• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of Atlas! Randall Park cast as Jimmy Woo in the MCU

Kevinroc

http://www.tracking-board.com/randa...nt-jimmy-woo-in-marvels-ant-man-and-the-wasp/

Fresh Off the Boat star Randall Park is set to play S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Jimmy Woo in Marvel’s ANT-MAN AND THE WASP, the Tracking Board has exclusively learned.

Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly will return to play the title characters, and they’ll be joined by Black Mirror actress Hannah John-Kamen, whose role remains a mystery. Michael Douglas and Michael Peña are also expected to return as Hank Pym and Luis, the latter of whom might just get a new girlfriend this time around.

Peyton Reed is directing the sequel to the 2015 comic book movie, which ended with Hank Pym showing his daughter Hope van Dyne her new Wasp costume as Scott Lang embraces the responsibility of playing Ant-Man.

Ant-Man grossed more than $500 million worldwide, and Disney is slated to release the sequel on July 6, 2018.

Park, who stars on ABC’s Fresh Off the Boat and HBO’s Veep, previously shared the screen with Rudd in the 2014 comedy They Came Together. This summer, he appeared in both Snatched and The House, and he’ll soon be seen alongside his The Interview co-star James Franco in The Disaster Artist. Park is represented by UTA, Principato-Young Entertainment and attorney Steve Younger.

Magwik

Banned

jared-woo.gif

jph139

Oh, great actor and a cool character. I sort of suspect he'll be in flashbacks... fleshing out Hank and Janet's old adventures?

Either way cool news.

The Kree

Banned
giphy.gif

I'll never understand why boring ass Melinda May was made up for the TV show when Jimmy Woo exists.

Leave it Kevin Feige to know better every time.

Not

Banned
PHEW! Dodged a TV series. Nice move, Randall.

Amadeus Cho better be Mark Ruffahulk's successor.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I think they're just referring to him as SHIELD Agent Jimmy Woo from the comics. In the movie, who knows at this point.

Given that Nick Fury is coming back for Captain Marvel, I imagine SHIELD's going to make some kind of comeback in the movies. Otherwise, Fury and Maria Hill are going to be pretty much rendered useless as characters.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
ive been sitting here laughing for a few minutes. please let this start agents of atlas

El Topo

Given that Nick Fury is coming back for Captain Marvel, I imagine SHIELD's going to make some kind of comeback in the movies. Otherwise, Fury and Maria Hill are going to be pretty much rendered useless as characters.

I don't think any of the origin movies had big roles for established characters though, so I wouldn't expect much from Fury in that movie. Haven't seen Homecoming yet, so maybe that one is different.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I don't think any of the origin movies had big roles for established characters though, so I wouldn't expect much from Fury in that movie. Haven't seen Homecoming yet, so maybe that one is different.

I mean, Coulson played a pretty prominent role in Thor.

El Topo

I mean, Coulson played a pretty prominent role in Thor.

Wasn't he only really there for the brief scene where Thor tries to get his hammer back and for some line about Stark? Like, maybe two minutes of screen time? Even then, he was really just glue to tie things together.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Wasn't he only really there for the brief scene where Thor tries to get his hammer back and some line about Stark?

No, he's relatively prominent in various scenes, not least when he personally interrogates Thor, takes away Jane's research and leads the SHIELD team that gets messed up by the Destroyer. Thor eventually ends up calling him "Son of Coul"

tumblr_m3t3qqYStb1qhl2u3o1_500.gif

tumblr_mbuxd4dmDo1rx6vjwo1_500.gif

I mean, I'm not saying he was like, a main character or anything, but as a supporting character he definitely allows his presence to be felt in that movie.

Dude is hilarious and should complement Paul Rudd's own comedic chops nicely. Good get.

Also, whole film will be a waste if we don't get another "tip montage" scene by Luis.

El Topo

No, he's relatively prominent in various scenes, not least when he personally interrogates Thor, takes away Jane's research and leads the SHIELD team that gets messed up by the Destroyer.

Man, anything in that movie outside of Asgard is just a blur to me.

I mean, I'm not saying he was like, a main character or anything, but as a supporting character he definitely allows his presence to be felt in that movie.

He (apparently) had four minutes of screen time in Thor. If that's what we're expecting from Fury, sure. Don't think Coulson really mattered though.
He felt more like some kind of inventory that belongs to MCU to me, like he was just there to make things seem connected rather than have an actual role. Then again, I only remembered like half his minutes. :D

Was starting to get a bit bored with the MCU stuff but this is definitely cool. Read the Agents of Atlas mini-series which was around 06-07 iirc and I've just seen them pop up briefly during Secret Invasion.

Do they have a lot of appearances after that in the comics or is that it?

I could see all three of them being warped into SWORD agents, because why not, it's the MCU and the rules have changed.

Sojgat

Was starting to get a bit bored with the MCU stuff but this is definitely cool. Read the Agents of Atlas mini-series which was around 06-07 iirc and I've just seen them pop up briefly during Secret Invasion.

Do they have a lot of appearances after that in the comics or is that it?

They got an ongoing in 2009 also by Jeff Parker. Only lasted 11 issues though. I recall a number of one shots as well.

DrSlek

I got excited until I read it was for the Ant-Man & Wasp movie.

An Agents of Atlas TV series would be boss as fuck.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Man, anything in that movie outside of Asgard is just a blur to me.

He (apparently) had four minutes of screen time in Thor. If that's what we're expecting from Fury, sure. Don't think Coulson really mattered though.
He felt more like some kind of inventory that belongs to MCU to me, like he was just there to make things seem connected rather than have an actual role. Then again, I only remembered like half his minutes. :D

Haha, both of the Thor movies are much of a blur to me as well. I had to strain to remember some of those scenes.

And thanks for the information! I had no idea IMDB did those kind of screen-time counts with characters.

Top Bottom