• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aion: Official EU Legion Thread

koji

k, yesterday, this time, Q of 160 people, now almost 400

btw our legion -> GO US! :D

ranked @ #75/100 (that's not so good lol)

How do you increase those contribution points? PVP? (nm)

Growing Legion

When a member of the Legion acquires Abyss Points through quests, PvP, Fortress siege (RvR), etc., points will go toward Abyss Contribution Points. Abyss Contribution Points indicate the activities of the corresponding Legion members and the points are used in deciding to advance the Legion levels and the Legion rankings.

Even when a member withdraws from Legion or an item is acquired by consuming Abyss points, the Legion Achievement Points that’s already accumulated doesn’t decrease (Legion Achievement Points are like Legion’s experience points and Legion Achievement Points cannot be used).

http://uk.aiononline.com/livestatus/ranking/legionlist?serverID=31&race=1&currentPage=5

Khrno

koji said:
btw our legion -> GO US! :D

Oh man, great link, I didn't know there was a feature like this. Thanks for the link.

Today is my last day at work this week, so I'll be grinding the most time I can until sunday and hopefully be able to join everyone for PvP and get some Abyss points.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Yay!

We are bringing the servers down at 14:00 BST (more), September 25th, for maintenance. The purpose of this downtime is to tweak the way Private Stores work. A timer of 30 minutes will be implemented to prevent these shops from being abused as a means to prevent disconnection and alleviate queues.

The maintenance is expected to run no longer than 1 hour.

Thank you for your patience!

Yesterday after 3h wait i was a bit bored, and closed the client.

Khrno

The 30 min measure is good for the moment, but once things settle down and Qs aren't needed anymore, then they have to put the shops as they were before or it will defeat the purpose of the shops which is selling overnight or while you aren't actually there.

And since these shops only work while being in the same place without moving then people will have just the Broker (and NPCs) as only options.

Gromph

Staff Member
Ok guys, i'm searching other server, couse i cant wait 3h-4h every day to play 1h.

I can play 4-5h a day if i need to wait 4h in a queue, is no go for me.

If the situation speed up a bit, i will be back.

Khrno

That sucks man.

But you could always try the next anti-logging-off method, stay AFK all day while auto-running towards some corner in a hiding place.

Gromph

Staff Member
Khrno said:
That sucks man.

But you could always try the next anti-logging-off method, stay AFK all day while auto-running towards some corner in a hiding place.

Gonna do it, no longer a good person leaving an spot

taranatar

im gonna be starting tonight, what kinda class are we looking for? im thinking about being a priest!

is there still room on the server?
cheers!:D

koji

taranatar said:
im gonna be starting tonight, what kinda class are we looking for? im thinking about being a priest!

is there still room on the server?
cheers!:D

Not sure that you can still make Asmod toons on Spatalos, I think you can.

Think we can use tanks/clerics the most atm.

me Jojo

Made an Elly on one of the new servers because of the queues until it's sorted out. Besides Starby my main is at least 7 levels ahead of everyone else, any way. Could use a little break. Also I personally prefer grinding over questing so that's no reason to quit for me. :D

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Oh, I somehow just knew the Believe people I've seen around were from GAF :lol

I'm in my old MMO buddies' legion, Soulkeepers. Don't hesitate to whisper to say hi to me, my character is Osaka.

Scum

Ooohh, a fellow Glad. Got any tips for me? Just turned 25. :D

Osaka said:
Oh, I somehow just knew the Believe people I've seen around were from GAF :lol

I'm in my old MMO buddies' legion, Soulkeepers. Don't hesitate to whisper to say hi to me, my character is Osaka.

Sure thing, mate! :lol

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Scum said:
Ooohh, a fellow Glad. Got any tips for me? Just turned 25. :D

Camp the auction house for Ankle Snare. This is the most important Stigma you'll ever need, and it's price is pretty confused atm. I was lucky enough to find it for 480k, but I'm guessing it can cost millions later on in the game.

Also, grab a bow for shooting people that are kiting you or are escaping, it does pretty okay damage. Stock up on Lesser Healing Potions (the ailment removal pots), as well.

Before you get Ankle Snare, I recommend running away from people unless you are overpowering them by 1-3 people. :lol The stigma is really gamechanging.

Oh, and if you think you have a really hard time grinding solo, chanters are your best friends for duo-grinding.

Scum

Osaka said:
Camp the auction house for Ankle Snare. This is the most important Stigma you'll ever need, and it's price is pretty confused atm. I was lucky enough to find it for 480k, but I'm guessing it can cost millions later on in the game.

Also, grab a bow for shooting people that are kiting you or are escaping, it does pretty okay damage. Stock up on Lesser Healing Potions (the ailment removal pots), as well.

Before you get Ankle Snare, I recommend running away from people unless you are overpowering them by 1-3 people. :lol The stigma is really gamechanging.

Oh, and if you think you have a really hard time grinding solo, chanters are your best friends for duo-grinding.
Cheers for the tip. Wish I had that kind of Kinah at the mo for Ankle Snare. :lol
You've also reminded me about the bow. That's one thing I need to get. I'm currently beating down on Sulphur Slime and doing well. I just hope I'll get something decent from 'em! ;-/

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Scum said:
Cheers for the tip. Wish I had that kind of Kinah at the mo for Ankle Snare. :lol
You've also reminded me about the bow. That's one thing I need to get. I'm currently beating down on Sulphur Slime and doing well. I just hope I'll get something decent from 'em! ;-/

Grinding the Balaur might be a good idea, if you want to stay in Abyss. They drop materials for good endgame-ish craftable gear, and give bonus XP.

All mobs in Abyss have a lower drop chance on anything moneyworthy, as far as I know, though.

Khrno

Osaka said:

Awesome tips, I'm another Glad that hit 25 as well.

I'm having some problems with my PC on crowded areas, problems which I shouldn't be having but probably my GC is about to die or something, so I might stay away from the Abyss if I happen to have problems there (game crashes) and just grind around the other areas until I manage to fix it.

Starbeh

Neo Member
So we are right in the middle of a minor battle:

11vs6sn.jpg

When the server gives us the "shutting down in 60 seconds message."

So the Elyos run to their NPCs to be logged out safely, and we run to ours.

Only when the 60 seconds are up, those who didn't log out manually are still in.

Everyones confused, and all the NPCs are gone.

Realizing we now have the moment of surprise to our advantage, we quickly charge the Elyos outpost...

mhvwuv.jpg

...and wipe it clean of the few (5 - 10) Elyos left.

Some success for the struggling Asmodians! With the server being kind enough to give us an advantage.

Then we celebrated as the server disconnected people one after the other. I guess there's a queue for that as well now.

ws2opj.jpg

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Khrno said:
Awesome tips, I'm another Glad that hit 25 as well.

I'm having some problems with my PC on crowded areas, problems which I shouldn't be having but probably my GC is about to die or something, so I might stay away from the Abyss if I happen to have problems there (game crashes) and just grind around the other areas until I manage to fix it.

Hit shift+F12 in crowded areas to hide models, speeds up the game pretty well in towns etc.

I do need a solution for game crashing in HIGHLY crowded areas such as fortress sieges, myself. I think it's an ATI issue with the game. Spell effects turn into white and grey rectangles a few sec before the game crashes.

koji

Osaka said:
Hit shift+F12 in crowded areas to hide models, speeds up the game pretty well in towns etc.

Great tip cheers! Will do wonders for this PC at work....

Starbeh said:
Some success for the struggling Asmodians! With the server being kind enough to give us an advantage.

Haha, so we basically ninja'd something, awesome! :lol

Scum

Speaking of Ankle Snare I, some lucky bugger just got one for 90k. Right after that, the game crashed on me! :-(

It's now high time I started looking for bloody good equipment.

taranatar

hey everyone! what a day been really hammering out them quests hehe!

got a big favour to ask, do anyone of you wanna help me run through Black Claw Outpost tonight, i really wanna get the Mau Healer's Mail Set for my Cleric! I cannot do it byself.

i would be very gratefull!!:D

Ezahn

I'm sorry guys, but my Cleric is shelved for now. The game just seems to bore me atm. Maybe in the future our wings will meet again.
Until then... cya in Azeroth, The Old World or Millenium City! ^^

Just started playing, name's Metempsychosis and i'm trying to playing as a female mage, liking it so far.
Would like to be added to the legion, if possible : )

Gromph

Staff Member
hidepsyence said:
Just started playing, name's Metempsychosis and i'm trying to playing as a female mage, liking it so far.
Would like to be added to the legion, if possible : )

You are welcome :)

Just whisper ingame for an invite.

koji

Applied to another legion guys, no hard feelings, best of luck!

Feel free to add me to your friendlist.

me Jojo

Well I'm getting burned out as well with the legion's inactivity. I'll be on Kahrun half of the time (Elyos, joined a Dutch Legion a week ago while Queue'ing).
Whoever is interested in taking over leadership, I'll gladly give it away. :lol

Gromph

Staff Member
Ok guys i'm out of the game forever,

Banned for no reason is too much for me.

Khrno

Gromph said:
Ok guys i'm out of the game forever,

Banned for no reason is too much for me.

d_'oh_rly2.JPG

Come on dude, tell us the real story. Did you harass some Elyos in the Abyss? Did you bot some NM somewhere in Morheim? Everyone can do something to get banned from MMOs everywhere.

Even I got myself a 3 day holiday ban Morgion Gaol (FFXI jail) for speed hacking.

Gromph

Staff Member
Lord Phol said:
And thus another clan falls victim to the inevitable GAF-curse.

Nah, shitty game, extensive grinding, and enormous queues, kill the game.

You know when GAF-legion are only around 10-15 ppl, and the activity is only 2-3 at same time, the logic solution is fall.

I got my account unbaned, now my gf is ill, so i have no time to log in and play, and i dont know i will pay the first month.

Anyway i'm looking for FFXIV, any other MMORPG can go to hell :lol

Top Bottom