• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pirlo. :O
close your mouth and show me a gif suka

Good to see my (former) boys Beardlo and Juvinco doing quite well already. Pls shower them with love murica. God knows how the latter fucking needs it after he was basically jeered outta Italia :looool

xbhaskarx

Glad Drogba is going to Montreal, it's about time the fans up there got a French-speaking star instead of just Italians and Argentinians...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's a real shame that NYCFC's defense is truly one of the worst I've ever seen because the rest of the team can really be something. :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
QUICK someone dive infront of the box

seal this Beardlo

b1461e7fb94b9a610939125c92aa0c57.gif

*holding back his tears*

xbhaskarx

This should make a nice local rivalry for the Sacramento Republic:
USL to Expand to Reno in 2016

A source inside the league, however, has confirmed that Reno will be joining Rio Grande Valley and Cincinnati as independent (non-MLS) franchises joining USL for the 2016 season.
These teams are reportedly paying a substantial $2,000,000 fee to gain entry into the league that continues to raise its profile in the American sports scene. Consider that teams established in 2013 and 2014 doled out a comparatively meager $500,000 to join USL PRO (as the league was known then).

With USL stepping up its game and its price tag, the league is attracting a crop of affluent investors. Herb Simon, real estate developer and owner of the NBA’s Indiana Pacers, is reportedly heading up the ownership of the new team in Reno. Simon, who is estimated by Forbes to have $2,800,000,000 in net worth, can certainly afford to roll the dice on a new USL soccer club in Reno.

Where does this leave cities like Las Vegas and Detroit? Our source indicates that Las Vegas will most likely enter USL in 2017. Detroit, it turns out, is another story. The ownership group in the Motor City may not meet USSF D2 standards, and it is no secret that USL has its eyes set on America’s second division.

The best count of teams currently slated to compete in USL in 2016 stands at 30, but there may still be one or two clubs to emerge. A league of 40+ teams may ready for competition sooner than was originally thought.

When the third division is expanding from 10 to 40+ over a few years, getting $2 million expansion fees, attracting multi-billionaire owners, and turning down a group in Detroit that doesn't meet D2 standards... I think it's safe to say soccer has made it.

Thanks for everything Klinsmann but we'll take it from here.

xbhaskarx

Jeff Crandall @jefecrandall
.@TaylorTwellman indicates there are more moves coming for #cf97 as a result of reported Drogba deal. Gave 24-48 hours.

It will be interesting to see who Chicago brings in instead of Drogba...

ZZMitch

Jeff Crandall @jefecrandall
.@TaylorTwellman indicates there are more moves coming for #cf97 as a result of reported Drogba deal. Gave 24-48 hours.

It will be interesting to see who Chicago brings in instead of Drogba...

I just saw a tweet about Gilberto to Chicago. Seems better than 37 Drogba lol

xbhaskarx

AndresCantorGOL
Justino Compeán, President of the Mexican Federation confirmed
that the game vs. @ussoccer will be played at the Rose Bowl.

The same stadium where the US lost to Mexico in the 2011 Gold Cup final in front of a 80% pro-Mexico crowd, and Bob Bradley was fired for not reaching the Confederations Cup... how fitting.

Top Bottom