• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Acting FBI director McCabe refutes lies by WH about Comey dismissal

Oersted

Pardon, falsehoods of course. They would never intentionally lie, believe me

"I hold Director Comey in the absolute highest regard. I have the highest respect for his considerable abilities and his integrity," McCabe told members of the Senate intelligence committee.

He said Comey, who was fired by President Donald Trump on Tuesday, enjoyed "broad support within the FBI and still does to this day." He added, "The majority, the vast majority of FBI employees enjoyed a deep, positive connection to Director Comey."

On Wednesday, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, a White House spokeswoman, said the President "and the rest of the FBI" had lost confidence in Comey. She said the White House had heard from "countless" members of the FBI to that effect.
McCabe also contradicted another statement by Sanders in Wednesday's White House briefing when she said that the Russia investigation was "probably one of the smallest things" on the FBI's plate.
"We consider it to be a highly significant investigation," McCabe said, but declined to give details of the manpower involved in the probe.

More here

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politics/andrew-mccabe-hearing-senate-intelligence-committee/

Lock if old

kmfdmpig

Investigating the connections between a historical enemy and the current administration would never be a small item. What a ludicrous statement.

Heard all of this on npr last night, there's nothing left to be said. Hopefully the permanent director isn't just a stooge.

marrec

Banned
Sanders is uniquely stupid. How the fuck did they find someone as equally incompetent as Spicer?

If this administration has shown anything, it's that Trump is uniquely talented at finding someone meaningly unqualified and bad at any job.

The mere existence of Spicer and Sanders absolutely floors me, as someone who works an entry-level job in a small University's even smaller PR/Communications office. We're not a remotely major institution, but my director could literally run circles around these people at their jobs.

Sephzilla

Trump gun b like

giphy.gif

Mike M

Nick N
Sanders is uniquely stupid. How the fuck did they find someone as equally incompetent as Spicer?
I'd think it was competence is the limited resource here. Matching and exceeding incompetence is easy when you have an nigh inexhaustible well of imbeciles to draw on.

digdug2k

The mere existence of Spicer and Sanders absolutely floors me, as someone who works an entry-level job in a small University's even smaller PR/Communications office. We're not a remotely major institution, but my director could literally run circles around these people at their jobs.
Heh. I used to watch Donald Rumsfelds press briefings, and always loved watching him try to figure out the English language in from of an audience. I didn't think it would ever get any better, but it has!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
SNL should get a man to play Sanders. Really get under Donnie's skin like when they had McCarthy play Spicer

SNL should get a man to play Sanders. Really get under Donnie's skin like when they had McCarthy play Spicer

No, that would make Sanders seem more respectable to Trump. The whole thing with Spicer being played by a woman was that it made Trump annoyed cause he thinks women are weaker and less respectable than men.

DeathyBoy

Banned

Give it to Keenan Thompson, but don't give him an accent or a wardrobe change. Just have him deadpan it with "this is what Sanders really said" at the bottom of the screen constantly.

I felt myself getting stupider as I listened to Sanders speak at Wednesday's briefing. I bet she appeals to the Trump voters though. You know, Cletus, Daisy Mae, and their 10 children.

Top Bottom