• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

My team, going with a lot of new guys hoping some of them are undervalued...

AZI9tnG.png

I haven't made many changes because I don't want to overthink it... I did drop team namesake David Accam after his injury though.

Meier

I haven't made many changes because I don't want to overthink it... I did drop team namesake David Accam after his injury though.

I have a few guys who I realize will basically never play. Are some of your bench players just very cheap but new defenders? Rivero was my next option behind Agudelo.

I guess I should read about how the prices will change this year. I saw you mention not playing won't affect them.

Osorio

Coincidentally the only Metro I have in my squad is Sean Davis.

I wanted to go for Nagbe but he seems like he's a player known for doing "all the little things" rather than shit that gets you points on fantasy.

xbhaskarx

^ I think goalkeeper captains are kind of a waste. Your goalkeeper should already pretty much be a de facto captain of the defense... a field player is more in the middle of the action and usually in a better position to talk to the referee.

I guess I should read about how the prices will change this year. I saw you mention not playing won't affect them.

I honestly don't fully understand how it's all going to work out, I'm fully expecting to have to make major changes once it becomes more clear.

I wanted to go for Nagbe but he seems like he's a player known for doing "all the little things" rather than shit that gets you points on fantasy.

Nagbe and Fagundez are my "buy low" guys from last season... with the injury to Valeri I'm hoping Nagbe takes on a bigger role.

Osorio

As for predictions...

Chicago is getting a draw tonight

Columbus will get to MLS Cup

Red Bull will miss playoffs but get to US Open Cup Final only to lose to Seattle

NYC fans will discover how much of a sham their team's identity really is

Metro fans will realize how stupid they were for renewing their season tickets

Toronto will be fantastic

San Jose will be close to undefeated at home

DC sucks regardless of standings

Vancouver will win a trophy

Steven Gerrard will slip up LA's chances at Supporter's Shield

Judderman

drawer by drawer
As for predictions...

Chicago is getting a draw tonight

Columbus will get to MLS Cup

Red Bull will miss playoffs but get to US Open Cup Final only to lose to Seattle

NYC fans will discover how much of a sham their team's identity really is

Metro fans will realize how stupid they were for renewing their season tickets

Toronto will be fantastic

San Jose will be close to undefeated at home

DC sucks regardless of standings

Vancouver will win a trophy

Steven Gerrard will slip up LA's chances at Supporter's Shield

For some strange reason I agree with your USOC prediction. I have this feeling that we are going to have a successful USOC campaign. The other bolded predictions are also good, too.
I already felt stupid 2 months ago about renewing.

xbhaskarx

I don't think Busch will be starting or playing much, unless Sean Johnson is on the Gold Cup team this summer...

Edit: Will he? I see he's been selected by 13% so maybe those people know something.

Esch

Banned
I don't think Busch will be starting or playing much, unless Sean Johnson is on the Gold Cup team this summer...

Edit: Will he? I see he's been selected by 13% so maybe those people know something.

I have no idea lol, I could replace him with MacMath i guess?

Dartastic

Nagbe and Fagundez are my "buy low" guys from last season... with the injury to Valeri I'm hoping Nagbe takes on a bigger role.
Me too. After seeing the game last week with Nagbe in the #10 and Asprilla on the right, I REALLY want to see that formation in action for real. Hopefully this is Nagbe's year.

- Straus for SI: Bob Foose, Todd Dunivant reveal new details on 'best deal' for MLS CBA
The salary budget, which was $3.1 million last season (designated players over age 23 counted $387,500 against the budget), will increase roughly 20 percent in 2015 and then by seven percent annually through 2019, Dunivant said. There will still be three DP slots per club. The minimum salary for senior roster players, which was an embarrassing $48,500 in 2014, will increase to $60,000 this year and up to at least $70,000 by 2019. It’s still low by pro sports standards, but it will allow young players to focus on their craft rather than on how to make ends meet. Roster sizes will drop from 30 to 28, with a number of junior players who don’t count against the cap making a bit less than $60,000.

xbhaskarx

Who will start in Landon's spot? Zardes, Husidic, Jamieson among Galaxy candidates

Head coach Bruce Arena has tried out several youngsters – primarily second-year Homegrown Player Bradford Jamieson IV and first-round draft pick Ignacio Maganto – but if nobody has put their imprint on the slot, LA are ready to move forward with established options.

That means Gyasi Zardes, who played mostly on the left as a rookie in 2013 but last year enjoyed a breakout season up top, likely will be on the left when the Galaxy kick off the 2015 campaign Friday night against the Chicago Fire at StubHub Center (10pm ET, UniMás, English via SAP button).

But it could be Baggio Husidic, who has partnered Juninho in central midfield in three game appearances during preseason but made 12 starts at left midfielder last year and might be asked to play there again with the addition of Finnish central midfielder Mika Vayrynen to the roster.

I'm surprised LA didn't add another quality midfielder, not seeing how the group they have (even with Gerrard arriving in the summer) replaces Donovan and Sarvas' combined 13 goals and 30 assists.

I was hoping to stash Ignacio Maganto on my bench in case he broke out, but he's still not available in the fantasy game.

cafemomo

dammit my uverse log in wont work with univision for some reason. guess i need to go to my nieghbors house and watch. or shell out for MLS Live
JHKopzK.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom