• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Crew: 2nd Madden 09 Tournament! Starts 8.18.08

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
2ndgaftourney.jpg

When this Bracket is completed the new tournament begins!

Official Final Bracket of the 2nd Gaf Madden Tournament:

17final.jpg

Rules:

1. Sim play (just like the rules in the official madden league for PS3 and Xbox 360)
2. There are not team signups. You CAN change teams between rounds. You and your opponent are not allowed to use the same team. If both of you want the same team contact me and I will flip a coin for you guys.
3. The first and 2nd round last 2 days a piece. If you do not arrange your game in that time and finish it, the game will be determined by a coin flip. Exception: If two of you plan on a time and one does not show up. The one who doesn't show will be forfeited.

If more specifications are needed they will be added in.

The league is scheduled to move FAST. The goal is to have at least 2 tournaments before the season starts. The more gaf play the better :D

----------------------------------------------------

x. List your: Gaf User Name - Gamertag

1. vumpler - SpoonKiIIah (3 i's next to each other)
2. Somnia - DKMS Somnia
3. BigAT - BigAT4
4. MWS Natural - MWS The Natural
5. Nightz - N1ghtz
6. sableholic - sableholic
7. AirBrian - AirBrian
8. daw840 - DarkQberto
9. fmworiginal - FmW Original
10. blakero - On The Rochks
11. Andowsky - Andowsky
12. BirdBomb - Bird F3c3s
13. lybertyboy - GV David
14. tcvr0d - tcvr0d
15. methodman - UpunkROCbeezy
16. ComeBackTime - ComeBackTime
17. EclipseGST - tharockets

17 is still plenty. The winner will receive a 30 day Premium Account to Rapid Share. A ~$15 value! So why not sign up? You can host everything on RS :D

Edit: Guys I have a hunch that the disconnects for the final minute field goals are occuring because the defense is in punt return/block or field goal block. You aren't going to block their fieldgoal so line up in a different defense. 46 or whatever you choose.

IF a disconnect does occur because of this, you are to replay the 4th quarter with the change of possession going to whomever didn't just kick the field goal. The field goal counts.

Sorry had a brain fart.

GT - tharockets (when i get home i'll see if i change it or not)

and I understand what's going on now.

vumpler

EclipseGST said:
I won't be home till 9:15pm est.
What?

9:15pm est when? On the 18th or today? Actually it doesn't matter either way. Why are you telling us this?

EclipseGST said:
GT = tharockets...but i have a new live card so it might change
What? So this won't be your gamertag?

EclipseGST said:
Can I join?
No, not until you actually read the OP. Oh and until have a definite gamertag for the entire tournament and are sure of it.

vumpler said:
What?

9:15pm est when? On the 18th or today? Actually it doesn't matter either way. Why are you telling us this?

What? So this won't be your gamertag?

No, not until you actually read the OP. Oh and until have a definite gamertag for the entire tournament and are sure of it.

I was trippin my bad.

vumpler

Officially Starts Now!

Wednesday Night at 11:59PM CST is the deadline!

Edit: Guys I have a hunch that the disconnects for the final minute field goals are occuring because the defense is in punt return/block or field goal block. You aren't going to block their fieldgoal so line up in a different defense. 46 or whatever you choose.

IF a disconnect does occur because of this, you are to replay the 4th quarter with the change of possession going to whomever didn't just kick the field goal. The field goal counts.

daw840

FMW, just let me know when you want to get this done. If you are around tonight I would be available for a little while, but tomorrow evening I will be around until about 8:00 pm PST. Just let me know.

Somnia

Nightz I probably wont be on tonight, but I am available all day tomorrow. My AIM is Somnia1982 or just shoot me a PM when you want to meet up tomorrow.

Nightz

Somnia said:
Nightz I probably wont be on tonight, but I am available all day tomorrow. My AIM is Somnia1982 or just shoot me a PM when you want to meet up tomorrow.
Cool, that's fine. I'll be home from work around 5pm PST, so a game right around then would be ideal for me since I have to take off again at 6:45. If not, I'll be home again at 9pm.

Daw i wont be home till 1230 CST tonight and will be available till 5pm tomorrow. kind of a crap schedule for me so we will see what happens

Somnia

Nightz said:
Cool, that's fine. I'll be home from work around 5pm PST, so a game right around then would be ideal for me since I have to take off again at 6:45. If not, I'll be home again at 9pm.

Works for me I'll see you then

daw840

fmwOriginal said:
Daw i wont be home till 1230 CST tonight and will be available till 5pm tomorrow. kind of a crap schedule for me so we will see what happens

I am not guaranteeing anything, but I could possibly make that work. If not, then we will have to do this on Wednesday.

methodman

Banned
im about to get my ass kciked LOL

gore just got hurt in the first possession

edit: :lol at my punt!

great game bro. fucking controller died... god dammit

bird 20 - method 17.

BirdBomb

Banned
lol yeah. 1st play for scrimmage, Gore OFG, 2nd play Thomas INT on superman jump. :lol next possesion, V Davis OFG. bwahahaha

methodman

Banned
dude i shoulda just used the chargers, cuz gore always fucking gets injured in this game. LT never gets injured. I couldn't run at all with my backup RB :lol

Somnia

Well it looks like Nightz gets a bye this tourney..I just got the RROD turning my system on to wait for nightz to get home. *commits suicide* =(

vumpler

Somnia said:
Well it looks like Nightz gets a bye this tourney..I just got the RROD turning my system on to wait for nightz to get home. *commits suicide* =(
Doh! Out of all the people he is the LAST one that needs a bye. :(

Nightz

Somnia said:
Aww dangit I just got home too. Sorry about your Xbox. :(

vumpler said:
Doh! Out of all the people he is the LAST one that needs a bye. :(
I suck at this game. Out of the two tournaments, I've played 4 rounds...3 of those rounds were byes decided by a coin toss, a no show, and a RROD. The last round was a loss to you. So I still have a lot to prove. I'd like a rematch though from our last game, and the way the bracket is set up, that would only happen if we both made it to the finals. :D

vumpler

Nightz said:
I'd like a rematch though from our last game
Leeeets just hope you get beat. :lol That was honestly one of the most stressful games I've had, win or loss, in recent short memory.

vumpler

What does the status look like on everyones games? Does everyone have their game scheduled at least?

Updates are encouraged.

daw840

vumpler said:
What does the status look like on everyones games? Does everyone have their game scheduled at least?

Updates are encouraged.

FMW and I will probably play tomorrow, I didn't make it home in time for the 5:00 pm CST deadline he had for today. Considering that I am "supposed" to be at work until 5:00 PST.

FMW, what time tomorrow are you available?

Top Bottom