't happen cause a new Bioshock is being made.

Who said that EXACT TEAM was making the remake though?

So for all you know, we get both. New game by them and a remake by a different team to capitalize on the new fandom of the show

FbhCEAVX0AEk_NS.jpg

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Source: https://mp1st.com/news/report-2k-working-on-unannounced-remake

tmb-768x432.jpg.webp

It’s been almost four years since 2K Games made a venture into the world of remakes, giving their popular franchise Mafia a facelift with Mafia: Definitive Edition. Now, a recent discovery leads us to believe that another remake for one of the company’s franchises is being worked on currently.

The discovery originates from the LinkedIn page of Brett Shupe; a 3D artist and Motion Capture Animator at 2K. The developer’s profile lists the titles he’s been working on since February 2022: a new Mafia title, the upcoming BioShock, a Cancelled Supermassive Games project codenamed “Erebus”, and the part that’s interesting simply mentioned as “Upcoming Unannounced Remake.”
The Rock looking like a total fucking Jabroni in that image, up top. :messenger_loudly_crying: 🍻

Perrott

BioShock remake? Mafia II remake? Spec Ops: The Line remake? The Darkness remake?

The good thing about this news is that 2K's portfolio of past releases is so limited that pretty much anything that gets remade would be amazing. That is, unless its the original Borderlands that's getting a remake.

beanoboy7

Where is the 2K NFL sports title that we were supposed to get?

This might be for the triumphant return of NFL 2K!!!!

Top Bottom