• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2016 |OT| Essendon moving to Egpyt, to be closer to supporter base

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Just watched the footage and it was pretty bad.

I always hate seeing that automatic arms up reaction from a player who takes a head knock. Sickening.

AxeMan

The sport is as clean as it has ever been. Previous decades it was more a free for all and paybacks galore.
That hit is an aberration, might get 1 or 2 of those a year but that one was particularly nasty, made all the more so because of the result to Gaff

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday May 27th
Sydney vs. North Melbourne @ The SCG

Saturday May 28th
Brisbane vs. Hawthorn @ The Gabba
Melbourne vs. Port Adelaide @ Traeger Park
St Kilda vs. Fremantle @ Etihad Stadium
Essendon vs. Richmond @ The MCG
Adelaide vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Adelaide Oval

Sunday May 29th
Carlton vs. Geelong @ Etihad Stadium
Collingwood vs. Western Bulldogs @ The MCG
West Coast vs. Gold Coast @ Domain Stadium

Round 10 Teams

Tigers pull a couple of wins and people start talking finals birth...I can go with that! :)

Also turned in 2212 in Supercoach this week so I'm not complaining. Too bad the misses had a Hen's night on SAT so I didn't get to go to the dreamtime game, my brother goes for the Bombers too damn it. I want to enjoy my victory with my frenemy's tears!

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday June 3rd
North Melbourne vs. Richmond @ Blundstone Arena

Saturday June 4th
Hawthorn vs. Melbourne @ The MCG
Carlton vs. Brisbane @ Etihad Stadium
Geelong vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Simonds Stadium
Gold Coast vs. Sydney @ Metricon Stadium
Fremantle vs. Essendon @ Domain Stadium

Sunday June 5th
Collingwood vs. Port Adelaide @ The MCG
Western Bulldogs vs. West Coast @ Etihad Stadium
Adelaide vs. St Kilda @ Adelaide Oval

Round 11 Teams

Heading to the game soon, first night match ever here.
Should be a good one, Go Roos!

No, Tiges :) Enjoy the game, hopefully the crazy wet weather doesn't arrive for your trip home. Protip: just go to the pub instead of going home afterwards.

Also here's my Supercoach team for R11, projected 2255 and I'm hoping Dangerfield keeps up his good run against GWS as my captain:

8xBHMl2.jpg

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday June 10th
Essendon vs. Hawthorn @ Etihad Stadium

Saturday June 11th
Port Adelaide vs. Western Bulldogs @ Adelaide Oval
Brisbane vs. Fremantle @ The Gabba
Geelong vs. North Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium
West Coast vs. Adelaide @ Domain Stadium

Sunday June 12th
St Kilda vs. Carlton @ Etihad Stadium
Richmond vs. Gold Coast @ The MCG
Greater Western Sydney vs. Sydney @ Spotless Stadium

Monday June 13th
Melbourne vs. Collingwood @ The MCG

Round 12 Teams

Got 4 free tickets for the Sunday Tigers game, take the fam or do what the misses wants and cook a roast for her olds...life choices!?!

AxeMan

Cook the roast
Put it onto individual plates to eat
Put it in the fridge
Write instructions on how long to put in the microwave
Go to footy
Find a new wife

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday June 17th
North Melburne vs. Hawthorn @ Etihad Stadium

Saturday June 18th
Brisbane vs. West Coast @ The Gabba
Fremantle vs. Port Adelaide @ Domain Stadium
Western Bulldogs vs. Geelong @ Etihad Stadium

Sunday June 19th
Sydney vs. Melbourne @ The SCG
Essendon vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Etihad Stadium

Bye
Adelaide
Carlton
Collingwood
Gold Coast
Richmond
St Kilda

Round 13 Teams

farmerboy

GWS v Ess yesterday threw up the worst goal review decision I've seen.

This shit gotta stop. I fear they're overturning goals for the sake of it.

Terrible decision.

fisheyes

GWS v Ess yesterday threw up the worst goal review decision I've seen.

This shit gotta stop. I fear they're overturning goals for the sake of it.

Terrible decision.

Which one? The one that was possibly touched at the very back of the goal line?

I have absolutely no problem with goal reviews, and they seem to be working most of the time, though the AFL needs to invest in some sort of high speed cameras with super zoom functions or something, because its a bit of a crapshoot sometimes.

Yagharek

So eddy mcguire has made his annual dumb dumb comment.

I assume he is going to double down next week after the fake apology comes out.

Why does the afl tolerate bigots like that? Every year this happens they fail to change anything and it happens again and again and again.

Caroline Wilson is a controversial journalist because of her comments on big stories but that's her job, and she doesn't deserve this treatment just as Adam Goodes didn't deserve his treatment. Even The Age ran a story with the fake Caro twitter account today. She is treated like shit and no male commentators get that.

What are others thoughts?

legend166

Why does the afl tolerate bigots like that? Every year this happens they fail to change anything and it happens again and again and again.

Caroline Wilson is a controversial journalist because of her comments on big stories but that's her job, and she doesn't deserve this treatment just as Adam Goodes didn't deserve his treatment. Even The Age ran a story with the fake Caro twitter account today. She is treated like shit and no male commentators get that.

He's already refused to apologise and said it was in the spirit of the event, lol.

I have absolutely no problem with goal reviews, and they seem to be working most of the time, though the AFL needs to invest in some sort of high speed cameras with super zoom functions or something, because its a bit of a crapshoot sometimes.
Yep, agree. I don't know why they don't just have a high speed, 16:9 camera mounted sideways in each post. That way you could view the line from ground to high up side by side in both angles at the same time.

Re Eddie, I haven't seen his comments yet so I'll go look up what he has said now. Also is his son in neighbours? I swear I saw him with some other little kid stealing crap from Mr fisher.

farmerboy

My point exactly. Benefit of the doubt should be given to the goal kicker. If the rule states goal line then I'm certain it was past that.

If the rule includes the width of the goal post padding then I'm almost certain it was past that too.

This decision was down to the last centimetre. And those cameras or framerates cannot give a clear enough picture at that point.

Worst decision I've seen so far.

fisheyes

My point exactly. Benefit of the doubt should be given to the goal kicker. If the rule states goal line then I'm certain it was past that.

If the rule includes the width of the goal post padding then I'm almost certain it was past that too.

This decision was down to the last centimetre. And those cameras or framerates cannot give a clear enough picture at that point.

Worst decision I've seen so far.

As far as I'm aware, the ball has to completely pass the line, which is in line with the padding of the post.

If I'm remembering right, the goal umpire called it a goal and the review overturned it, so they obviously felt it was clear enough, since normally if its 50/50 they let it go back to the ump's decision. I don't have a huge problem with it.

Jambo it was definitely in the 2nd half some time, probably the last quarter? Bombers were kicking to the right if I remember correctly, but can't remember any more specific details.

farmerboy

When is the score review, might check it out on the replay.

Actually I think it's in the first half. Just to be clear, I've no problem with goal reviews, just think that this one was so line ball I can't be convinced they got the answer right.

Two of us were watching and thought it was a goal. My suggestion is that any doubt should go the way of the scorer.

If Eddy had of made that joke about a male journalist would there be outrage? Why does it always jump to sexism or bigotry. I make jokes like that about mates/frenemies. The world is too touchy feely these days. She's a journalist and should have a thicker skin than a silly joke from a charity line.

If he said it as a sexist comment sure take him to task but he just doesn't like her, not her gender.

Omikron

If Eddy had of made that joke about a male journalist would there be outrage? Why does it always jump to sexism or bigotry. I make jokes like that about mates/frenemies. The world is too touchy feely these days. She's a journalist and should have a thicker skin than a silly joke from a charity line.

If he said it as a sexist comment sure take him to task but he just doesn't like her, not her gender.

I have to be honest. I saw you posted on this thread and I imagined this exact post.

I listened to it yesterday and it seemed more like a personal attack rather than a sexist attack. The black widow part turned the tide toward sexism but other than that it was just a vindictive old man chuffing with his other rich friends about someone he seems to despise. So the outrage is slightly misplaced however given the event his attack was out of place and outside of the event still completely unprofessional. He is still an idiot. Given that I don't know why Rosie Batty was interviewed and it felt like a where is ja rule moment.

