• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

Man both these teams will be so fun to watch this season... even with over 60k attendance I doubt Orlando vs NYC can beat this for game of the week.

Just got back from the Unions Rapids cold ass draw. Rapids were shit, they did absolutely nothing after the first 5-10 minutes other than flop around, constantly grab players and waste time.

Union stayed organized defensively but had no real good ideas going forward and botched all the gifted chances Colorado gave them. Our new additions played well. Sapong was prob the best of the 3, he looked pretty dangerous at times but didnt get any support. Fernando hustled but looked rusty and Vittoria didnt get challenged much to show his quality. Wenger was ballin out there until the Rapids took him out of the game.

Union have to do better than a draw against a toothless squad like the Rapids put out there today, especially with 25 minutes of time up a man.

Cystm

Just got back from the Unions Rapids cold ass draw. Rapids were shit, they did absolutely nothing after the first 5-10 minutes other than flop around, constantly grab players and waste time.

Union stayed organized defensively but had no real good ideas going forward and botched all the gifted chances Colorado gave them. Our new additions played well. Sapong was prob the best of the 3, he looked pretty dangerous at times but didnt get any support. Fernando hustled but looked rusty and Vittoria didnt get challenged much to show his quality. Wenger was ballin out there until the Rapids took him out of the game.

Union have to do better than a draw against a toothless squad like the Rapids put out there today, especially with 25 minutes of time up a man.

Yeah, I felt bad for fans freezing there asses off just to watch the rapids kick and punch dudes.

Azuran

Banned
Altidore scores 2 in the pacific northwest to get TFC the win in their opening game.

Sounds familiar...
:p

Yeah, but unlike last time we didn't get dominated. I take that as a positive.

Now give us Portland next year to complete the hat trick :p

First 30 minutes were horrid. What the hell was our backline doing practically at the center of the field? After that it was all TFC the rest of the game. Giovinco is too good.

Yeah defensively and the midfield were the biggest pluses for me. Our attack definitely had problems and that was mostly because colorado decided to park the bus. They were content with a draw and played as such. Wenger looked real good from my seat. Definitely going to be exciting watching him. Fernando had some good balls but couldn't finish, though not for a lack of trying. Might've been a little rusty, he was in Venezuela earlier this week. Rais probably had one of the easiest games of his career.

I'll chalk it up to the cold and it being the first game. Pretty content overall with the team.

Yeah defensively and the midfield were the biggest pluses for me. Our attack definitely had problems and that was mostly because colorado decided to park the bus. They were content with a draw and played as such. Wenger looked real good from my seat. Definitely going to be exciting watching him. Fernando had some good balls but couldn't finish, though not for a lack of trying. Might've been a little rusty, he was in Venezuela earlier this week. Rais probably had one of the easiest games of his career.

I'll chalk it up to the cold and it being the first game. Pretty content overall with the team.

Hopefully Sapong bounces back from the concussion quickly. I think it was obvious today that Maidana needs to be on the field. If everyone is healthy id like to see Le Toux sit for Chaco. It looked like Fernando likes to run at the D, I hope that is the case and as he gets more comfortable he can complement Wenger as another guy who can create chances. The rest of the guys seem content on only taking what the D Is giving them which is what happened today.

Hopefully Sapong bounces back from the concussion quickly. I think it was obvious today that Maidana needs to be on the field. If everyone is healthy id like to see Le Toux sit for Chaco. It looked like Fernando likes to run at the D, I hope that is the case and as he gets more comfortable he can complement Wenger as another guy who can create chances. The rest of the guys seem content on only taking what the D Is giving them which is what happened today.

Yeah. I think a 4-2-3-1 with Fernando up top and Chaco in will be the better option but I do like the idea of a two striker set, but yeah we need Chaco in there.

I was kinda surprised Sapong started today. He might start more than I thought he would this year. At least Casey isn't starting anymore and can now fulfill his destiny as a super sub and to bash some skulls late in the game.

Dartastic

Chara isn't even in the 18. Fuck you Vancouver. Shitty ass hard tackles during the fucking preseason. Have fun with Kah costing you goals, like the two he cost you today.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thought I'd ask, but in the fantasy league, what does the captain designation do? Is it like double points or something?

First mls game
oiCu7f4.jpg

Cystm

Can you only sub out players that have not actually played? Are there a limited number of sub changes? Nguyen is the only player they're are giving me the option to sub.

E:
MANAGER SUBSTITUTIONS

Brand new to the 2013 FS:M game, "manager substitutions" allow you more flexibility to make alterations during a round. After all matches on a single day have finished and before the next matches start, you can do several things:

Replace any player who has not played, with one from your bench whose team is yet to play.
Change your Captain (if he did not play), with a player from your squad whose team is yet to play.

I subbed out all my sounders thinking I could put them in before matches today. Ugh. What a waste of a round.

Elchele

Can you only sub out players that have not actually played? Are there a limited number of sub changes? Nguyen is the only player they're are giving me the option to sub.

Yeah I only realized how fucked up the substitution system is... I quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom