• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Accept no substitutes! The OFFICIAL NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty Interest Thread

MrCWS83 said:
I have been thinking about my options of who to be and I have it narrowed down to Colorado or Illinois. I hope I'll get in the dynasty with you guys and have to pick between these two!
You will have a difficult road to the conference championship either way you go. It'd be cool to possibly have 3 teams in a conference.

GCQuinton

The last spot on the member list goes to MrCWS83. I was waiting to see how many of the interested newbies would actually stick around and you did, so it's yours. Welcome!

And with that, our 12 going into it appears to be locked:

1. GCQuinton (NC State)
2. BigAT (Rutgers)
3. KanZolo (Northwestern)
4. Striker (Pitt, Ohio)
5. BigPapaHusker (Minnesota, Baylor)
6. storybook77 (Mississippi State)
7. Nightz (Cal)
8. mik (Oregon State, Arizona, Arizona State)
9. Ramirez (Kentucky)
10. Azwethinkweiz
11. TheCrow
12. MrCWS83 (Colorado)

Solid list of reliable vets and a newbie that I hope will be the same. Liking this group a lot!

Demo's tomorrow!

GCQuinton said:
The last spot on the member list goes to MrCWS83. I was waiting to see how many of the interested newbies would actually stick around and you did, so it's yours. Welcome!

And with that, our 12 going into it appears to be locked:

1. GCQuinton (NC State)
2. BigAT (Rutgers)
3. KanZolo (Northwestern)
4. Striker (Pitt, Ohio)
5. BigPapaHusker (Minnesota, Baylor)
6. storybook77 (Mississippi State)
7. Nightz (Cal)
8. mik (Oregon State, Arizona, Arizona State)
9. Ramirez (Kentucky)
10. Azwethinkweiz
11. TheCrow
12. MrCWS83 (Colorado)

Solid list of reliable vets and a newbie that I hope will be the same. Liking this group a lot!

Demo's tomorrow!
Welcome to the dynasty MrCWS! This year should be so much better than last year just because of coaching carousel and conference changes. I can't wait for release! =D

mik

mik is unbeatable
BigAT said:
What weird state do you live in that allowed you to marry her even though you already have a legally binding marriage to this dynasty? Utah?
Careful, there. ;)

Congrats, Nightz!

Nightz

BigAT said:
What weird state do you live in that allowed you to marry her even though you already have a legally binding marriage to this dynasty? Utah?
LOL, Madden will be the third wife.

Thanks fellas!

BigAT

Here's a running log of my impressions on the game, playing on All-American:

-I'm playing as Texas (B+) against Oregon (A), my first play from scrimmage was a 74 yard TD run on an HB counter :p
-there's a new option in the Super Sim menu to watch the play as it's simmed
-Oregon just ran an option play against me where the RB did not catch the pitch, but the game did not recognize it as a fumble. Hopefully there was just something odd about the positioning this one time that caused the game to call it an incomplete pass instead of a fumble and it's not a bug.
-the play calling menus are MUCH better than last year. It defaults to having X, A and Y each select a separate play and there is none of the latency moving through the menus that annoyed me last year. It's very fast and responsive.
-kicking meter is the same
-the game feels like it plays noticeably faster than NCAA '11. Hard for me to say if it plays as fast as '10 was since we're so far removed, but I doubt that it does.
-there's no instant replay in the demo, so I wasn't able to analyze line interaction or how well zone coverage is as much as I would have liked to
-but if I had to guess, I would say that it appears that most players still are too deep on their zones
-for most defensive formations, they've actually changed Cover 3 away from the default one they've used for years now in both EA games. One of the safeties now has flat duties instead of being in a hook zone.

MrCWS83

I'll keep checking in for updates from you guys. I'm working at the fire station today so the demo will have to wait for me until tomorrow. Congrats on getting married!

Only played one game of the demo but it looked and felt pretty solid. Hard to get a good read on some stuff with just 2 minute quarters. I was however very happy to see my RB head towards the outside, LB or S had an angle on him, then I moved quickly to the left and the defender missed me completely. No suction tackle!!!!!!

mik

mik is unbeatable
Feels pretty good to me. It's a little faster, except--unless my brain is playing tricks on me--when the ball is in the air. I felt like I had more time to jockey for position when defending the pass. I kind of like that.

The momentum in the running game is interesting. It seems to turn four-yard runs into eight-yard runs, which could be a problem.

The presentation is kinda crummy. I know it's a bit more like the actual college game day stuff, but it all looks like early CD-ROM era CG. And the pre-game stuff is interminable. It will be skipped--always.

