• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A look at PS4, XBone and WiiU physical release launch line-ups

spwolf

How come people say X1 has better launch lineup than PS4?

PS4 launch exclusives (Retail+Digital)

Killzone: Shadown Fall
Driveclub
Knack
War Thunder
DC Universe Online
Warframe
Resogun
Contrast
Tiny Brains
The Playroom (bundled)

X1 launch exclusives (Retail+Digital)

Dead Rising 3
Forza
Ryse
Zoo Tychoon
Zumba Fitness
Crimson Dragon
Killer Instinct
LocoCycle
Powerstar Golf

I just don't see the fuzz about the so called "superior" launch titles for X1. and the rest is multiplat that might end running better in PS4.

* Not sure about the accuracy, you can correct me if I made any mistakes.

it isnt, not to mention that PS4 will get another 11 PSN games within a month of release... and the fact that 3rd parties are going to look better... together with $100 cheaper price.....

In any case, most people will be buying 3rd party heavy hitters like BF, AC and COD, and they are crazy big games that will be much better to play on PS4 and XB1 than PS3/360, no matter how little effort there is. Only exclusive games I see doing OK for launch are KZ and Forza, with DC being bundled and PR hyping Ryse so hopefully it sells something.

Steroyd

My only genuine issue with the PS4s (and Xbones) launch line ups are no Japanese games being announced, which could change come TGS, and not one RPG.

RPGs are my favorite genre so its disappointing that there is nothing there at launch, even if its not the best. PS3 atleast had Untold legends. Luckily there seems quite a few coming in 2014, so hopefully wont have to wait too long.

Very rarely do RPG's hit a new system one year into launch, Xbox 360 was something of an anomoly because MS pushed really hard to get traction in the japaneese market.

One thing that needs to be taken into consideration

All ports will be superior versions on PS4/Xbone so people will have good reasons to buy them
All ports were pointless versions on Wii U (if you had ps3/x360/pc with any gpu) and actually hurt you if they had multiplayer component.

spwolf

its a sad day when we measure the quality of a launch lineup entirely by the quantity.

any way you measure it, both consoles have quality and quantity. You have biggest 3rd party franchises, big exclusives and lots of quality indies.

Decent launches.

The Dreamcast and Vita had the strongest launch lineups.
VITA Launch line-up

Escape Plan (PSN Only)
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Hustle Kings (PSN Only)
Little Deviants
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Super StarDust Delta (PSN only)
UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss
wipEout 2048

Launch Window Titles
Gravity Rush
MLB 12 The Show
Reality Fighters
Unit 13

Third Party Publisher Launch Day Titles
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt Injection
BEN10 GALACTIC RACING
Blazblue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Dynasty Warriors Next
F1 2011
EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Michael Jackson The Experience
Plants vs. Zombies (PSN Only)
Rayman Origins
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Tales of Space: Mutant Blobs
Touch My Katamari
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition

3rd Party Launch Window Titles
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
NINJA GAIDEN ∑ PLUS
Ridge Racer
Silent Hill Book of Memories
Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted

cacildo

U.S. launch: September 9, 1999

Blue Stinger

tumblr_inline_mr2cbvQQ5v1qz4rgp.gif

One day ill play this game

Because i saw three pictures in a magazine, and it looked awsome.

And then i never had the chance, because i never saw one single person with a dreamcast in my life.

Rad-

Driveclub
Knack
War Thunder
DC Universe Online
Warframe
Resogun
Contrast
Tiny Brains
The Playroom (bundled)

Dead Rising 3
Forza
Ryse
Zoo Tychoon
Zumba Fitness
Crimson Dragon
Killer Instinct
LocoCycle
Powerstar Golf

I just don't see the fuzz about the so called "superior" launch titles for X1. and the rest is multiplat that might end running better in PS4.

I'm really not seeing anything great in that PS4 lineup. Killzone 4 is probably the only launch PS4 exclusive game I'll be buying. If even that because I'm buying the console for multiplatforms (BF4 mainly). Otherwise there's just a bunch of ports of old average PC games + few indies + Knack and Driveclub which both look very mediocre.

X1 has DR3, KI, CD and Forza. I would probably buy all of those if I were to get a X1.

Jackano

EA has an unprecedented line-up on psone.

As much as I know that the big names are in full force on psone, I think their line-up is quiet bad if you aren't a dudebro hardcore gamer fan of shooters and sports and cars.
The variety of WiiU's line-up is a little better but mainly because of Nintendo 1st party games.

Also, many sequels, as already pointed out. This generation is already sad with this lack of original IPs, and even lack of exclusives... And even lack of "new-gen exclusives", as Watch Dogs and AssCreed and CoD for example will also be available on last gen.
I think many developers even 1st party have difficulties to output their games; 3rd parties needs more multiplatform than ever and gamers will buy systems more because of the hardware than because of the software. This will be a strange thing to follow their year and in 2014...

Yoday

Why are we comparing only disc based games? Digital is a huge part of the industry now, and digital only games are going to play a major part in the launch of these systems. I feel like limiting this comparison to only disc based games is being done on purpose to make the XBone and PS4 launches seem like less than they are.

Driveclub
Knack
War Thunder
DC Universe Online
Warframe
Resogun
Contrast
Tiny Brains
The Playroom (bundled)

Dead Rising 3
Forza
Ryse
Zoo Tychoon
Zumba Fitness
Crimson Dragon
Killer Instinct
LocoCycle
Powerstar Golf

Because you missed Peggle 2 in that list. My most anticipated launch title.

rjc571

Banned
With launch lineups that weak, I can't even fathom why anyone would be interested in buying a PS4 or Xbone this year.

bumpkin

I think a much better point of discussion would be the lists of exclusive games (i.e. not multi-platform or ports). Much shorter lists and increased contrast, IMO.

Feel free to correct me on any of this... Too early to put my Google sleuthing hat on.

WiiU
ESPN Sports Connection -Ubisoft
Game Party Champions - Warner Bros. Interactive
Just Dance 4 - Ubisoft
New Super Mario Bros. U - Nintendo
Nintendo Land - Nintendo
Rabbids Land - Ubisoft
Scribblenauts Unlimited Warner Bros. Interactive
Sing Party - Nintendo
Tank! Tank! Tank! - Namco Bandai
Transformers - Prime 2K
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 - Ubisoft
ZombiU - Ubisoft

PS4
Killzone: Shadown Fall (Guerilla Games, Sony)
Driveclub (Evolution Studios, Sony)
Knack (SCE Japan, Sony)

Xbox one
Dead Rising 3 - Capcom
FIFA 14 - EA Sports
Fighter Within - Ubisoft
Forza Motorsport 5 - Turn 10
Ryse: Son of Rome - Crytek
Zoo Tycoon - Frontier Developments
Zumba Fitness: World Party - Majesco

Based sheerly on numbers, the Wii U had the best launch of the three. Personally though, I think that the PS4 has the best in terms of game quality. Though one could certainly make a case for the XB1's lineup. I just have extraordinarily low expectations for games others probably would regard highly (i.e. Dead Rising 3, GIGA, Forza, Ryse).

Top Bottom