• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

grim-tales

^ I think the first two 0s stand for months, the second pair of numbers for weeks (04) and the last pair of 0s for days. We should know 24 hours from now if this is correct.

Oh, thanks! :) Good point - I should have read it like 000400 where its like (months/weeks/days)

takoyaki

I think the source code confirms it:

Code:
 {"uji_plugin":"http:\/\/aksysgames.com\/4infinityco\/wp-content\/plugins","uji_style":"classic","ujic_id":"ujiCountdown1",[B]"expire":"2015\/07\/03[/B] [B]13:00","exp_days":"27"[/B],"Years":"Years","Year":"Year","Months":"Months","Month":"Month","Weeks":"Weeks","Week":"Week","Days":"Days","Day":"Day","Hours":"Hours","Hour":"Hour","Minutes":"Minutes","Minute":"Minute","Seconds":"Seconds","Second":"Second","ujic_txt_size":"150","ujic_thick":null,"ujic_col_dw":"#474747","ujic_col_up":"#7f7f7f","ujic_col_txt":"#ffffff","ujic_col_sw":"#000000","ujic_col_lab":"#000000","ujic_lab_sz":"25","ujic_txt":null,"ujic_ani":null,"ujic_url":"","ujic_goof":"Alike Angular","uji_center":" ujic-classic","ujic_d":"true","ujic_h":null,"ujic_m":null,"ujic_s":null,"ujic_y":null,"ujic_o":"true","ujic_w":"true","uji_time":"Jun 5, 2015 15:21:47+0000","uji_hide":"true","ujic_resp":"true","ujic_rtl":"","uji_utime":""};
var ujiCounts = ["1"]

I guess 'cut-here' theory where it cuts 'ring' vertically into 'phi' a bit invalid since with the new formatting, the word 'shotgun', 'ring' and '1/216' are under 'cut-here' now
and i guess for the last week, it will turn into hours, minutes, seconds countdown timer

redhood56

Banned
I think the source code confirms it:

Code:
 {"uji_plugin":"http://aksysgames.com/4infinityco/wp-content/plugins","uji_style":"classic","ujic_id":"ujiCountdown1",[B]"expire":"2015/07/03[/B] [B]13:00","exp_days":"27"[/B],"Years":"Years","Year":"Year","Months":"Months","Month":"Month","Weeks":"Weeks","Week":"Week","Days":"Days","Day":"Day","Hours":"Hours","Hour":"Hour","Minutes":"Minutes","Minute":"Minute","Seconds":"Seconds","Second":"Second","ujic_txt_size":"150","ujic_thick":null,"ujic_col_dw":"#474747","ujic_col_up":"#7f7f7f","ujic_col_txt":"#ffffff","ujic_col_sw":"#000000","ujic_col_lab":"#000000","ujic_lab_sz":"25","ujic_txt":null,"ujic_ani":null,"ujic_url":"","ujic_goof":"Alike Angular","uji_center":" ujic-classic","ujic_d":"true","ujic_h":null,"ujic_m":null,"ujic_s":null,"ujic_y":null,"ujic_o":"true","ujic_w":"true","uji_time":"Jun 5, 2015 15:21:47+0000","uji_hide":"true","ujic_resp":"true","ujic_rtl":"","uji_utime":""};
var ujiCounts = ["1"]
So it looks like they plan on updating it again with more detail to the counter. I'm on mobile so unless I can't see the minutes or seconds.

takoyaki

So it looks like they plan on updating it again with more detail to the counter. I'm on mobile so unless I can't see the minutes or seconds.

Just got home myself, there's only 3 pairs of numbers visible on desktop right now. I think you're right, the counter will get bigger (hours during the last week and minutes during the last day(s) or something like that)

FluxWaveZ

As someone who's been out of the loop for a while now, trying to follow up what's happened is as convoluted as a Zero Escape game.

takoyaki

As someone who's been out of the loop for a while now, trying to follow up what's happened is as convoluted as a Zero Escape game.

tbh all you really need to know are those words:

"expire":"2015/07/03 13:00","exp_days":"27"

27 days left, Anime Expo announcement during Aksys panel on 3rd July

edit: if you want to know the rest, just go through the OP. All the information is in there.

So, site is down to 000306, thus probably confirming the 00 months 03 weeks 06 days left until the announcement.
Getting hyped, gotta admit.
If everything goes as we want to, Aksys will be loved and remembered forever. If it's not, Aksys will be forever remembered as the evil organization that shattered our dreams.
There's no middle way here and I'm sure they know it!

GSR

Yeah, at this point the site code dynamically updates based off your system time. (And before anyone asks, setting your date to after the countdown just makes the numbers vanish altogether, nothing else.)

Yeah, at this point the site code dynamically updates based off your system time. (And before anyone asks, setting your date to after the countdown just makes the numbers vanish altogether, nothing else.)

They will probably br changing the domain for whatever they will be announcing, then- or they will put the media up right after the AX ends.

takoyaki

The site still says 000400 for me.

Same here. Like GSR said, it now looks at the internal clock of your system and changes the counter accordingly. You can try it for yourself, just change the clock in your system by one hour, two hours, .. and you'll know when the counter changes in your timezone.

this is what the counter will look like when it reaches the expiration time mentioned in the source code:

screenshot2015-07-04a61u48.png

edit: it's still possible they will add hours, maybe minutes. It's just not mentioned in the source code yet (thanks MrOverreaction on reddit)

CpxzUDn.png

Zareka

Jesus, I stop checking the site for a week or two and it ends up like this. I have no idea what's going on anymore.

I was done trying to work anything out ages ago, but I'll hang around for the build up to E3. Time to get hyped!

Jesus, I stop checking the site for a week or two and it ends up like this. I have no idea what's going on anymore.

I was done trying to work anything out ages ago, but I'll hang around for the build up to E3. Time to get hyped!
Save the hype for the Anime Expo. That's almost certainly where the announcement will be.

grim-tales

It says 000306 for me now too. I dont know exactly when it changed in my timezone though (I'm in the UK).

Three Zeroes
A 3
A 6 (
June?
)

HYYYYPE

takoyaki

That's what the OP is for, getting caught up on what happened if you've been strong enough to ignore the teaser for a while ;)

This weeks OP update is done now, it's probably the last big update I'll do since we're getting to the end. I'm also not quite sure on how to handle daily counter changes yet; I think I'll stick to weekly updates on what happened with the counter and only mention new words/numbers/tweets or if something out of the ordinary happened with the counter. Everyone ok with that, any objections?

grim-tales

Thanks for this :) Well, that sounds like whatever 4infinity is, its something different than Punchline, something new.

Zareka

Might be! Dunno how this thing's meant to work but a timezone difference seems like it could effect something.
That's what the OP is for, getting caught up on what happened if you've been strong enough to ignore the teaser for a while ;)
I took one look at that thing and my eyes glazed over. It's absolutely packed with info. I'll definitely read it, but that's a job for another day. Y'all been hard at work the past few months.

takoyaki

I took one look at that thing and my eyes glazed over. It's absolutely packed with info. I'll definitely read it, but that's a job for another day. Y'all been hard at work the past few months.

No worries, you don't have to read the whole thing; the "short recap" part should be enough if you want to know where we stand right now (I put it on top in the latest thread update). The rest is just us chronicling the teaser since some tweets/posts/etc. were deleted and you never know what piece of information might be important at a later point.

redhood56

Banned
It seems aksys is going to manually post the full site because the time the panel ends doesn't match up with how the countdown times have been. Maybe they are different but I'm on the east coast and it hasn't changed for me.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
So we expect it to say 000306 in about 3 hours time?

grim-tales

I just checked my clock and it says "UTC - Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London". I dont know what UTC is but I guess its another way of saying BST (British Summer Time) or Daylight Saving Time?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine...if this was all a ruse and ZE3 ends up revealed at E3.

I need this game like yesterday.

It's been going so long that I can't remember if this has been suggested before, but: What if this teaser is for their anime expo lineup in general? They're unlikely to have just one game there. Even if ZE3 is their biggest reveal, some of the words could relate to other games.

takoyaki

It's been going so long that I can't remember if this has been suggested before, but: What if this teaser is for their anime expo lineup in general? They're unlikely to have just one game there. Even if ZE3 is their biggest reveal, some of the words could relate to other games.

The idea has come up before (I think Funyarinpa brought it up), but we never got anywhere with it. Theoretically, the counter could be the only ZE related thing and the rest is either hinting at the venue or other games that will be revealed at their anniversary panel.

Care to elaborate what you think they mean?

My wife and I are kinda clueless on what to think about the site and the tweets at this point :p

Uchikoshi likes to use paradoxes/thought experiments in his games that already exist (e.g. Schrödinger's cat, Prisoners dilemma). Someone on twitter asked Uchikoshi about a so-called "Bootstrap Paradox" (which has to do with sending something back in time) and its relation to VLR. Uchikoshi then replied that he finds it fascinating but didn't include it in Punchline to not further confuse the audience and that it might play a role in his next work.

So what I got from those tweets was "he's working on something else that has to do with sending something back in time", but grim_tales might have found more in the tweets.

Bootstrap Paradox is kinda a bit tricky, since it involves something that closing a loop. Based on my understanding, let's say I build a time machine based on a blueprint, and ends up going to the past. In the past I somehow gave my past self that blueprint. The question is, who originally made that time machine blueprint?

Well the thing here is that the discussion is starting to veer towards spoiler territory so I would recommend we either stop discussing it under this thread or we start using spoiler tags.

I've seen the Bootstrap paradox two times in works of fiction, namely Lost and Escape from Monkey Island.
In Lost
Richard gives Locke a compass in the future and Locke travels back in time, giving it to past Richard. The compass is closed in the loop.
In Escape from Monkey Island (although used in a funny way)
In the swamp, Future You gives you some items and later you have to give them to Past You. You also have to give them back in the correct order, or you will cause a paradox.

grim-tales

Care to elaborate what you think they mean?

My wife and I are kinda clueless on what to think about the site and the tweets at this point :p

I think he could potentially be talking about something he could use in his next game (Bootstrap paradox), whether that is ZE3 or something else, thats basically what I meant :D
BSP is something like, if you try to send something from the future into the past, it will just become something you have to send from the past into the future so there will be a timeloop
Takoyaki explains it better :D

takoyaki

Well the thing here is that the discussion is starting to veer towards spoiler territory so I would recommend we either stop discussing it under this thread or we start using spoiler tags.

Personally, I wouldn't consider talking about the BSP a spoiler, especially before a game is even announced. But you're right, it could spoil the fun for someone who's casually been following this thread or who hasn't played 999/VLR, so let's go with spoiler tags from now on.

Since this is a community thread, we could also mention games/movies/books/graphic novels/tvshows/etc. that reminded you of Uchikoshi's work to pass the time until 3rd July. I'm not talking about "starting a bookclub" or anything time-intensive like that, just letting each other know about cool stuff that's out there. I think it's fair to say that most Gaffers in this thread have similar tastes in entertainment ;)

game/anime: Steins;Gate

movies: Primer, Looper, Timecrimes, Predestination, Fish Story, Fermat's Room, Time Lapse (not all of them are great, but I found them all interesting).

tvshow: Sense8

There are some stuff I remember, however they are a huge twist so I will be giving a hint beside each tag and if you do know where it is from open it. Any spoiler might contain any level of Zero Escape spoilers.

Constants and variables
Bioshock Infinite, much like 999, featured multiple worlds and time travel as a twist, and it still was amazingly effective.

Cuz It's A Game
Danganronpa (1 and 2) are especially reminiscent of VLR thanks to Monokuma. More than that, the themes of betrayal and mystery are there. It is more humorous and wacky, but IMHO it would have been even better had it not been this cheerful.

Little green pieces of paper (full series)
The end of Mostly Harmless hit me hard. I am glad that Arthur Dent got the fate he wanted but it was still a very sad spectacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom