• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A vehicle explodes on Rainbow Bridge connecting Canada/US near Niagra Falls

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Could be terror related according to this tweet, lots of malfunctions if you don't know how to handle explosives.

Last edited:

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
im out trailer park boys GIF

Mikado

ngl, it's a pretty metal way to go - if they were older, I'd like to think they'd be pretty happy with the outcome. 56 tho, that ain't shit.

Edit: And the concert was cancelled? This has been a shit day all around.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Possible terrorist attack or a random explosion of a car driven by an older couple driving home from a canceled Kiss concert? It will be interesting to see what the final outcome is on this story.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
EDIT: Yeah, appears to be a freaky accident.

That is either a suicide or a jammed throttle. If its the latter I feel horrible for them. I can't imagine the terror in that kind of situation. Too fast to bail out or possibly even to fast to even have the thought to bail out as you careen towards whatever is in front of you.

I would be surprised if it was a terrorist attack. There are far easier and more effective ways to cause damage and bodily harm at a border crossing than just drive at it really fast in a 4 door sedan.

Last edited:

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
That is either a suicide or a jammed throttle. If its the latter I feel horrible for them. I can't imagine the terror in that kind of situation. Too fast to bail out or possibly even to fast to even have the thought to bail out as you careen towards whatever is in front of you.

I would be surprised if it was a terrorist attack. There are far easier and more effective ways to cause damage and bodily harm at a border crossing than just drive at it really fast in a 4 door sedan.
Maybe, but my first thought was "just another douchebag Audi driver". My guess is that the dude was just trying to beat the lineup at the border and lost control. RIP if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Maybe, but my first thought was "just another douchebag Audi driver". My guess is that the dude was just trying to beat the lineup at the border and lost control. RIP if I'm wrong.
No way. That is suicide speed towards a checkpoint.

No one is that dumb. Not even an Audi driver.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Absolutely psychotic to immediately write it down as a terrorist attack.
Not necessarily. Given the climate of pro-terror support in the U.S. and Canada now would put most on edge. We know that wasn't the case here though. Looks like some extreme stunt car moves which did not result in a successful landing. For anyone to feel suspicious of terror acts in the West now is not anymore psychotic than driving a luxury car over 100 MPH into the booth on a bridge. Freak accident but still not your normal everyday U.S. / Canada border activity.

dave_d

Not necessarily. Given the climate of pro-terror support in the U.S. and Canada now would put most on edge. We know that wasn't the case here though. Looks like some extreme stunt car moves which did not result in a successful landing. For anyone to feel suspicious of terror acts in the West now is not anymore psychotic than driving a luxury car over 100 MPH into the booth on a bridge. Freak accident but still not your normal everyday U.S. / Canada border activity.

Well to be fair it's not any more crazy than this idiot in his Audi A8. No video unfortunately.

Apocryphon

Absolutely psychotic to immediately write it down as a terrorist attack.
Early news reports claimed that the authorities had said that explosive material had been found in the car and that they were treating it as suspected terrorism.

The British government recently raised the threat level on the Canada travel advisory saying there were strong indications of an impending terrorist attack on Canadian soil.

If somebody in the American or Canadian authorities did tell journalists that explosive material had been found and that it was been investigated as a terrorist incident, the reaction online from the general public before more details were known is understandable.

Top Bottom