• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat 3D Cross Rumble+ : first trailer

L~A

Konami Bandai-Namco had uploaded the very first trailer for Ace Combat 3D : Cross Rumble+, coming out on January 29 in Japan.

It's an expanded version of the 3DS game that came out in 2012 (know as Assault Horizon Legacy in the West, where it came out in 2011). One of the new features is amiibo support, where you can get some special planes by scanning the corresponding amiibo on your New Nintendo 3DS.

YouTube

003kpufp.jpg
0056eu6q.jpg

007mtuh3.jpg
0092uujw.jpg

ay2ut7.jpg
b2uuc3.jpg

c9auti.jpg
d1nuz8.jpg

Source

I would like to know what the + refers other than those features that will be New 3DS enhancement, e.g. improved 3D and default dual analog. I loved the first one, so I would like to know whether they added multiplayer modes, online, more missions, etc.

the original game was fan-freaking-tastic. That it went by so unheralded was a crying shame.

even if the new features are completely marginal, I'm okay with this title getting another shot at the success that eluded it first time round.

Boss Mog

I don't know what that 3DS game was like but if it was anything like Assault Horizon on 360 and PS3 then no thanks. That was was an insult to the franchise and that "dog fight" tunnel vision mode took all the fun out of it and so did the real world setting.

This was the last good Ace Combat game. So much fun, all that was missing was online co-op play during the campaign.

Please Namco, make a Ace Combat 7 on PS4, make it like 4, 5 and 6 and put online co-op in the campaign and I would get it day one.

L~A

Wait so is just the same game with a few cosmetic changes? This is beyond lame, I was expecting a AC3 remake....

You were expecting something else when the title is exactly the same (with the + implying there's some extra stuff)? It was always called Cross Rumble in Japan, btw.

That's like expecting Majora's Mask 3D to be a full sequel to Majora's Mask.

Sadly, they haven't told much about the new stuff, other than the amiibo and extra control stuff thanks to the N3DS extra buttons/sticks.

Boss★Moogle;143371261 said:
I don't know what that 3DS game was like but if it was anything like Assault Horizon on 360 and PS3 then no thanks. That was was an insult to the franchise and that "dog fight" tunnel vision mode took all the fun out of it and so did the real world setting.

This was the last good Ace Combat game. So much fun, all that was missing was online co-op play during the campaign.

Please Namco, make a Ace Combat 7 on PS4, make it like 4, 5 and 6 and put online co-op in the campaign and I would get it day one.

The game was a remake / reboot of Ace Combat 2. It's truly a classic Ace Combat game. Worth every penny.

I'm mildly interested in this, I hope it garners enough interest for them to consider making a HD collection or AC7 on the PS4. Infinity was so close to being fantastic if they hadn't nicked and dimed it. I think they realize assault horizon was a mistake, but it's taking them a bit to get back to what made the 2nd trilogy amazing.

You were expecting something else when the title is exactly the same (with the + implying there's some extra stuff)? It was always called Cross Rumble in Japan, btw.

That's like expecting Majora's Mask 3D to be a full sequel to Majora's Mask.

Sadly, they haven't told much about the new stuff, other than the amiibo and extra control stuff thanks to the N3DS extra buttons/sticks.

Hey, at least majora's mask is a full remake...

I was expecting an extended campaign, the original was AC2 remake, I was kinda expecting they'll throw AC3 remake into the mix...

I guess I was expecting to much. I have the original, and I see no point on buying again the same game. Looks like a very lazy effort, but again is Namco and Ace Combat, they are trying quite hard to burn the series to the ground for some time.

This is AC2 remake, basically. And is quite good, grabbing some of the systems from AH, but the actual implementation is x100 better.

glaurung

This appears great in terms of not having a real life setting and it looks to be checking all the check boxes for a genuine Ace Combat.

But the glory of Ace Combat has always been on the big screen. And god willing, we will at least get a PS4 version of Infinity at some unknown point in the future.

We are now entering this magical period in the current generation consoles wherein I expect a new and proper Ace Combat, a new Front Mission (though I guess FM Evolved killed this series for good) and a new Armored Core (coming, but god only knows when exactly).

sfried

I don't know what that 3DS game was like but if it was anything like Assault Horizon on 360 and PS3 then no thanks.
It's nothing like Assault Horizon. It's a remake of Ace Combat 2 apparently, and some idiot at marketing decided to call the installment Assault Horizon Legacy instead of, I dunno, Ace Combat 3D or Ace Combat Cross Rumble.

In any case, get it. It's kinda odd though that the mission objectives are being narrated by Batou from Ghost in the Shell.

Tom_Cody

I had completely overlooked this in the early days of the 3DS. God, 2011 was terrible for the 3DS.

At the time I hadn't given this a second thought, but it seems that impressions were actually pretty positive. I will definitely give this a look when it releases.

Is the game good? Could it work with the circle pad pro/C-thumb on the N3DS? Because using only one analog would be hard I think.

Is the game good? Could it work with the circle pad pro/C-thumb on the N3DS? Because using only one analog would be hard I think.

The vanilla version was one of the few games supporting the CPP, so I think this Plus version will support N3DS controls.

The game is good. No multi and a bit short but all the other aspects are really top-notch.

Doczu

It does use the second nub. Fun fact - the jap. version of the first Ace Combat 3D was the only one that used the circle pad pro. one of the reasons why i didn't buy it in the EU :(

The vanilla version was one of the few games supporting the CPP, so I think this Plus version will support N3DS controls.

The game is good. No multi and a bit short but all the other aspects are really top-notch.

Thanks.

It does use the second nub. Fun fact - the jap. version of the first Ace Combat 3D was the only one that used the circle pad pro. one of the reasons why i didn't buy it in the EU :(

Wait, what? Sigh.

Yes, crazy. I got used to the control scheme, but the CPP in the Western version would have been a plus.

EYEL1NER

If it does in fact get localized, I'll buy it for sure. I already have Assault Horizon Legacy but I'll buy this just to throw some money at the series because Infinity won't even see a download from me, let alone a dime.

Top Bottom