• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Accept no substitutes! The OFFICIAL NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty Interest Thread

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
I'd like to have Mississippi State! Tired of NC State. lol

I was actually holding off on announcing my team to see what you'd do. So with that said...

N.C.%20State%20logo%20800%20by%20600.jpg

"We're looking to do big things in Raleigh this season!"

Striker

Nightz said:
Thanks friend.

Aw, the one team I was hoping to use is a 4-star. So, with that said, I'll likely be using...

5wwl1u.jpg

Can move me out of the Big East if you want, and join the ACC.

Depending on others, I might switch to Ohio Bobcats like I originally planned last year. Weaker team, but with help from swapping to different conferences there's a better chance to raise prestige in that and getting better bowls.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Well, poop. BYU is 4 and so is my team from last year, Arkansas. So, how about... Oregon State? If not them, then I'd go with either Arizona State or Arizona.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
Are we going to start with the 2012 conference realignments or will you change them after one season?

That one.

And Striker, it doesn't matter where you're at since everyone's playing our regular four (if we're full at 12) people anyway. I take care of that in scheduling. But if you're Pitt, AT's in the Big East with you if you're just looking for someone to be in a conference with.

And, this should go without saying at this point, with the coaching carousel every coaching move you guys make after the first season is completely up to you.

Striker

Well, I have no issue being in another player's conference. I figured we were going to set it up similar to last season with players meeting at season's end in bowl games.

After a season I have no issue if you want to move me over to ACC so we can, like said above, meet those expectations.

GCQuinton

Striker said:
Well, I have no issue being in another player's conference.I figured we were going to set it up similar to last season with players meeting at season's end in bowl games.

After a season I have no issue if you want to move me over to ACC so we can, like said above, meet those expectations.

That wasn't so much set up as it just happened to work out. Everybody plays everybody eventually, conference or not, so it really doesn't matter where you're at. And I don't plan on getting too crazy with the conference realignments, if we even do any. If somebody's playing a low-mid tier team and wants to move up, I'll evaluate it. The bowl game situations are completely changeable too, so people don't HAVE to be in a certain place and I can always reevaluate it over time.

And oh yeah, demo's coming on June 28th.

Well I was going to go with a 2* team again this year but I just couldn't miss the opportunity to lead THEM WOLFPACK BACK ON THE FIELD BABY!!!

EveN8.jpg

Oops! Uh....wrong image!

As I was saying...LEAD THOSE WOLFPACK ON THE FIELD BABY! YEAH!!!!!

0elyRl.jpg

storybook77 said:
MWS, you should be banned for the use of a New Moon image just on principle.
My um...uh...little sister...posted that first image...it wasn't me! Honest!
Ferny73 said:
Any other open spots in this bad boy?
Two spots but a good amount of rookies and vets to possibly fill them.

Unless BP goes back with Minn looks like everyone will be a 3* team this year.

I'm still trying to decide. Minnesota will have a decent set of skill players so I might go back and build them back up. Hopefully faster than the last dynasty. :)

Tentative Teams:
Minnesota, Baylor, UCF, USF

Ferny

Well if you don't have those last spots filled i'm in. Not really decided on any team or anything i'm in for whatever comes up though.

Big Papa Husker said:
I'm still trying to decide. Minnesota will have a decent set of skill players so I might go back and build them back up. Hopefully faster than the last dynasty. :)

Tentative Teams:
Minnesota, Baylor, UCF, USF
A few of the teams I had on my list. Make sure you take a look at this years rosters to get an idea of what kind of talent they have returning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTgRQ...tailpage#t=31s

More gameplay. Looks like more of the same but I loved the game last year so I can't complain.

I wonder how much this years rosters will mimic the progression of my players from 2010 to 2011.

GCQuinton

I don't know what's gonna happen in this thread and I hope you all can keep it cordial when the inevitable reactions come, but I've notified MWS that he won't be returning for this year's dynasty and that the decision's final.

GCQuinton said:
I don't know what's gonna happen in this thread and I hope you all can keep it cordial when the inevitable reactions come, but I've notified MWS that he won't be returning for this year's dynasty and that the decision's final.
What?! The decision is final? If it is related to rules couldn't a 'probation period' be an option? ... Wow.... I was really looking forward to playing him in the dynasty again. Man... this sucks.

Was definitely looking forward to my second season in the league but the Wolfpack dynasty eventually had to come to an end.

I was told veteran members complained about my "style of play", others quit, and even some were "scared" (lol really?) to join the league because I was in it. I really would love to know how my style of play ever deviated from real football you see on Saturday and Sunday. But I guess on GAF "style of play" is really codeword for "upset because you beat my ass".

If people had issues with me I wish they would have spoken up about it in the thread instead of sneaking back to the Commish. Even though Az is a cry baby he at least gets my respect for voicing his opinion publicly like a man.

Thanks for having me in the league GCQ and I hope that in the future you aren't forced to remove anyone for being too successful.

Good luck on the season!

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
Was definitely looking forward to my second season in the league but the Wolfpack dynasty eventually had to come to an end.

I was told veteran members complained about my "style of play", others quit, and even some were "scared" (lol really?) to join the league because I was in it. I really would love to know how my style of play ever deviated from real football you see on Saturday and Sunday. But I guess on GAF "style of play" is really codeword for "upset because you beat my ass".

If people had issues with me I wish they would have spoken up about it in the thread instead of sneaking back to the Commish. Even though Az is a cry baby he at least gets my respect for voicing his opinion publicly like a man.

Thanks for having me in the league GCQ and I hope that in the future you aren't forced to remove anyone for being too successful.

Good luck on the season!

