• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat 7 delayed to 2018

A VR focused Ace Combat just feels like an excuse to make it as much like Assault Horizon as possible, which I personally don't want.

If they have a vision for AC that is the exact same between VR and non-VR versions then go ahead.

That's why I mentioned make it like RE7...fully playable on both but fully immersed when vr

ED Cantu

Nooooo! damn this is dissappointing, but if they need more time this is the right thing to do.

Hopefully the new release date will be in early 2018 rather than summer or fall, and maybe they could release a demo this year?

Synth

A VR focused Ace Combat just feels like an excuse to make it as much like Assault Horizon as possible, which I personally don't want.

If they have a vision for AC that is the exact same between VR and non-VR versions then go ahead.

You realise that Assualt Horizon's mechanics are infinitely less suited to VR than standard Ace Combat, right?

CyberChulo

Time to pull out that other flight game and wait.

f-18_interceptor_01.png

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Maybe they can spend time creating a version for Switch, PS4 Pro and Scorpio

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Please let there be a PS2 HD Collection announced for winter at E3. We already voted on a remake/remaster of AC5.

SeanTSC

Good, since I'm going to buy a PSVR with this and I hope they take the time to make it Full VR like RE7. Also good for my budget since I need to buy a Switch this year when Xenoblade 2 comes out (it'll be on time for real, right guys? Right?!).

I'm okay with this. 2017 is too crazy anyway.

Take your time, guys.

I have all the games I need for 2017 already, seriously.

I don't get posts like this.

If Ace Combat 7 came out this year as planned, you'd just buy it or another game instead and spend less money buying it for cheaper later. It's not as if the games are going anywhere.

There's a lot I haven't gotten to playing from 2017, but it's okay with me because all it means is I'll buy them later for less money.

GrayDock

Take your time I guess, but I hope that it'll be fully playable in VR.

But I'll demand a PS2 AC Collection for this year, please.

Skwerl

I looked at the new screenshot of the delayed announcement and the lighting/colors bothered the hell out of me and I tried to fix it.

Crossposting from my reddit post:
xifKGP1.jpg

tl;dr Vignetting is too heavy: all the shadow is overblown, vegetation in real life does NOT cast dark solid shadow like this.
Runway would cast reflected light onto the belly of the jet irl, giving it more color variation and richness. Again, this is simply how light physically works. It is very rare to see pitch black IRL because objects in environment will bounce light around. You will not get this heavy shadowing effect unless you are taking a really bad photo.
In summary: PA really needs to tone down their post processing effect. The overblown shadow is really, really killing the aesthetic and realism D: COME ON TECH ARTISTS, YOU CAN DO THIS DDDD:
The game also lacks waifu, that is an obvious point that really shouldnt need to be pointed out.

Cool. No excuse to not have a Switch version launch same day now

Its UE4, so a Switch version is probably easy to make, and Wii & 3DS had Ace combat ganes, or flight games from the same team

But if they don't want to make a Switch version or see no market they need no "excuse", when they already struggling to bring out the announced versions in the planned timeframe.

Espada

On one hand, this hurts. I really wanted to play this after not having a new Ace Combat game for years.

On the other? Take your time, I want them to put effort into this as possible. I've seen far too many of my favorite series die with a poor/mediocre final entry.

Well, I think that's okay. I hope the game will be good.
P.S. Fuck VR.
Some of us like VR and are looking forward to playing this game in VR. It won't hamper your enjoyment of the game in non-VR mode.

Something tells me they aren't getting the level of performance they need from Unreal Engine 4 on consoles. Just my guess.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
That's a bummer... I can't wait to play Ace Combat again. Last one I played was AC2 i think.

What are the chances the E3 demo will be on PSN?
Ah, the fuck have you been waiting for? Lol. Get yourself a PS2 and start playing. Jesus, can't wait for AC, and yet you sleep on some of the best AC games? :(

hatchx

Banned
Good move Namco. This game would have been slayed in Q4.

Good to delay to a quieter time of year, and with added polish.

You got to have some pretty iron-clad balls to launch anything in Q4 that isn't a big tentpole release and expect solid results. Hell, even Titanfall 2 under-delivered.

Neptonic

God I've been pacing my room for 20 minutes
It never even entered my mind that AC7 would get delayed. This was my one summer game I was going to get.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Really hope they end up making it completely playable in VR like RE7. No reason why they shouldn't.

This will be another killer app.

Make the entire game VR playable. No reason not too. Thats exactly what i want a normal good ace combat but with VR. Also release a ps2 hd remasters with VR already !

we plan to reveal a brand-new demo showcasing one of the non-VR missions in ACE COMBAT 7 for the first time ever!
Is there a good reason why the entire game can't be in VR?

I was ready to buy a flight stick for the first time ever. No way I'm doing that for three side missions though.

Top Bottom