• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"A handful of people on a leaky boat are gonna save the world?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyanka

It's dumb how Scorpion(fun fact: That's Ed Boon's voice) says "Get down here!".

But that fight with Cage is the best. Gotta love the Friendship!

That movie is really cool, but I hate how it drastically changed the stories in the games.

evil ways

kano.jpg

"Ah-Treasure.....uh-these.....uh-moments"

Kano ruled.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
it still stands as basically the only example that a video game movie can indeed be awesome.

Sho Nuff

Banned
"I'm in a hostile environment. I'm totally unprepared. And I'm surrounded by a bunch of guys who probably want to kick my ass. I feel like I'm back in high school."

The second movie actually uses extensive sound samples from the first game. When Raiden does his B,B,F command you actually hear "WINNEBAGOOOOO" or whatever he screams.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Actually I remember seeing that in the theatre with my dad (who's not an MK fan) and he kept making fun of the plot holes. I was like "DAD IF YOU DON'T SHUT UP IM GOING TO TURN INTO SCORPIAN AND THROW A HARPOON"

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
that movie is seriously still often. the CG effects are cheesy compared to today's standards, but damn if the fights still aren't kick ass and sonya is still a fucking hottie.

Shinobi

Shang Tsung : Your brother's soul is mine...yours will be next!

Shang Tsung : It has begun!

Blade : Where the hell are we?
Cage : Do I look like your travel agent?

Cage : While you're at it, why don't you call my agent?
Blade : Do I look like your secretary?

Johnny Cage : You know, you gotta admire her. When she sets her mind on something...
Liu Kang : It's not her mind you're admiring.
Johnny Cage : It's true.

Johnny Cage : We got a guy with things comin' out of his hands, we got another guy who freezes stuff, and then there's a man, who as far as I can tell, is made out of electricity. I mean, how did he disappear like that? What is goin' on here? WHO IS THIS GUY?
Sonya Blade : Let's just think this through. There IS a rational explanation for all this.
Liu Kang : He's Rayden, god of lightning and protector of the realm of Earth.
Johnny Cage : Oh yeah. THERE'S your rational explanation!

Johnny Cage : Kitana went this way... I can smell her purfume.
Lui Kang : I don't smell anything.
Sonya Blade : I smell something...bullshit.

Johnny Cage : Don't worry, I've got a plan.
Sonya Blade : Oh, I can't believe this! You are the most egotistical, self-deluded person I have ever met!
Johnny Cage : Yeah, well you forgot good looking.

Ah, Mortal Kombat...cheesey ass movie, cheesey ass lines, and fights that look akward and slow compared to any half decent Jackie Chan flick. Why I'm still entertained by this cheese fest is beyond me...but I always smile whenever it's on TV. Too bad Goro wasn't better utilized.

evil ways said:
kano.jpg

"Ah-Treasure.....uh-these.....uh-moments"

Kano ruled.

Played by the late Trevor Goddard...R.I.P.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Trevelyon said:
Reptile should've gotten more screen time.

Nah, he had enough. He's a very minor character. But the fight between Reptile and Liu Kang was the best in the movie, IMO. The part where the statue sucks him in and it transforms was very surprising (plus they had the MK announcer say his name which was awesome) and to top it all off Liu Kang does the bicycle kick! I remember the crown in the theatre going nuts when that happened. My only question is where the hell was Johnny Cage when the fight was going on? Just standing outside that building? He could have helped or done something.

evil ways

JC10001 said:
Nah, he had enough. He's a very minor character. But the fight between Reptile and Liu Kang was the best in the movie, IMO. The part where the statue sucks him in and it transforms was very surprising (plus they had the MK announcer say his name which was awesome) and to top it all off Liu Kang does the bicycle kick! I remember the crown in the theatre going nuts when that happened. My only question is where the hell was Johnny Cage when the fight was going on? Just standing outside that building? He could have helped or done something.

I remember being really pissed off when I found out Reptile was gonna be this tiny lizard creature, so when he turned into human form to fight Liu Kang, I was like "No fucking way" and got happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom