• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD’s Zen 5 processors will arrive on July 31st.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Do the i5s also crash?
Im thinking of upgrading my 124 to a 136K as their prices seem to be dropping in anticipation of ArrowLake.
The word seems to be to stay away from the 13 and 14 series.

If you wanted to get a 13 or 14 series then I'd get like a 13700 and disable the E-cores completely. That seems to be the culprit.

E-cores as best I have seen have no impact on gaming.

Leonidas

AMD's Dogma: ARyzen (No Intel inside)
Do the i5s also crash?
Im thinking of upgrading my 124 to a 136K as their prices seem to be dropping in anticipation of ArrowLake.
Never had issues with my 13600K after 20 months, then again, it launched with reasonable voltages at stock and didn't chase crazy high clocks.

AMD will price their products in a way that reflects market demand. If they can continue to hold the $450 price because Intel's process advantage does not result in gaming performance leadership, they will do so.
They will still probably launch at $400-$450, but the market will force the prices down, just like we see with all the Zen4 CPUs (even Zen4 X3D has come down in price). 7950X3D can be had at only $465 today, a $235 discount, and only $15 more than the 8-Core 3D was at launch...

Last edited:

simpatico

Gold Member
Phew your post made me wonder if I was in my right mind because I'm thinking of buying an Intel CPU.
The i5 is the best product in the whole line up. Sometimes I wonder if the guys buying i5s have it figured out. Fat steaks and good cigars come easily with the money saved. Chicks think you're demure and mysterious when they find out you have one. You don't get sad when the next line of chips comes out and you no longer have the big daddy. It's kinda the way to go.

Top Bottom