• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

grim-tales

Hmmm, OK. So if the numbers are long/lat, any bets on what the words mean? I guess we're still none the wiser with those.

Hmmm, OK. So if the numbers are long/lat, any bets on what the words mean? I guess we're still none the wiser with those.

It's summer, so presumable ice-cream will be on sale at the convention, it costs money to get in, which would cover "coin." There will be lots of talking going on, since I'm sure it will be busy. They obviously need to have fire safety procedures in place, which will involve ringing bells. Shotgun could be to do with convention security.

So that just leaves 1/216 :p

takoyaki

Nice, just saw -118.2687 and immediately knew what it meant. Feels good to be ahead of the teaser for a change :)

It's still possible that the numbers are about the event and the words about the game.

takoyaki

Good point! :)
I had no idea what -118.2697 was :D

Guess 4infinity hasn't stared back into you yet ;)

Also, the coordinates are precise enough to confirm the room number 152F:

screenshot0027-05-29ak5j1k.png

Anyone been to that room? Is the stage where the panelists sit on that wall?

Swamped

Banned
OMG wouldn't it be hilarious if their announcement was an escape game? Like, everyone gets in to 152F and then they lock the doors...

And you guys, i just want to say that you all have been doing such fantastic work with the teaser site. Only about a week ago we were speculating that this website had something to do with Anime Expo given the countdown, but now we've proven it :p

takoyaki

So what have we worked out? It's gonna probably be at the convention hall at this lat yeah? Sure bet?

Still the same as last weekend, but now we're sure: LA Convention Center confirmed, AX most likely, ZE3 not yet confirmed, patiently waiting for more news

gl_sv9fzsyh.gif

I'm very confident this is for Zero Escape Vol. 3 now, but I'm also wondering if the teaser site is not just for ZE3, but for multiple games/projects. In that case, every word on the site may not necessarily relate to ZE3.

PlatStrat

Neo Member
Yeah I'm kinda thinking this is bigger than just a ZE3 reveal (even though that is big in and of itself). My optimistic side says Punchline game, Ever17 port(s), and ZE3 but that's probably too much. We'll just have to wait for Anime Expo I guess.

grim-tales

I'm very confident this is for Zero Escape Vol. 3 now, but I'm also wondering if the teaser site is not just for ZE3, but for multiple games/projects. In that case, every word on the site may not necessarily relate to ZE3.

I'm thinking that too. I mean, it could be the Punchline game and ZE3, or something - and also theres the fact Aksys have quietly announced VNs that have no connection to 4infinity.

takoyaki

In a week or so (after 0101) does anyone think it will change to 0100 or 0004?

today it will change to 0101, next Friday to either 0004 or 0005. I would bet money on 0004 because it fits perfectly with AX and June has only 30 days. One week from today, we'll know for sure when the teaser will be over :)

grim-tales

Good things come to those who wait, I guess.
Interestingly, I noticed on RSG's Twitter page, on some tweets they have incorporated a 10 into their logo - an anniversary?
This year, it is Aksys' 10th Anniversary too,

takoyaki

Interestingly, I noticed on RSG's Twitter page, on some tweets they have incorporated a 10 into their logo - an anniversary?
This year, it is Aksys' 10th Anniversary too,

According to Wikipedia: Rising Star Games, Founded: 2004, Hitchin, United Kingdom

They celebrated their 10th anniversary in 2014 (e.g. here, and here)

Maybe the logo is still associated with games released last year and that's how it has found its way into some tweets from 2015? At least RSG know that you celebrate your 10th anniversary after 10 years, unlike a certain North American localization company :p

grim-tales

According to Wikipedia: Rising Star Games, Founded: 2004, Hitchin, United Kingdom

They celebrated their 10th anniversary in 2014 (e.g. here, and here)

Maybe the logo is still associated with games released last year and that's how it has found its way into some tweets from 2015? At least RSG know that you celebrate your 10th anniversary after 10 years, unlike a certain North American localization company :p

Thank you, I didnt realise that.
I noticed on the Vita, as well as VLR they have "VLR - Complete Collection" - whats that exactly?

Thank you, I didnt realise that.
I noticed on the Vita, as well as VLR they have "VLR - Complete Collection" - whats that exactly?
The EU version of the game and all of the PSN avatars they released for it. The avatars are literally the entire difference between the Complete Collection and the vanilla edition.

grim-tales

So close!
Its disappointing somewhat that we seem to be working out these clues so easily though. Makes me wonder if the reveal will be a more general AX type thing not JUST ZE3 (if it is)

1/216 already has a much more interesting theory attached other than a booth number. That's the clue that really solidified ZE3 in my mind.

These words are gonna have to relate to some games. Just the last two are the expo coordinates, but I think that's all we're gonna get as far as that goes. (Because it's pretty obvious the intention.)

So close!
Its disappointing somewhat that we seem to be working out these clues so easily though. Makes me wonder if the reveal will be a more general AX type thing not JUST ZE3 (if it is)

How easily the lat/long numbers were solved makes me think that we're not working them out easily enough. We still have no idea what any of the words refer to.

How easily the lat/long numbers were solved makes me think that we're not working them out easily enough. We still have no idea what any of the words refer to.

Maybe "gab" means something along the lines of "We'll have a little chat at AX" but I honestly have no idea how to incorporate any of the other words into that, and I doubt even the almighty Uchikoshi would be able to.

grim-tales

The theory of 1/216 being the odds of getting the same thing 3 times in a row (I assume thats what HL meant) is much more interesting.

Maybe "gab" means something along the lines of "We'll have a little chat at AX" but I honestly have no idea how to incorporate any of the other words into that, and I doubt even the almighty Uchikoshi would be able to.
"Gab" is capitalized unlike the other words.

Gab
Gabe
Gabe Newell
Steam

I dunno.

takoyaki

RSG did retweet this

screenshot0027-06-02a3oui7.png

and redditor Rockwolf125 had a new idea about 1/216

I'm thinking something will happen on June 29th. One of the elements appearing on the counter is 1/216. If you run that on a calculator you get: 0,004629629629629...

"3 zeroes" 4 "6-29"

redhood56

Banned
The panel is an hour long so they are probably going to save the announcement towards the end. And hopefully something does happen on the 29th, maybe a life countdown instead of months and weeks?

Swamped

Banned
I see this thread as more of a support group than anything else lol. A Support group that loves solving puzzles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom