• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ALucard in the next Castlevania title (3D, PS2 prolly) ?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Iga seems to say that they will take what they learned from Nanobreaker into their next Castlevania game...

919559_20040820_screen011.jpg

Sword based fighting (not only the sword, but also longer range attack which could be changed to... fit other purposes ;)...

Are they testing for the addition of Alucard (different from Leon's whip based main attacks) perhaps ?

epmode

yknow, i'm normally very open minded about 3d conversions of 2d games, but i'm beginning to think castlevania will never be done properly.

.......I have shamed myself. *looks down at ground*

Seriously though, I had "Circle of teh Moon" or whatever it was called and thought it was "okay". I have since sold my gameboy because I got pissed that there was yet ANOTHER version of the thing coming out and I didn't play it enough. But here I am thinking about getting a new one now. Christ. Fell right into stupid Nintendo's trap...

Aria of Sorrow blew me away(washed that nasty Harmony of Dissonance taste from my mouth). If they can pull out some of that and stick it into a 3d game called Nanobreaker it's going to be better than Lament.

BuddyC

Be warned Heliocentric, from what I saw Nanobreaker is balls-out action, definately not Aria of Sorrow-esque.

Aria was great apart from the whole getting all the souls thing. They made the enemy soul drops far too infrequent. I've put another 3 hours into my cleared game, with all the soul attracting stuff equipped and in that time I got a whole whopping 2 new souls.

BuddyC

Die Squirrel Die said:
Aria was great apart from the whole getting all the souls thing. They made the enemy soul drops far too infrequent. I've put another 3 hours into my cleared game, with all the soul attracting stuff equipped and in that time I got a whole whopping 2 new souls.
Man, you can tell it's a lonely Friday night at BuddyC's residence.

Aria of Sorrow's soul-dropping wasn't too bad once you worked it out, equipping the proper items to raise your luck and the such. I was dreading going back to get the good ending, since I had a few souls to collect - surprisingly, I gained them all in under 15 minutes with the respective luck-raisers equipped.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Early in the game, luck boosters help. Later on, once you can afford it, there's a very expensive ring you can get that makes getting the souls MUCH faster.

BuddyC

Die Squirrel Die said:
I might give it another try then. Or I might just start from the beginning again. Enjoy it all over.
The trick is finding the right rooms - ones that have lots of similar enemies near the entrance. That way if you don't snag a soul, you can just leave and come back to another horde.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Aria of Sorrow also had awesome music. G-d, everything about Harmony of Dissonance was ass compared to Aria.

Edit - Except for the HoD credits music, possibly.

And the ability to play as classic NES Simon in Time Attack.

Aria also had one of the few alternate characters in an Iga game to be fun to play as, since he actually got stronger as the game progressed, even if it had no story, like the typical alternate character setup lately.

I miss changing characters in midgame ala Castlvania 3 and Rondo of Blood.

Ranger X

I hope the next Casltevania will get something else than just great music and good fighting system.
Please Konami, make it with good level design!!!!

Top Bottom