• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Activision Games Will Start to Come to Xbox Game Pass in August - Starting with Crash Bandicoot N. Sale Trilogy"

Draugoth

Gold Member
hero

Ex1stasis and Exputer report that the next Activision game coming to Game Pass is Crash Bandicoot:

The first Activision games will arrive on Game Pass in August.

Since the closing of the ABK purchase in October 2023, we have only received Diablo IV on Game Pass and confirmation of Black Ops 6 arriving Day 1 on Game Pass in October 2024.

According to our sources and certain graphic evidence, I have been able to find out the arrival window to Game Pass for what appears to be the first (or one of the first) Activision games coming to Game Pass.

The name is Crash N'Sane Trilogy, and it will land on Game Pass sometime in August (I do not know if it can be played through xCloud).

Logically, I'm also looking forward to the arrival of Tony Hawk 1+2 and Spyro Reignited Trilogy, which I know are coming very soon but I cannot guarantee their arrival to the service in the same month.

Regarding the arrival of some Call Of Duty games, I currently have no information about whether they will arrive in August, or whether we'd have to wait even longer.

Source

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
You waited 4 years to play a game that’s regularly on sale for £15?

That’s low energy.
Why waste money? With it coming to game pass, I can get to it eventually. Same reason I won’t pay for any of the EA titles ever again. They’ll eventually come to game pass.

I throw enough money away on food, beer and kids. Why add games to the mix. Especially if I might only play them for a few hours, get bored and go back to Vampire Survivors.

Last edited:

SomeGit

Some are already listed on the PC Xbox app for purchase, kinda crap that they aren’t play anywhere titles.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Why waste money? With it coming to game pass, I can get to it eventually. Same reason I won’t pay for any of the EA titles ever again. They’ll eventually come to game pass.

I throw enough money away on food, beer and kids. Why add games to the mix. Especially if I might only play them for a few hours, get bored and go back to Vampire Survivors.

4 years ago Microsoft hadn’t announced the ABK deal.

The game was £19.99 on sale digitally on Xbox platforms in 2021, ABK deal was announced in 2022.

So for a long period you had no way of knowing if this game would come to Game Pass at all and it was available to buy for cheap.

If you just don’t buy games and only play what’s on Game Pass, that’s your choice - but man that’s no way to live.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member

The game was £19.99 on sale digitally on Xbox platforms in 2021, ABK deal was announced in 2022.

So for a long period you had no way of knowing if this game would come to Game Pass at all and it was available to buy for cheap.

If you just don’t buy games and only play what’s on Game Pass, that’s your choice - but man that’s no way to live.
Ehhh. Buying games is for suckers.

anthony2690

Make HD ports of lost kingdoms 1&2 you cowards 👀

Does Activision own these IPS? Or only publish them? I know from software made these games for GameCube, but I loved them!

Also FPS boost CTR & spyro trilogy please 🙏

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Time Looking GIF by ElevenSportsBE

Should’ve been on GamePass along with CTR and Spyro months ago.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Waiting years for a game like THPS remake to arrive on a subscription service you pay monthly for instead of buying the game you actually want to on sale/used is definitely a lifestyle choice I could never make.
Not everyone is as smart as I am. It’s cool. No hard feelings.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Waiting years for a game like THPS remake to arrive on a subscription service you pay monthly for instead of buying the game you actually want to on sale/used is definitely a lifestyle choice I could never make.
I tried it on PS+. I was way worse at it than I remembered from back in the day. Would have to really dedicate some time to it. Ended up playing less than an hour. Happy I didn't buy it. I'll try it again on GP. Game hasn't really dropped below $20 also. A lot of Activision games hold their price for a while.

Truly one of the weirdest things to me. Don't care if people prefer sub services to play games, but sometimes it seems people will only play what's listed on there instead of playing games they are actually interested in. Kind of seems to defeat the purpose of the hobby.

Tony Hawsk 1 + 2 and Spyro Reignited trilogy are also coming, but not clear if they're all coming at the same time.
Good! They should all come to Game Pass at some point soon. I thought that was the whole point of the acquisition. To make the games available to Xbox owners via Game Pass, to make them playable via xCloud through Game Pass Ultimate on any device, and to make the money from packaged and digital retail copies sold at the $60-$70 MSRP. If they aren't doing all of the above, I do not understand the benefit to Xbox owners of the acquisition of ABK.

Last edited:

Truly one of the weirdest things to me. Don't care if people prefer sub services to play games, but sometimes it seems people will only play what's listed on there instead of playing games they are actually interested in. Kind of seems to defeat the purpose of the hobby.
Yeah, to be fair, literally the whole point of Game Pass is not needing to buy the game. I subscribe to Game Pass and also buy individual games as well, either on sale or occasionally new. But normally they are not games that are on Game Pass. As a Series X owner, I have zero reason to buy a game to play on my Xbox, if I already pay for access to the game on the subscription that I already have. 🤷‍♂️

How that is a difficult concept to grasp is baffling to me.

For example, I bought Elden Ring at full price back in Feb 2022 and played it for over 80 hours. Had it launched directly into Game Pass, I wouldn't have bought it, possibly ever, but if I did it would have been months later, and only at a heavy discount.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Cool. Start bringing them Activision games! I’ve held off from buying games like Tony Hawk, waiting for them to hit game pass.
You cant afford $10 for these games? Like how low of a sale do you need for you to wait 4+ years on some of the most fun and all 3 with so much content, it will last you longer than some RPGs. A phisical used copy you can find for $5, whats wrong with you? Also arent you paying 10 times more for gamepass lol to just play Vampire survivors? Your gaming strategy makes no sense.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
You cant afford $10 for these games? Like how low of a sale do you need for you to wait 4+ years on some of the most fun and all 3 with so much content, it will last you longer than some RPGs. A phisical used copy you can find for $5, whats wrong with you? Also arent you paying 10 times more for gamepass lol to just play Vampire survivors? Your gaming strategy makes no sense.
I’m paying for a subscription for tons of games. Most games only last me a few minutes. I’d rather have access to 100+ games at any given time than waste $10-$15 on a purchase I may regret. The vast majority of games aren’t worth playing, and less are worth owning.

Top Bottom