• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aion: Official EU Legion Thread

koji

#2500 in queue

Hope it speeds up later on... Otherwise I`ll have to wait till October to get some playing done... :-/

Khrno

Lv6, going to do one more level before going to sleep. I'll be back tomorrow at 7pm UK, so please invite me to the legion by then.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I made the legion, will invite all when i wake up. 8 am or so.

whisper Mannfred :)

koji

Good job Gromph! (you maniac :lol )

K, got the Legion invite -> happy

Now only to find some gametime... :D

Congrats again all, we`ll PWN that server! ;-)

desverger

The server queues being what they are (insane for the working person), I'm currently playing on Perento with some of my old chums. Will join this server too when the queues ease out a bit.

Khrno

I'm actually thinking about that as well (about joining a less populated server just to be able to play), are queues going to be way on even after the official release? I mean, if all the players that are playing or trying to, right now, are going to continue at least until the first month is up, and adding all the new players that didn't pre-ordered... I couldn't stand trying to play like this, and waisting all my time after work in a queue.

Ayase said:
We're forced to use queues for as long as certain servers have too much population. Our servers can handle a lot of players at the same time, but there is a limit (can't give numbers). I know that several servers have no queues at all, so if you want to play right away you could probably go ahead and try one with lower pop. I also know that queues will go away after a while -- it's always worst in the beginning.

I've collaborated a list of concerns/issues from the community this morning, so we'll see if there's anything we can do to reduce queues.

^ about queues.
They just need to add new servers and lock current ones or something...

But we can't expect 1 server to hold 5k+ players either so queues are necessary evil...

Khrno

I thought they had soft caps during the character creation, what type of caps did they use?

They should have keep a server locked until the other ones were filled up to remain balanced. I don't want to start in another server just for the sake of playing in the starter area and then come back here to do everything again for like the fifth time

Ezahn

Yeah, that. This game is officially on hold for me until I can play when I have time and will to spare, not NCsoft. The last thing I miss is another game to play. ^^

Dear Aion, may cya in the future. Back to my WAR and Arkham Asylum now. :D

me Jojo

Just wait for it to get fixed. It can't go on like this. =/

Disabling player shops and adding more channels could solve the problem partially. If they ever offer players to freely transfer their chars to a new server we should perhaps consider doing that.

Ezahn

My take: I'm a normal, patient guy. But hey, I work, as many other players.

They had a bunch of closed, semiclosed, open alpha, beta and every other conceivable greek letter.

They know how many preorder have been sold.

So, given the game is out in Korea from novembre 2008, and given the overall finish &
polish, this is just a missed opportunity for NCsoft.
And a pretty pissed opportunity for me. ^^

koji

I guess that's what we get for playing on the most popular EU server, was to be expected tbh. Have to admit that the Q's are a bit ridiculous but on the other hand.... it's a mmo launch... guess this is "typical".

Ah well, I hope by the time I get this house-moving thing sorted they'll have fixed the Q's.

desverger

Disabling player shops would definitely help. Seeing someone selling a +20 Mana stone for 50 million kinah so they won't get logged out of the game is just beyond stupid :lol

Ezahn

I agree: player shops should be capped at something like 1.5 hour max.
This is so ridicolous it's not even funny.
NCsoft sort of autocheated on themselves.

Gromph

Staff Member
Ezahn said:

Yeah is ridicolous, but atm, i wake up this morning, power on the computer, lauched aion loged in and afk shop.

So i can play at 15-16h when i arrive home. (It's seems is the only solution right now)

PD: Level fast m8 need a heal bot :p

PD2: If anyone need help, just whisper :)

Khrno

Ezahn said:

I actually decided to abuse of this today.

I couldn't even play last night, so this morning before going out I set up a shop so hopefully (if I don't dc) I'll be able to play tonight.

Gromph, if you sent me an invite for the legion I'll accept tonight.

Gromph

Staff Member
Khrno said:
I actually decided to abuse of this today.

I couldn't even play last night, so this morning before going out I set up a shop so hopefully (if I don't dc) I'll be able to play tonight.

Gromph, if you sent me an invite for the legion I'll accept tonight.

Will do later, when i arrive home.

Tonza

I made a char at Spatalos. Name is Tonza and he is a scout.
Seeing as you have alot of assassin's maybe I'll make him a ranger.

BTW Aion runs great. FullHD resolution with 4x AA and the fps is constantly around 100. Though I don't have all the sliders at High. Mostly one notch below the highest. Textures are at the highest though.

Gromph

Staff Member
Tonza said:
I made a char at Spatalos. Name is Tonza and he is a scout.
Seeing as you have alot of assassin's maybe I'll make him a ranger.

BTW Aion runs great. FullHD resolution with 4x AA and the fps is constantly around 100. Though I don't have all the sliders at High. Mostly one notch below the highest. Textures are at the highest though.

I will drop an invite later.

Me jojo will be happy :)

Gromph

Staff Member
koji said:
ah, the queue started early today! 148/148...

Ouch... so many people with free time :p

Is Mannfred online?

Khrno

Tonza said:
FullHD resolution with 4x AA and the fps is constantly around 100.

What are your PC specs? I keep my settings on the second to highest and 2xAA to stay around 60 fps most of the time, in towns get lower due to the amount of AFKing people tho.

Tonza

Khrno said:
What are your PC specs? I keep my settings on the second to highest and 2xAA to stay around 60 fps most of the time, in towns get lower due to the amount of AFKing people tho.

I have a Phenom II X3 720 overclocked at 3.2 GHz, Geforce GTS250 overclocked a little and 4 gigs of DDR2 800MHz. Running on Vista 32-bit. I think the fps will take a hit when I get out of the starting area to towns.

1300 in queue... :( showing 2 and half hour wait.

How do I disable the sounds when Im in windows with Aion in queue at background? While the music is nice, I'd like it not to play constantly.

koji

Can anyone confirm this, Gromph maybe, if I set up a shop at work, after being logged in during the day, drive my ass home, login, will it log my shop at work out and will I be able to log in without the queue?

Khrno

Tonza said:
I have a Phenom II X3 720 overclocked at 3.2 GHz, Geforce GTS250 overclocked a little and 4 gigs of DDR2 800MHz. Running on Vista 32-bit. I think the fps will take a hit when I get out of the starting area to towns.

1300 in queue... :( showing 2 and half hour wait.

How do I disable the sounds when Im in windows with Aion in queue at background? While the music is nice, I'd like it not to play constantly.

I see, you have a good setup there.

For the music, I just leave the game in the background and all the sound is muted automatically, not sure why it doesn't do it for you. You can turn off some of the music and sounds from the options right before you log in as well.

But if you are in a queue at the moment, just go to the Volume icon next to the clock, if you don't have it there, open it from the Start menu, and then turn all the game's volume down from the Mixer.

Gromph

Staff Member
koji said:
Can anyone confirm this, Gromph maybe, if I set up a shop at work, after being logged in during the day, drive my ass home, login, will it log my shop at work out and will I be able to log in without the queue?

Yes you will.

Kenka

I'm seriously wondering how much time this will still go on. Queue times are unimanginable.

OK, I'm playing on Vidar right now, time to get the fix :)

Tonza

Khrno said:
But if you are in a queue at the moment, just go to the Volume icon next to the clock, if you don't have it there, open it from the Start menu, and then turn all the game's volume down from the Mixer.

I just learned about the muting feature in Vista for specific programs. Great feature.

And finally Im in the game.

Khrno

Tonza said:
I just learned about the muting feature in Vista for specific programs. Great feature.

And finally Im in the game.

I think that's the best Vista feature actually :lol

Can't wait to get back home, just 1 more hour here at work.

Ezahn

Actual queue: 7 hours 28 minutes.

That's it for me atm, guys, please forgive me.
I'll try and catch you when this will be sorted out.
Good luck and good leveling! :)

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I went to Telemachus for the time being, as I get back from work and its a 7 hour que.

Scum

This sucks. Looks likes it won't be 'til 11pm-12midnight each night before I'll be able to connect and get a game in. :-(

Another 3hr+ wait... :-/
...but don't forget about me in the Legion though! :lol

me Jojo

Queue's at less than an hour now, people dropping out fast due to random gigantic lag spikes and the fact we're getting close to midnight.

Khrno

Shops are the way to go.

Everyone just set up a shop in the morning before going out and pray during the day to not disconnect, that way there won't be any queues in the evening.

V_Arnold

I am currently waiting for the actual retail release (friday), but looking how this queue stuff is like a pestilence now, I might actually wait a few days before even buying it. Hopefully things will be solved fast.

Top Bottom