• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

the damaged pieces are definitely new. but other than that, they look almost identical. I'm torn if I should sell my original and get this one.

I'm guessing Cheadle face is almost improved.

Might keep the old one AND buy the new diecast version. Selling can be a pain sometimes...plus my the leg keeps popping off mine.

Mine is still sealed. ~_~

In that case out with the old and in with the new!

I dont think you could go wrong with either. It's probably my favourite variant of the armour sets out there and both the original and diecast look fantastic.

I wish I'd picked up the black and white Milk variant that was released.

DemiMatt

What's different asides from the diecast and the original figure. I don't feel like opening my box, but the battle damage helmet and chest piece are new no?

Correct! Also it has the military logos & insignias that were not on the original.

It also looks a lot darker, and has more saturated red highlights than the original.

As much as I want to buy this one to replace my original, I'm worried that the Die Cast will have much less flexibility.

Great figure day. Started the day with an email saying that my Darth Vader Hot Toy will be shipping on the 23rd.

Also, my First Order Stormtrooper Squad Leader came in. Here it is next to OT Stormtrooper.

hAY40dm.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'll post some pics of just 1964 Godzilla in a few days, but for now, I present... Father and Son:

Godzilla teaching Little Godzilla the tricks of the trade.

LiK

In that case out with the old and in with the new!

I dont think you could go wrong with either. It's probably my favourite variant of the armour sets out there and both the original and diecast look fantastic.

I wish I'd picked up the black and white Milk variant that was released.

i had that one but i sold that already. really didn't like the look in person compared to the photos. one of the first Hot Toys i resold.

Yeah they're getting to the point where I have to be more choosy about which ones to get. Not necessarily a bad thing, I guess.

No thanks.

yea, prices are going up even tho they're making more quantities. probably why it's better to sell sold old ones you no longer want to pay for them. i preordered from BBTS for now since it's risk-free. can always cancel later if i need to.

dankir

Wow the differences are pretty apparent when you compare them side by side.

12321139_10153199446052344_8457439504557858488_n.jpg

I'll get him after I finish my AoU collection.

Vooduu

I'm trying so hard to resist those eBay prices for Hot Toys Kylo...

I have a BBTS preorder but that might take forever..

paolo11

I just realized last month that my Gamestop is selling Play Arts figurine. Hahaha I am so blessed. I got Cloud AC Play Arts Kai. Yeah!!!!

dankir

Sentry mode Iron Man? If it's like what we saw in AoU I'm so getting this!

Fuck o just realized it says Iron Man 3 on the image :(

12313723_10153200959667344_6829272456904885682_n.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Heads up! Wave 1 of the Diamond Select 7" Ghostbusters figures are up on TRU for $12.99 each! The TRU versions may not include the diorama pieces, but for that price it's an absolute steal! Especially now that you get free shipping with orders of $19 or above!

Winston
Ray

fZbMOyP.png

Look at all those freaking accessories! It's like a dang import figure up in here!

There's also a Louis Tully figure, but he comes with literally no accessories and is incredibly boring hasn't been put online yet.

ta77YDX.png

Rootbeer

Banned
to get ANY 7" figure for 12.99 is a steal, but these look nice and have good accessories.

Definitely bought!

Can't wait to get slimer and the other two ghostbusters.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
What were they thinking with Louis? He literally comes with nothing! Well, if you get the non-TRU comic shop version you get one of the 12 pieces to build the rooftop scene, but who's going to spend $24.99 on that, let alone $12.99 on the TRU version?

XDEcBQ4.png

Yikes.

Rootbeer

Banned
What were they thinking with Louis? He literally comes with nothing!.

Comes with nothing *AND* is the worst looking figure. Not a good combo. These are going to be on shelves forever. Ack.

Why didn't they give us the version of him from GB2 where he had a Ghostbusters suit on. That would have been cool.

DemiMatt

Wow the differences are pretty apparent when you compare them side by side.

12321139_10153199446052344_8457439504557858488_n.jpg

I'll get him after I finish my AoU collection.

new one is much bigger, wow

Are they? I mean, there are definitely some differences, but I can't find anything extreme.

He's larger, darker paint job, I'm sure more detail (although not much from this pic), and of course the battle damage.

From that side by side pic it definitely does not sell the newer version to me. I could be very happy with the original & not need to spend more than double the price of it to replace him with the new one.

Still great for newer collectors or Iron Man collectors.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Heads up! Wave 1 of the Diamond Select 7" Ghostbusters figures are up on TRU for $12.99 each! The TRU versions may not include the diorama pieces, but for that price it's an absolute steal! Especially now that you get free shipping with orders of $19 or above!

Winston
Ray

fZbMOyP.png

Look at all those freaking accessories! It's like a dang import figure up in here!

There's also a Louis Tully figure, but he comes with literally no accessories and is incredibly boring hasn't been put online yet.

ta77YDX.png
Mine MINE MINE!!

Winston
Ray

fZbMOyP.png

ta77YDX.png

Winston and Louis are awful. Offensively bad. Accessories be damned, Mattel did these better at six inches.

WolfStark

Woah Winston and Ray look awesome! 13 bucks are a steal for these if I look at the Star Wars figures for this price tags with their 5 points of articulation. Louis on the other hand looks terrible, no accessories, an ugly face, just why? Only in the picture with the glasses on his face was not so terrible.

Replicant

My Bobba Fett Meishou movie realisation is here. Sorry for not posing him but my Detolf is currently full and I don't want to keep him out of a shelf:

9aDZetk.png

P1GOACi.png

Hx20qTm.png

EziQpmZ.png

Batman looks gooooooood.
banderas.png

Superman looks like a rehash of the Man of Steel version. Seriously impressed with the amount of detail on Batman though.

12238252_10153205561992344_8301770342958033039_o.jpg

Top Bottom