Don't quote me on stuff I never said. I never once used the word "scared" in the instance you're referring to above. If you wanna fill in your own blanks with what you think something means because I won't elaborate go ahead, but don't twist my words because it suits your agenda. This is the first and last time I'm bringing it up in this thread.

Good luck to you.

Striker

This is the first time I've heard about it. Rather surprising exchange of events - if there was an issue I had hoped to learn ideas, complaints, and whatnot from a roundtable. I personally had no issue with him, even though I lost all my games. One game was close but he pulled away. The last game we played I may have had a chance hadn't it been for two awful thrown picks by my self.

GCQuinton said:
Don't quote me on stuff I never said. I never once used the word "scared" in the instance you're referring to above. If you wanna fill in your own blanks with what you think something means because I won't elaborate go ahead, but don't twist my words because it suits your agenda. This is the first and last time I'm bringing it up in this thread.

Good luck to you.
GCQ I'm not going to get into an argument or any drama over the interpretation of what you said in PM.

Ramirez said:
lol, first Madden, now NCAA. There's always Backbreaker.
I don't know man if I win too much they might say I'm glitching the physics.

Striker said:
This is the first time I've heard about it. Rather surprising exchange of events - if there was an issue I had hoped to learn ideas, complaints, and whatnot from a roundtable. I personally had no issue with him, even though I lost all my games. One game was close but he pulled away. The last game we played I may have had a chance hadn't it been for two awful thrown picks by my self.
Really would love to know what "style of play" these veterans were complaining about.

not to de-rail this thread, but if anyone is interested in the xbox 360 Madden '12 online franchise i made an interest thread!

also gcq if you find yourself short on people for ncaa i would like to play in the league. i suspect you'll have plenty of interest but just incase a spot opens up. san jose st. represent!

GCQuinton

FrenchMovieTheme said:
not to de-rail this thread, but if anyone is interested in the xbox 360 Madden '12 online franchise i made an interest thread!

also gcq if you find yourself short on people for ncaa i would like to play in the league. i suspect you'll have plenty of interest but just incase a spot opens up. san jose st. represent!

We should fill up soon and I'll probably give a couple of the newbies a shot, too. I'll let you know if something opens up.

BigAT

Has anyone seen any decent deals for this yet? Amazon has it for $57 and free release day delivery, but that's still kind of crappy considering they have a $20 credit for Madden.

GCQuinton

Big Papa Husker said:
That is pretty sweet. Will you be moving teams around in the various years to mirror what they will actually be? For example, Fresno St, Hawaii and Nevada are moving to the MWC in 2012.

Answered that question on the first page. I'll move the teams around when it actually happens in real life, so yeah, I'll move those teams in season two.

And yeah AT, I just went ahead and got mine from Amazon. My $13 for NCAA '11 knocked it down a bit but that's the best deal I've found so far.

GCQuinton said:
Answered that question on the first page. I'll move the teams around when it actually happens in real life, so yeah, I'll move those teams in season two.

And yeah AT, I just went ahead and got mine from Amazon. My $13 for NCAA '11 knocked it down a bit but that's the best deal I've found so far.
Wow, thats all they are giving for NCAA11? That sucks.

last years sports game are pretty much worthless. getting $13 for it a month before the new games release is actually pretty decent. i got $25 for it, but that was back in march i think.

BigAT

"NCAA 12 demo will have Alabama at Florida State and Oregon at Texas as the two matchups to choose from."

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:

You totally de-railed the thread. Didn't realized the drama happened. Thanks alot, FMT.

The wait for this game is almost as bad as the wait for Batman AC. But it is nice to still have that feeling for videogames at my advance age.

Thanks for the GameTracks vid. Thought it was about crappy licensed music (no, that's just Madden :p). Nice to finally see EA put in vid moments in the middle of the game, to talk about players having a nice game. Or a bad one (take that, North Texas, YEAH)

GCQuinton

For those who haven't checked the OP in the last couple of days, I've added two more vets to the member list:

Azwethinkweiz - returning from last year
TheCrow - A vet from all of my prior NCAA leagues except last year's who is returning home! Welcome back!

That said, we've got one final spot left and I'll be deciding what to do with it in the next few days.

TheCrow

Glad to be back to where I started my ncaa/madden career. I'm probably going to pick some scrubby 1 star team and build them up. It gives me an excuse for when I lose tons of games. :)

GCQuinton said:
For those who haven't checked the OP in the last couple of days, I've added two more vets to the member list:

Azwethinkweiz - returning from last year
TheCrow - A vet from all of my prior NCAA leagues except last year's who is returning home! Welcome back!

That said, we've got one final spot left and I'll be deciding what to do with it in the next few days.

i'm here for you if you need another player brosef!

GCQuinton

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm here for you if you need another player brosef!

I'm likely gonna give a newbie a shot at that last spot, but I'll add you to the vet list!

Even before I do that, I gotta say I'm loving this group we've got already. Top to bottom, probably the best we've ever had in terms of dependability.

For the three newbies (MrCWS83, Marleyman, dantehemi), post in this thread if you're still interested in playing. That'll give me a good gauge to work off of for now.

MrCWS83

GCQuinton said:
I'm likely gonna give a newbie a shot at that last spot, but I'll add you to the vet list!

Even before I do that, I gotta say I'm loving this group we've got already. Top to bottom, probably the best we've ever had in terms of dependability.

For the three newbies (MrCWS83, Marleyman, dantehemi), post in this thread if you're still interested in playing. That'll give me a good gauge to work off of for now.
I'm still interested in playing in the league.

MrCWS83

I have been thinking about my options of who to be and I have it narrowed down to Colorado or Illinois. I hope I'll get in the dynasty with you guys and have to pick between these two!

Top Bottom