• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

40(!) new Half Life 2 pics

Eric-GCA

Banned
I'm just amazed when I keep looking at the screens how much more "life" this game has than either Doom or Far Cry. Valve clearly understands that when making better graphics, you cannot just put shiny bumpmapping on everything. And in Doom 3, while the environments weren't that bad, they were stale due to the fact that you could hardly interact with them.

Hopefully this game won't take much longer to get into retail.

Iceman

image12(1).jpg

Looks who's S.T.A.L.K.I.N.G.

image14(1).jpg

The Life Half with Steve Zissou

image04(1).jpg

A Richard Pryor cameo. Sweet.

BTW, this game looks like the greatest thing evah.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Lol, I was just playing Doom 3 and thought to myself how bland it was when I shot all sorts of artillary at the environments (walls, computers, weird machines, etc.) and absolutely nothing happened. Heck, even Far Cry had more environment interaction with explosives and such.

Thats just one of the reasons why I'm looking foward to HL2.

epmode

Eric-GCA said:
Hopefully this game won't take much longer to get into retail.
according to a eurogamer article, we won't see it until november 23rd. it's not an official date yet, but vivendi is strongly hinting that it's accurate.

yeah, it's a long time to wait, but when you're worried that you won't see the game until next year, november 23rd sounds excellent.

Eric-GCA

Banned
image13.jpg

mmmm, it'd be really cool if you will get to climb that thing and look out over City 17, I'd imagine the draw distance would be quite something.

skip

epmode said:
according to a eurogamer article, we won't see it until november 23rd. it's not an official date yet, but vivendi is strongly hinting that it's accurate.

yeah, it's a long time to wait, but when you're worried that you won't see the game until next year, november 23rd sounds excellent.

fwiw, we are getting the opp. to review HL2 in a few weeks. so that's a pretty strong indicator that awesomeness looms.

Top Bottom