I have to be honest. I saw you posted on this thread and I imagined this exact post.

So am I in or out...it's like a first date :)

Sure he's a twat for doing that in a live interview but there's bigger problems in the world isn't there? At least the charity got some extra limelight...I'll see myself out.

Yagharek

Thing is, Eddie does this dumb shit every year and gets away with it. Wilson had absolutely no relevance to the discussion about the ice water stunt until mcguire brought her name up. He did so because he has a personal vendetta against her.

Eddie mcguire is a racist, a homophobe, a misogynist and a bully. Fuck making excuses for him. He attacks anyone he feels like.

To clarify my above post, I'm not trying to excuse the man. I think he is a pig. I just feel like the outrage needs to be thought out.

Despite saying that I don't think it was inherently sexist, maybe he wouldn't be so up front about talking about a male like that so there is that angle to it as well.

Basically he is a stain on collingwood but then collingwood is a stain itself so it's fitting.

farmerboy

Eddie mcguire is a racist, a homophobe, a misogynist and a bully. Fuck making excuses for him. He attacks anyone he feels like.

He is many things but I sincerely doubt he is any of those except a bully. I also love how many are quick to criticise yet I can't recall any good media about the good things he makes happen. Whatever.

My take is he hates her, and she him. He used the conversation to have a sly dig at her. He also doesn't owe her anything except professional respect, which he mostly does. But on this occasion he couldn't resist and lets fly with a thinly veiled garb. Haha, so what? He attacks her cos he hates what she says about him and others. Not because she's a woman.

He's had plenty of barneys with other men. God forbid he can't have a go at her because she's a woman.

For mine she should have told him to get stuffed and lose her number.

Yagharek

He is many things but I sincerely doubt he is any of those except a bully. I also love how many are quick to criticise yet I can't recall any good media about the good things he makes happen. Whatever.

My take is he hates her, and she him. He used the conversation to have a sly dig at her. He also doesn't owe her anything except professional respect, which he mostly does. But on this occasion he couldn't resist and lets fly with a thinly veiled garb. Haha, so what? He attacks her cos he hates what she says about him and others. Not because she's a woman.

He's had plenty of barneys with other men. God forbid he can't have a go at her because she's a woman.

For mine she should have told him to get stuffed and lose her number.

His track record of abuse of indigenous footballers, snide comments about athletes' sexuality and now Wilson are sufficient evidence that he is all those things. His actions speak louder than platitudes and all the fake apologies that litter the record along with his idiocy.

Vault 101

He's an absolute dickhead. The conversation about Caro was actually violent and has a sinister feel about it, especially from Frawley.

He was similarly disgraceful with his Goodes comments.

I think he needs to be forced out of stuff as nobody is able to uproot him from his radio and media positions. I don't care if he stays on at Collingwood but we need to say dinosaurs in prime media positions should not be acceptable.

Plus I'm a Carlton supporter.

farmerboy

At worst i think he's a bloke who grew up in a pretty colourful area who hasn't quite let go of some of that boorish and at times insensitive behaviour.

If that doesn't equate with the positions he now holds then fair enough. But he's not a bad person.

I hope none of you listen to any colourful comedians cos that would be terribly hypocritical.

And in my book you take the good with the bad and he's done plenty good too.

And honestly I'm trying to be objective though I'm no great fan.

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Thursday June 30th
West Coast vs. Essendon @ Domain Stadium

Friday July 1st
Port Adelaide vs. Richmond @ Adelaide Oval

Saturday July 2nd
Gold Coast vs. St Kilda @ Metricon Stadium
Sydney vs. Western Bulldogs @ The SCG
Carlton vs. Collingwood @ The MCG

Sunday June 19th
Melbourne vs. Adelaide @ The MCG

Bye
Brisbane
Fremantle
Geelong
Greater Western Sydney
Hawthorn
North Melbourne

Round 15 Teams

It's funny, at about 1.5 minutes to go I said to my Sydney-loving wife that they were going to screw up the icing again. Then two entries back in to the forward 50 and then the mark. Screwed up my tips but worth it for my wife.

Port game was good on Friday. It was cold but a great game and 37,800 crowd made it clear when an umpiring call went against us. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom