• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Crew: 2nd Madden 09 Tournament! Starts 8.18.08

daw840

Me and Vump just had an awesome game up until the 4th quarter. 24-16 and Vump is driving to try and tie the game, but what happens? EA's piece of shit fucking game freezes with 26 seconds left and vump on my 22 yard line. Anyway, we replayed the last 16 seconds and he threw and INT in the endzone. I have a feeling that wouldn't have happened if the disco didn't occur, but whatever.

DAW - 24
Vump - 16

Nightz

lybertyboy said:
Cleared some room off my friends list so I could add you. I'll be on about 7 pm PST.
Stuck around for a few hours and couldn't catch you online. Busy day at the office? ;)

But yeah, I'm not sure about my schedule for tomorrow. I'll probably be out most of the day and be home around 10pm. I might also have time between 5 and 6 to get a game in. If we can't get a game going, you can take the win. No big deal. :)

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Nightz said:
Stuck around for a few hours and couldn't catch you online. Busy day at the office? ;) I'll probably be out most of the day and be home around 10pm.

Yeah, I was stuck recording a podcast until way late. I'll definitely be on tonight though.

BigAT

Andowsky - 35
BigAT - 28

Not really as close as the score would indicate, I got down big early and managed to desperately claw myself back to that. I'm no analyst, but I'm going to go ahead and say my 7 turnovers may have hurt my chances.

gg.

Nightz

Mr. Ellis and I just had our game. Delhomme was severely underthrowing his passes. :(

Nightz - 20
lybertyboy - 7

Fun game though. David's a cool guy.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Nightz said:
Fun game though. David's a cool guy.
Lol yeah he is. One of the more fun players to play. Watching him come down on kick offs swiveling his players is the best :lol

daw840

vumpler said:
Lol yeah he is. One of the more fun players to play. Watching him come down on kick offs swiveling his players is the best :lol

C'mon Vump, you gonna update the tourney tree???

Just cuz you lost, doesn't mean you can shirk your responsibilities:lol :lol

Im just fucking with you, you probably should have tied up our game if it wasn't for EA's stupid fucking bullshit...

vumpler

daw840 said:
Im just fucking with you, you woulld have won our game if it wasn't for EA's stupid fucking bullshit...
Fixed

Oh and get off my balls they just finished their game less than 20 minutes ago :lol

vumpler

17bracket.jpg

vumpler

Deadline: Sunday August 24th at 11:59pm CST.

Who's going to stop Ando? Daw said it won't be him! So can Nightz or MSW do it!? Stay tuned!

daw840

vumpler said:
Deadline: Sunday August 24th at 11:59pm CST.

Who's going to stop Ando? Daw said it won't be him! So can Nightz or MSW do it!? Stay tuned!

Unless God himself comes down and blesses my controller.......

Nightz

MWS, I might not be home until night time, but you're usually on pretty late anyway, so we can probably get our game done today. Go easy on me, I'll be using the Cardinals to practice for the league.:lol

All games are played on all-pro??

edit:
MWS 35

Nightz 17

gg Nightz, I was sweating the game was going to disconnect after each one of our scores.

daw840

I missed the message last night for the game, and then I had some shit to do for the rest of the night. I am around right now, but I haven't seen him get online yet today. I think he got off right as I got on this morning. I have a little time right now to get it done, but I do have to go out around 5:30 pst and I will be gone for probably the rest of the night.

vumpler

daw840 said:
I missed the message last night for the game, and then I had some shit to do for the rest of the night. I am around right now, but I haven't seen him get online yet today. I think he got off right as I got on this morning. I have a little time right now to get it done, but I do have to go out around 5:30 pst and I will be gone for probably the rest of the night.
Will be randomized if you two can't meet up.

daw840

Ando, if you can read this (or birdbomb) I can play right now if you get online. I will check my friends list on xbox.com and if I see you I will jump online, if not then maybe later tonight. I will continue to check it online throughout this afternoon

daw840

As expected:

Ando - 17

Daw - 7

Although it seemed to be a lot closer game than that. I missed 2 FGs that I could have made if I would have hit the ball full power. Plus, out of my 1st 3 passes 2 of them were INTs :p

vumpler

Deadline is Wednesday at 11:59 PM CST. Since this will most likely be the last tournament for a few weeks work around your schedule to get this one in!

Whatever happens don't let Andy win!

Madden 09's 2nd Tournament has come to a close!

Championship Game: Andowsky (Broncs) vs The Natural (Jags)

Game Breakdown:

I started out with a quick 21-0 lead. I get the ball and fumble on the opening kickoff of the 3rd quarter as the Madden gods attempt to make it a game.

Ando drives to the 5yd line after getting great field position from the fumble....throws a pick in the end zone. Then pauses the game and taps out stating I can't move my players on defense.

21-0 gg, update final bracket yada-yada.

BirdBomb said:
his problem was u were moving blitzers outside and closer to the line of scrimmage. hopefully that poll passes :lol

I guess...moving my defense had nothing to do with my offense though. Not being able to move your defenders does make it harder to play defense, I guess more offensively challenged individuals would prefer that :D .

vumpler

17final.jpg

-

Good Job Everyone! The Tournament went relatively smooth with solid competition almost all the way though. Congrats to all.

We may do a vote later in the season to open up another tournament, just let me know if you want one sooner than later. Its always fun to compete with whatever team you think you are best with, and give it your all. As opposed to getting stuck with a team in a league and ONLY be able to use them.

MWS Natural to claim your 1 month account to Rapid Share just shoot me a pm with your email address. 17 players was close enough to 20.

Top Bottom