• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Askani

I need a streamable high(low)lights for this match

Main highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGG52G7wRlw

Blessing's second (cheeky back heel deflection) goal not in the first highlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltHeq3Zbl9Y

Does the red rule Sinovic out for an MLS game?

Only carried over to the next Open Cup game(s) they would be eligible to play in. You can see the carryover list for the start of this years tournament in the hand book, page 16. The card carryover rule is on page 26: https://www.ussoccer.com/~/media/fi...up-handbook-finalists-edition-v4-05.pdf?la=en

Icolin

Banned
The roster for the MLS Homegrown Game has been released:

Goalkeepers: Jesse Gonzalez (FC Dallas), Evan Louro (New York Red Bulls)

Defenders: Marco Farfan (Portland Timbers), Kortne Ford (Colorado Rapids), Justen Glad (Real Salt Lake), Auston Trusty (Philadelphia Union)

Midfielders: Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls), Alphonso Davies (Vancouver Whitecaps FC), Derrick Etienne Jr. (New York Red Bulls), Derrick Jones (Philadelphia Union), Brooks Lennon (Real Salt Lake), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire), Paxton Pomykal (FC Dallas), Ballou Tabla (Montreal)

Forwards: Andrew Carleton (Atlanta United), Jesus Ferreira (FC Dallas), Jordan Hamilton (Toronto FC), Bradford Jamieson IV (LA Galaxy)

Notable absences for me are Nick Lima, Ian Harkes, Raheem Edwards, although the latter doesn't count as a homegrown apparently. Nice to see Davies, Hamilton, and Tabla on here though, and I think the roster is overall pretty damn good, although clearly lacking on the defensive side of things.

Askani

SportingKC.com said:
Sporting Kansas City defender Ike Opara was released from the University of Kansas Medical Center early this morning after suffering a concussion in Tuesday night's 3-0 extra-time win over FC Dallas in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup quarterfinals.

Opara has been diagnosed with a grade 3 concussion and will undergo concussion protocols in the coming days.

Link: https://www.sportingkc.com/post/201...ke-opara-released-hospital-grade-3-concussion

Someone Not Askani said:
But Askani! What does a Grade 3 concussion mean?! I need to know!

Well, fortunately for you I looked it up!

Grade I: no loss of consciousness; amnesia is absent or present for less than 30 minutes.

Grade II: loss of consciousness for less than five minutes or amnesia for between 30 minutes and 24 hours.

Grade IIIa: loss of consciousness for a few seconds or amnesia for more than 24 hours.

Grade IIIb: loss of consciousness for more than five minutes or amnesia for more than 24 hours.

Someone Not Askani said:
But Askani! How long is the recovery time for that?! I need to know!

Well fortunately I looked that up too!

IIIa first occurrence: 1 month. Multiple occurances: 6 months, with physician approval.
IIIb first occurrence: (unconscious for minutes) 6 months

Lunar FC

There is some interest. The 2015 thread got 3000+ posts. In general I think most people don't care about this year's cup since all the big teams sent weaker squads.

Didn't know there was a separate thread, just saw it now. It's an off year gold cup but I still enjoy watching the nats when the steaks aren't very high.

Dartastic

I mean, obviously I'm glad we got that win but... yeahhhhh..... that was a dumpster fire, and I'd be okay with never seeing most of those players suit up for the USMNT again. How the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck did we barely squeak that out?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I mean, obviously I'm glad we got that win but... yeahhhhh..... that was a dumpster fire, and I'd be okay with never seeing most of those players suit up for the USMNT again. How the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck did we barely squeak that out?

Yea, that match should have been a shooting gallery for the US. The midfield and attack needs a revamp for the knockout stages or we won't be getting very far.

Blue Lou

Short and sweet statement from CONCACAF:

CONCACAF Statement

CONCACAF has learned of the passing of former General Secretary Mr. Chuck Blazer. We extend our sympathies and condolences to his family and loved ones.

imBask

Banned
Not Cornballer, but Francis is alright. Decent cover until Oyongo gets back. Very poor as an offensive full back, but relatively reliable defensively.

hey anything will do a better job than our current "let's just line up 3 defenseman instead" solution :p

thanks!

Hey Cornballer, is Shaun Francis any good?
Mediocre player that many Quakes fans were happy to see the back of. Serviceable as a backup but I wouldn't want him as a starter. Left backs are hard to find, so hopefully the Quakes management has someone in mind.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Two away wins in New England in as many weeks? Never thought I'd see this.

That and we draw a semipro team in the next round? Dare I dream?

#USOC2017 semifinal sites:

- Sporting KC will host San Jose Earthquakes

- Winner of Miami FC-FC Cincinnati will host New York Red Bulls
Argh, I thought the Quakes had a good shot with a home game, but they'll have to put in a really good performance to beat SKC on the road.

EDIT:
Welp:
And finally, hosting priority for #USOC2017 Final!

1. @SportingKC
2. @NewYorkRedBulls
3. @TheMiamiFC or @fccincinnati
4. @SJEarthquakes

Icolin

Banned
DE0jYCUVoAA5JDY.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/LAGalaxy/status/886403621599891456

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why the f would you put your shitty players against Man U tho, even if it is a friendly?

Some guys are away for the Gold Cup, they want to rest others for the regular season. The last time RBNY was in the ICC we played RBII against pretty much everyone (including Premier League Champs Chelsea).

It's just not worth using your starters for games where the main draw is the other team, especially when you have important games that same week.

Top Bottom