• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aging in reverse

Durien

Gold Member
Let me preface this with I am not high or drunk.. Now with that out of the way.

So I was thinking the last couple of days how awesome it would be to age in reverse. When we are born, we are frail as the elderly (but without the dementia or neurological issues that you get with the elderly. As you age you get stronger until you hit 50 when you then do "the back 9" of your life.
The benefits:
1) You are enjoying your twilight years with the energy to enjoy them
2) You can enjoy having as much sex as you want firing blanks the entire time
3) when you are able to be a parent, your kids have less energy than you do so it is easier to keep up

Note brain function is the same however. You are physically the reverse age but mentally your brain functions as in normal development.

Also note physically, you are miniature elderly. Women are not giving birth to full on adults.

Lol in the end you still end up in diapers with mental declines but now you have the energy to play hide and seek yet forget where you are or what you are doing 5 minutes after you start. You are old enough to know better but definitely healthy enough to survive the dumb things.

I feel that in this way, you don't have the energy to do dumb things when you Re young but you have the energy to do dumb things that you enjoy, if that make sense.

What do you think?

Hrk69

Gold Member
Let me preface this with I am not high or drunk..
Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Go sober up and find out what Dr. David Sinclair has been doing, along with Bryan Johnson. Yes, it’s possible, some of us have already slowed down aging and others have reversed it.

Welcome to the longevity community.

Rockondevil

So if you’re old but can’t have sex because you have a kids brain.
Then when your physically a child you can’t have sex because you’re a child.

I dunno man, sounds like less sex to me.

Durien

Gold Member
So if you’re old but can’t have sex because you have a kids brain.
Then when your physically a child you can’t have sex because you’re a child.

I dunno man, sounds like less sex to me.
Yeah in order to make it not "weird" Maybe once you hit 75 or so, your body remains that of a 25 year old until death.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
There was a documentary about this a few years ago, search "Benjamin button" and it should come up. Nobody talks about it now, but it was a big news story at the time.

Durien

Gold Member
So an interesting thing would be, we as humans, are created like this so as we age we reflect and die without regret. If I were to have sooo much energy and all of it free time due to retirement, there would be so many things I would want to do which could cause me to die with regret instead of having lived a full life. You could say the same about a bucket list where you do some of the things you wanted to do that you never got around to but that is different as maybe you were too busy when you had the energy.

Imagine being 70, feeling 30, and have a retirement account.

I also wonder if we would mate more for similar philosophies and not because she has a great rack.

Last edited:
iu
they will need to discover something like that amrita ooze from avatar way of water, then only the super rich and powerful will have access to it

jason10mm

Gold Member
iu
they will need to discover something like that amrita ooze from avatar way of water, then only the super rich and powerful will have access to it
I know its a whale oil/ambergris analogy, but you REALLY gotta wonder what gal shot a smart whale on Pandora, then injected various fluids into various people until she figured this out.

Durien

Gold Member
Dammit, beat me to it 😂

Stephen Merchant Reaction GIF
Lol damn!!

BTW at the beginning they talked about over population and dying at a specific age.

Logan's Run was written about just that. You reach 21 and report to the Sleepshop where you are killed in order to main population equibrium. You can choose to run and try to escape but they have a branch of police or security made to hunt down runners.

Last edited:

Killer8

There are people who have shown that they've reduced their biological age and/or slowed their rate of aging - there are even league tables for it, although some of the methods for measuring this kind of thing are disputed.

Bryan Johnson is probably the most famous one currently doing it but I don't find him very impressive. Sure, his bodily function markers are all really good, but he spends every waking hour and $2 million a year to maintain it. It's no way to live (and impossible for everyone who's not a 0.1% tech bro). It's obvious that a lot of what he does is also just pissing in the wind or designed to prop up other questionable things in his routine. For example he's in a caloric deficit a lot of the time but then has to use testosterone to keep his tanking hormone levels up. Or gets fat injected in his face so he doesn't look like a faded lesbian while maintaining single digit body fat.

Julie Gibson Clark is 55, looks healthier to me and scores better on the same league tables for only $108 a month:

Top Bottom