• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

KingBroly

Banned
Palutena is coming back? Where? When? One of the few I missed.

Dunno, but a CPSIA was spotted for Palutena, Robin, Lucina, Ness, Gold Mario, Pit, Samus, Rosalina and Luma recently.

Still keeps Kirby, Dedede and MK as the rarest from the Smash line

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now bring back Robin, he's pretty much the last one along with Mii Fighters that I need.

Toon Link, I'll just get the 30th Ann. version & call it good.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
nothing is rare anymore

nothing is collectible

it's all common filth

better watch your back Dan

thHXSBW.gif

I personally don't mind amiibo not being rare. Toys to life shouldn't be.

It is what I wanted from the start. Didn't start buying these things because they are some rare collectable, just wanted them to own. Not having to deal with the hassle of standing in line and trading is great.

ZeroX03

Banned
There's been Palutenas available here for months. Been discounted plenty.

They put the Kirby line amiibo on sale so I finally snatched those up. Still hate Dedede's face.

It is what I wanted from the start. Didn't start buying these things because they are some rare collectable, just wanted them to own. Not having to deal with the hassle of standing in line and trading is great.

See this is something I've been pondering for a while and I think I've asked it to different amiibo communities a few times. I wonder...if amiibos weren't so "scarce" originally, I wonder if they would have caught on and had such success. I mean, they would have still been bought by players and collectors alike, but I think the "scarcity" of them originally catapulted them onto a lot of people's radar...good or bad.

I think we're still experiencing a bit of a lull now because the last handful of releases have been pretty...meh. Animal Crossing ones are cool but the games they're for aren't well received, the Splatoon ones were basically recolors and came in at the end of really any "importance" to the game, and the Kirby series ones..well Kirby is neat but I don't think the game sold incredibly well or anything. The Mario series might make a good entrance, but it probably wont be until the Zelda series ones drop that we'll see a huge pickup in activity. Of course Smash ones too.

KingBroly

Banned

Well, if Wii U wasn't a bomb, they'd likely have printed more from the get-go, and made them less valuable.

See this is something I've been pondering for a while and I think I've asked it to different amiibo communities a few times. I wonder...if amiibos weren't so "scarce" originally, I wonder if they would have caught on and had such success. I mean, they would have still been bought by players and collectors alike, but I think the "scarcity" of them originally catapulted them onto a lot of people's radar...good or bad.

I think we're still experiencing a bit of a lull now because the last handful of releases have been pretty...meh. Animal Crossing ones are cool but the games they're for aren't well received, the Splatoon ones were basically recolors and came in at the end of really any "importance" to the game, and the Kirby series ones..well Kirby is neat but I don't think the game sold incredibly well or anything. The Mario series might make a good entrance, but it probably wont be until the Zelda series ones drop that we'll see a huge pickup in activity. Of course Smash ones too.

I have no doubt that the scarcity drove more people to go wild over them then there would have been if you could have just gotten every amiibo easily. It's just not what I am into and was a hassle to deal with.

The new amiibo figures are up for preorder in game stop stores. Different stores have different allocations for each figure. For example, my store has 8 preorders for one figure but only 2 for a different figure.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The new amiibo figures are up for preorder in game stop stores. Different stores have different allocations for each figure. For example, my store has 8 preorders for one figure but only 2 for a different figure.

Wow finally!! I'll go tomorrow and make my orders.

I looked at the amiibo section at Target yesterday for the first time in a long time. They had tons of Animal Crossing ones and a few Mario-series ones and a few Splatoons. They had ONE Smash Bros. amiibo.

Lucario

Seemed totally random.

I looked at the amiibo section at Target yesterday for the first time in a long time. They had tons of Animal Crossing ones and a few Mario-series ones and a few Splatoons. They had ONE Smash Bros. amiibo.

Lucario

Seemed totally random.

Amusingly that's pretty typical for Target actually.

Sallokin

Picked up the Monster Hunter Stories amiibo today. They're reallllly nice. I wasn't aware you could switch the boy rider and girl rider out so that they can ride each other's dragons, so that was a nice surprise.

Top two images are of the girl and boy each riding the boy's Liolaeus

Rootbeer

Banned
I wasn't aware you could switch the boy rider and girl rider out so that they can ride each other's dragons, so that was a nice surprise.

W-w-whaaat!? How cool is that!

I have these on order from amiami... can't wait to get them.

The game BETTER come out in the West T__T

Mfw my bank wont let me pay for amiami MH amiibos

t-thanks.

I think i'll probably just wait and pray the game will come out over here. Or at least offered here under the Monster Hunters banner. I just dumped a bunch of money on some other stuff so I dont really need them all that much now.

Yarbskoo

Picked up the Monster Hunter Stories amiibo today. They're reallllly nice. I wasn't aware you could switch the boy rider and girl rider out so that they can ride each other's dragons, so that was a nice surprise.

Top two images are of the girl and boy each riding the boy's Liolaeus

Those look really nice. Amiibo have come a long way.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
even palutena shall be common filth

what has become of this once-great line of collectibles?

good for everyone who still needed her

kunonabi

Got my Lucina amiibo but I think she is defective. She's not standing up straight and is actually angled forward instead. The weird thing is she's fit in the molding just fine. How does everybody else's Lucina's look?

Can't believe there's still no news on the last three Smash characters. I want them!

Also, what's up with the Monster Hunter Amiibo? I see the OP says TBD, but I thought I saw some people have them in this thread. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Top Bottom