• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

81 New Mario Tennis screens. Wario court shown.

Deg

Banned
http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=7104

110.jpg

108.jpg

113.jpg

112.jpg

105.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

100.jpg

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Then how come peach is there princess?

You would think the mushroom people would have there own royal family and not be bossed around by some hussy!

I want teh consistency in the Mario saga!!

Deku Tree

Sweeet!

So there is more than one "Sunshine court"... I wonder if there is more than one court for the other themes too.

bionic77

I have never seen anyone get captures of this quality out of the cube before. Wonder what their secret is, usually GC captures are total ass.

ohamsie

Looks great, I'm going to wait for it to drop to $20 though, I got Mario Golf at full price and it dropped to 20 pretty quickly.

Memles

ohamsie said:
Looks great, I'm going to wait for it to drop to $20 though, I got Mario Golf at full price and it dropped to 20 pretty quickly.

Quickly = 15 Months?

If you meant $30, yeah, it dropped to that in about a year. But it was a great year of MGTT. I'd hate to miss out on so much Mario Tennis.

Shots are great...but old. Great, though.

Deg

Banned
ohamsie said:

unlike MG, MT should be a big seller.

Didn't the ball used to have teh fur shading? Not that it bothers me.

love the old school Mario Bros court! The mini games n stuff look great too! I'm sold!

Memles

Ecrofirt said:
the ball used to look realistic.

WTF happened?

2 and a half years ago, maybe. But the game has looked no different than this since the first newer screens were released earlier this year.

Kon Tiki

Banned
I think those 2 old pics were renders. No actual screen shot had ball fuzz. It was one of the first things I noticed.

Memles

Ecrofirt said:
I know.

But how does this make my question any less valid?

As said, they were renders of a game never made. The change in focus of Toadstool Tour to a bit more of a manic golf title (The chain chomps, etc.) led them to change Mario Tennis as well. Thus, the power moves, and manic 60 fps animation and craziness.

It moved away from a realistic tennis game, so the ball fuzz went away.

Top Bottom