• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Accept no substitutes! The OFFICIAL NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty Interest Thread

GCQuinton

cover9.jpg

Those looking for FMT's "Official" league go that way --------------> LINK

Links of Note:

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread (Rules from this dynasty will pretty much carry over aside from some tweaks, so give it a read!)

Team Ratings (Including Prestige) - http://traditionsportsonline.com/ncaa-12-team-ratings-revealed

Selected Vets With First Pass At Open Spots:

bobbydigital
FMT

Newbies

Marleyman
dantehemi

Member List (With Preferred Teams/s, If Possible)

1. GCQuinton (NC State)
2. BigAT (Rutgers)
3. KanZolo (Northwestern??)
4. Striker (Pitt)
5. BigPapaHusker (Minnesota, Baylor)
6. storybook77 (Mississippi State)
7. Nightz (Cal)
8. mik (Oregon State, Arizona)
9. Ramirez (Kentucky)
10. Azwethinkweiz (Arizona State)
11. TheCrow (Northern Illinois)
12. MrCWS83 (Colorado)

Dynasty Style

As my last three online dynasties have been (fourth total), this will be a "career" style online dynasty. I'm not locking down the exact setup (custom conferences, etc.) just yet, but all members will AT LEAST be starting off with a 3 star team as head coaches and we can hash out the rest in this thread. If enough people want to drop the star requirement some more, we can definitely do that too. This was also a large reason we lasted NINE full seasons, which to my knowledge is a record among any of the GAF sports leagues. And out of those nine seasons, five were all-human national championship games, so I'd like to think we're doing something right!

More to come soon!

GCQuinton

Listen to me very carefully my friends, trolling the other league's thread will not bring you peace.

Striker said:
Count me in. No clue as to what team I'm picking yet. Are we having at least two people in conferences? It would be ideal, especially if we can get them all in the BCS conferences.

If so I'll join AT in the Big East. :p

We'll figure out our conference setup when everyone chimes in. As far as the BCS stuff goes, that's entirely up to us now so it's not a biggie.

Striker

Count me in. No clue as to what team I'm picking yet. Are we having at least two people in conferences? It would be ideal, especially if we can get them all in the BCS conferences.

If so I'll join AT in the Big East. :p

Didn't even see this thread. I will return to defend my National Championship(s)! I will probably start with 1 or 2* team depending on how the rosters look and the game plays.

Striker

Big Papa Husker said:
I'm in! I wouldn't have a problem if we lowered it to 2*. What does everyone else think? I think it would make it more interesting.
I have no objections. And there is plenty of quality candidates if so, and we can shift teams around. A couple conferences set with two people each would really give the final bowl games and whatnot a real lightening experience. Plus it could shift more competitiveness to recruiting and/or awards.

GCQuinton

Striker said:
I have no objections. And there is plenty of quality candidates if so, and we can shift teams around. A couple conferences set with two people each would really give the final bowl games and whatnot a real lightening experience. Plus it could shift more competitiveness to recruiting and/or awards.

The way we've always done things, everybody eventually plays everybody anyway so it really doesn't matter what conferences they're in. And, like I said before, with the bowls being completely customizable the circumstances can always be tweaked. Personally, I like having everyone spread out because it at least gives the teams some time to grow while we're still in that lower star status. Throwing too many people into custom conferences together will just cancel others out, causing their teams not to progress, them now getting fired, and potentially wanting to quit.

That said, once enough of us are at a 4/5/6 star status, I'd be cool moving some of our teams around into a couple of custom conferences in say, seasons 4 or 5, to change up the dynamic a bit. But like I said, this is all very much up in the air until the games comes out and I hear from everyone.

Welcome to the interested new guys.
Marleyman said:
I am in one with my buddies for the past dozen years but I would be willing to add another. Give me Stanford.
We only use 3* or below teams to start in the Official GAF NCAA League. It gives you the satisfaction of building a powerhouse instead of already starting with one.
GCQuinton said:
The way we've always done things, everybody eventually plays everybody anyway so it really doesn't matter what conferences they're in. And, like I said before, with the bowls being completely customizable the circumstances can always be tweaked. Personally, I like having everyone spread out because it at least gives the teams some time to grow while we're still in that lower star status. Throwing too many people into custom conferences together will just cancel others out, causing their teams not to progress, them now getting fired, and potentially wanting to quit.

That said, once enough of us are at a 4/5/6 star status, I'd be cool moving some of our teams around into a couple of custom conferences in say, seasons 4 or 5, to change up the dynamic a bit. But like I said, this is all very much up in the air until the games comes out and I hear from everyone.
Yeah BP and I spoke about this on AIM. I think it works out better people being spread out especially since you can control how what conferences meet in the bowl games now. If everyone is in the same conference the dominant teams will win each year whereas being spread out it gives any and everyone a shot at finishing #1. Definitely a smarter and more competitive way of setting up the league.

Marleyman

Banned
MWS Natural said:
Welcome to the interested new guys.

We only use 3* or below teams to start in the Official GAF NCAA League. It gives you the satisfaction of building a powerhouse instead of already starting with one.

Cool, I can handle that as well.

GCQuinton

The team prestige requirement is something I can set before we start now, so making sure everyone starts there won't be a problem.

That said, E3 kicks off in a few hours! If this thread goes away for that, see you guys on the other side!

HC-130-Hercules-035.jpg

GCQuinton

Ramirez said:
If you need a spot filled, I'm interested, FMT has cast me to the curb to rot. :p

I went ahead and gave you the tenth spot since you're a vet from the Madden leagues. Welcome to the league! And yeah, I definitely prefer the way we run things. Everybody's starting off with the same level of teams, so everyone has the exact same chance to get as better or worse as anybody else.

Ramirez

GCQuinton said:
I went ahead and gave you the tenth spot since you're a vet from the Madden leagues. Welcome to the league! And yeah, I definitely prefer the way we run things. Everybody's starting off with the same level of teams, so everyone has the exact same chance to get as better or worse as anybody else.

Awesome, thanks.

@PastaPadre
NCAA 12 is only behind closed doors. Make your own judgements on why this year they elected not to have it on the floor.
Guess they just aren't putting out for people to play. Probably because it wipes the floor with Madden.

KanZolo

storybook77 said:
I believe that counts as two. You're automatically disqualified if you're friends with Kanzolo however. :p
not possible, dont have nay friends ::foreveralone.jpg::

mik

mik is unbeatable
Yay!

I'm definitely in favor of sticking with three-star teams. I'm bad enough at recruiting that I'd hate to be stuck playing with a team of two-star scrubs any longer than I have to.

First choice for teams (pending rating from EA) would be BYU. But I guess we'll see just how badly their prestige has taken a hit from last season and becoming independent.

Top Bottom