Felt great to be playing it again though. (had two 70-yard TDs on the jet sweep play. More research needed)

Wow, they brought back the PS2 style play calling with the different buttons mapped to the play. Nice touch! I missed that.

storybook77 said:
I was however very happy to see my RB head towards the outside, LB or S had an angle on him, then I moved quickly to the left and the defender missed me completely. No suction tackle!!!!!!

I saw that in the game I played too. It was awesome. Overall, the tackling looks much more realistic than what it was last year.

MrCWS83

Alright, newbie getting excited here. I've read up on the rules from last year's dynasty. Sorry if my questions/opinions are silly but wanted to address it (it's been on my mind). I am curious about the coaching carousel and how it will be implemented in our dynasty.

I don't know if you want to keep it to where we can only make lateral moves, 3 star program to another 3 star program or say if you raise your program to a 5 star, example, Big Papa Husker raises the Gophers prestige and could take the job at Nebraska if he pleased.

I saw you had a point system for coaching changes last year and I'm unsure if many if any at all moved around to different teams within the dynasty period.

Also I believe I read a thread from the past mentioning you'll keep up with the conference realignment coming this next season. Along with that note, the Pac 12 title game is currently at the home of the team with the best record. I am fine with that for the sense of realism but I imagine in the future they'll locate a site similar to the other conferences title games. Could I suggest those of us that play in the Pac 12 vote for 2 or 3 venues for a permanent site for the 2nd season and on? I'd recommend either of the LA stadiums Colisseum or Rose first, Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas secondly and Denver third, a homer for Colorado

Looking forward to release day, each day it gets closer and closer!!!

GCQuinton

3 star prestige is only where we start. Since the carousel's in, any move or offers (higher or lower tiered) you get after that is completely up to you.

GCQuinton said:
3 star prestige is only where we start. Since the carousel's in, any move or offers (higher or lower tiered) you get after that is completely up to you.

Alabama here I come in Year 3!

...and by Alabama, I mean UAB. :(

Striker

Courtesy of Lonestar, ratings!

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/home

Azwethinkweiz said:
I've decided I'd like to use Pitt if Striker would make up his damn mind and stop holding two teams hostage.
They're mine, sucka!

p5zFs.gif

GCQuinton

The following people have yet to lock in their team choices:

BPH (Minnesota, Baylor)
mik (Oregon State, Arizona) - Went ahead and gave Az Arizona State
Crow (Illinois?)

Make sure you're represented properly on the first season's official banner!

TheCrow

GCQuinton said:

BPH (Minnesota, Baylor)
Crow (Illinois?)

Does anyone know how much prestige Northern Illinois has? It should be less than 3 so I'll go with them. I don't want to get confused by having the same team across two leagues but I'll still get to play with a team from my state.

TheCrow said:
Does anyone know how much prestige Northern Illinois has? It should be less than 3 so I'll go with them. I don't want to get confused by having the same team across two leagues but I'll still get to play with a team from my state.

Looks like 2*...

Northern Illinois C+ C+ C C+ 2

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:

BPH (Minnesota, Baylor)
Crow (Illinois?)

I am not 100% with NW, will wait until game is out to make selection

TheCrow said:
We'll definitely wait for the custom/named rosters. They usually come out about a week after release.
It sounds like certain people are getting the game on Tuesday. Hopefully the rosters will be out the night the game releases like a few years ago.

BigAT

I kind of know one of the guys that works on the roster updates (fellow Rutgers fan) and here's what he had to say on estimating when the rosters would be done:

"We should have the game some time next week. Best bet would be around the 6th-7th. Rosters MIGHT be done by legit release, but most likely would be a couple days afterwards."

MrCWS83

So I've noticed Cal and Colorado are playing this season as a non-conference matchup. I hope this doesn't lead to a bug in scheduling or come down to percentage points in conference standings if the game views that as a conference game. I remember playing as Washington a few years ago on NCAA and the venues wouldn't change from year to year.

MrCWS83 said:
So I've noticed Cal and Colorado are playing this season as a non-conference matchup. I hope this doesn't lead to a bug in scheduling or come down to percentage points in conference standings if the game views that as a conference game. I remember playing as Washington a few years ago on NCAA and the venues wouldn't change from year to year.
I would assume that the game would just mark it as a conference game.

MrCWS83

That's what I'm guessing, so my question is will this cause problems for the rest of the dynasty with some teams playing 10 conference games opposed to others playing 9. And if that's the case, winning percentage may play a factor in the title race. Kind of like baseball, someone might be .5 GB of another

Top Bottom