• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

30 minutes of new awesome Jade Empire video footage and interview

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Hey there !

I though you guys would be interested by the 2 parts 30 minutes video of Jade Empire we put online yesterday and today on my site xboxyde.com.
This is from a brand new build shown at EGN last week. Lots of new stuff in the game engine, new levels (in part 2 mostly), new effects, and a lot of new info from the game producer.

Check them out, it's really worth the downloads.
Part 1 and impressions :
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_1010_en.html
Part 2 :
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_1014_en.html

I did not like KOTOR at all, but this game looks absolutely awesome.

scaffa

Thanks alot for the vids Blim! Cant wait to see the second part, the first one was old footage but it had great quality :)

JE seems to be a great game, cant wait to play :)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Blimblim let me touch you!

Kidding aside, thanks for these videos!

EDIT: Holy shit I just saw the first video and it really impressed me. I knew very little of the game and now my anticipation meter is through the roof. Hell even the Xevious clone looked like a competant and fun game, they really put all their effort into Jade Empire!

that looks amazing. i didnt realise that when they spoke about real-time combat they actaully ment REAL time combat.

very very nice.

hopefully the next step with be "Baldurs Gate2"-ish game in a similar but more advanced gfx engine, which allows for 6 player realtime co-op.

(in fact we need BG2 remade with the Dark-Alliance engine, 2 player co-op, realtime combat)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Templar Wizard said:
hopefully the next step with be "Baldurs Gate2"-ish game in a similar but more advanced gfx engine, which allows for 6 player realtime co-op.
Ha ha, you're funny. You just summarized BioWare's next game without knowing they were in the process of developing it.

BioWare Website said:
http://www.bioware.com/games/dragon_age/

About Dragon Age
Dragon Age™ is a blockbuster fantasy role-playing game set in a world created and owned by BioWare. Dragon Age will offer a deep, party-based, roleplaying experience in both single-player and multi-player game modes. Utilizing a brand new game engine, Dragon Age will feature stunning visuals with a tantalizing blend of the exploration and combat of Baldur's Gate™, the multi-player gameplay and community support of Neverwinter Nights™, and a cinematic gameplay experience from BioWare, the developer of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic™. Explore vast landscapes, engage in massive battles, and experience the sights, sounds, and culture of the heroic new world of Dragon Age.

Key Dragon Age Features
Cinematic story-driven single-player campaign
Separate campaign designed specifically for a multi-player experience
Mod tools for great custom content
Set in a new fantasy world created by BioWare for fans of its past titles
Participate in massive battles
Party-based gameplay for outstanding tactical combat and immersive character interaction

Blimblim

The Inside Track
TekunoRobby said:
EDIT: Holy shit I just saw the first video and it really impressed me. I knew very little of the game and now my anticipation meter is through the roof. Hell even the Xevious clone looked like a competant and fun game, they really put all their effort into Jade Empire!
Yup. I really wasn't interested in that game when I saw the first footage a few months ago. Really bad animation especially. Now these videos really want me to play that game, it looks really fun, the animations seem to be mostly fixed and the game is gorgeous.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Prine said:
Good god this game is beautiful. im still watching the first part, the swamp levbel is amazing
Second part has some very nice looking levels, especially the village. I did not think the game engine could handle such big and detailed areas like that. I can't wait to see how it looks when in flames !

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
The enviroments and the characters are miles ahead of what KOTOR had, everything looks totally stunning.

Combat looks looks good as a concept (lots of ways to put down enemies, actual strategy involved in doing so), but pretty unpolished, there seems to be endless collision problems and i dont appriciate the numbers above the heads in an action game, especailly when you are already showing the health bars, seems redundant. Nothing to suggest it wont be fun to play though.

IJoel

Holy crap, this has gone a long way.

Looks fantastic. Let's hope MS pushes this big time in terms of marketing.

Top Bottom