• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2014 |OT| Haven't you Hird? Bomber's back!

I know Brisbane is young, bad, and missing their best players but the Roos aren't this great either. It's a hard match to watch. Lions are getting a shot every now and then and just completely stumble on themselves.

legend166

not as horrible as the umpiring all night long.

love how the commentators tried to blame an essendon player for a swan player hitting the umpire.

also love how it's hurleys fault for getting cleaned up.

Nah I'm pretty sure actively cheering (well booing, but that's the point) another human being laying motionless on the ground and carried off on a stretcher is worse than someone making decisions you disagree with during a game.

Westlo

Fuck me @ Hannebery getting off, swap the players and it would've been Hurley out for 3-4. (deserves it for his ponytail)

If hurls was stretched off but had been alright he would've got 2 weeks, but because he was very fucking lucky and tough it's okay, you can play next week Hannebery. such a stupid rule.

Bruce was implying that the Bombers player might have been involved, until they showed the replay and he was no where near it.

the commentating is nearly as biased as the umpiring. Swans would've won anyway because we played fucking shithouse like we have since rd4, they didn't need a hand.

fucking bomber needs to swtich hurls back forward but because he's stubborn and jakey got 2 junk time goals we're stuck with this setup until it's too late.

and look @ jenkins @ adelaide.....

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Now this is a disaster. Getting hammered with no way to stop the goals flowing and lost Hawkins to injury. Not looking great.

*insert line about cheating the salary cap here*

Swans were monsters last night. Great to see them in full flight. Kennedy still flying under the Brownlow radar.

jambo

CARN PEAR!!!

Bit of a scare there, but the usual 4th quarter run out wins us yet another game!

2 games clear of the comp if Adelaide beat the Suns.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
For those in the GAF tipping comp and care about privacy, go into your "my details" at the top and make sure under personal details where you have your name that "Use alias instead of name on ladders" is ticked. Because the site made everyone update whatever it was your real name is now showing.
I noticed yesterday but thought it may have only been me seeing it.

http://www.footytips.com.au/settings/?content=details

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
What is with Hawthorn? Been pretty poor recently.

Edit: They have a few more injuries than I thought.

AxeMan

We are missing about 8-9 players to injuries. Add to that we lost Clarkson this week.

Of those players missing is probably 6-7 of our top 10.

Regardless, we were good last week against Port and Sydney with our Box Hill team in.

This GWS game is different though. We have been putrid and GWS have been the better team. I expect GWS will play a good last quarter and beat us

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Friday June 6th
Geelong vs. Carlton @ Etihad Stadium

Saturday June 7th
Hawthorn vs. West Coast @ Aurora Stadium
Port Adelaide vs. St Kilda @ Adelaide Oval
Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane @ Etihad Staduim
Greater Western Sydney vs. Essendon @ GIANTS Stadium

Sunday June 8th
Gold Coast vs. Sydney @ Metricon Stadium
Fremantle vs. Adelaide @ Patersons Stadium
North Melbourne vs. Richmond @ Etihad Stadium

Monday June 9th
Melbourne vs. Collingwood @ The MCG

Round 12 Teams

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure what's going on in Catland. Need to start watching games again to see if I can tell what exactly's going wrong.
Wasn't that impressed by what I saw earlier in the year, a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes and seeing that we're struggling against most sides now it seems like we're well below our best. I wouldn't mind knowing why.

maladroid

Really thought you guys were gonna come out and smash us, so while we didn't win, I'm still pleasantly surprised. Just lacked the poise and class needed to hold on, even against a side down on form as a collective.

Carlton should have won that. Geelong have FINALLY come back to the pack and the Hawks and Swans would be loving it.

Carlton put up a good fight and Gibbs played his best game I've ever seen.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
As some one who suffers depression and has for several years, that Wayne schwass piece was pretty great during half time for ess / gws.

Good work all involved.

Jeez Carlton were unlucky last night, even the umpires came out and admitted they cost them the game.

Also yeah, dat mark.
BphEDjACQAA5O2G.jpg:large

Little disappointed still, hoping we kick a LOT straighter than that next week.

EDIT: Heh, uncanny :)
Bpg6Y6QCEAADeto.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Smallest crowd essendon has played in front of since 1992.

Smallest crowd fletcher ever played in front of

mrpookles

The Dogs are a joke. Retreated from my seats to the bar midway through the 3rd last night - we're completely unwatchable right now.

Dead Man

And that is why having the same teams play year after year is rubbish. Make it rotate between leading teams on special games.

Dead Man

I feel kind of bad for the Essendon players that were pressured into stupid shit, but jesus. If you cared about their well being you wouldn't have had the system you had. If you had an issue with the AFL getting info from the investigation you should have sent the lawyers back then, not now.

I don't get what they hope to achieve from this other than dragging it out for years.

Yagharek

What happened to innocent til proven guilty? Shouldn't there be samples tested in order to prove guilt, rather than relying on players being able to prove innocence (which goes against natural justice principles)?

In any case, no surprises that this happens the week of the world cup and the week after vlad retires.

Corruption, incompetence, malpractice are rife in this league.

Top Bottom