• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Jawmuncher

Can't believe there's still no news on the last three Smash characters. I want them!

Also, what's up with the Monster Hunter Amiibo? I see the OP says TBD, but I thought I saw some people have them in this thread. Maybe I'm mistaken.

At this point the last amiibo are surely being held for Switch.
I half expect a mini smash reunion of amiibos. We'll get the three DLC character's along with whoever is newly added. Since I am betting on smash being a launch title.

Draxal

Can't believe there's still no news on the last three Smash characters. I want them!

Also, what's up with the Monster Hunter Amiibo? I see the OP says TBD, but I thought I saw some people have them in this thread. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Wave 1 is out in Japan, no confirmed release data for America.

I have them along with 2 sets of the dioramas ... they're pretty great, since the 5 amiibos with monsters can exchange riders. They're the ones to putz around with changing riders all the time.

I really hope we get them over here. The MH ones are great looking. I skipped importing though because I figured we'll get them here eventually ;_;

Also, not sure if anyone saw it or got it today, but I got the TRU Big Toy Book today in the mail.

i5C5pjw.png

Palutena is a TRU exclusive now, and the image also features Gold Mario. Now, TRU is known to show off stuff they don't have as any longtime Skylanders fan will tell you, but I remember seeing Gold Mario appearing on Best Buy's website too recently. Is he going to be available everywhere now? Did I miss that memo?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Palutena is a TRU exclusive now, and the image also features Gold Mario. Now, TRU is known to show off stuff they don't have as any longtime Skylanders fan will tell you, but I remember seeing Gold Mario appearing on Best Buy's website too recently. Is he going to be available everywhere now? Did I miss that memo?

That seems to be the case, yeah.

Just waked into my local BBY to buy World of FF and wow they had tons of Lucina...Ness...Gold Mario...Samus...Megaman and Sonic I couldn't help but laugh. Lucina just sitting there....Amiibo world has changed lol.

Just waked into my local BBY to buy World of FF and wow they had tons of Lucina...Ness...Gold Mario...Samus...Megaman and Sonic I couldn't help but laugh. Lucina just sitting there....Amiibo world has changed lol.

Something about the Samus amiibo that I noticed at my bestbuy was that most of them still leaned, and the packaging looked like it had the original back, before it showed off the 3ds functionality.

RedBoot

Something about the Samus amiibo that I noticed at my bestbuy was that most of them still leaned, and the packaging looked like it had the original back, before it showed off the 3ds functionality.

I actually checked this when I was at BB a few days ago. Most of the Samuses looked fine, so I figured they fixed that. Maybe not?

The Lucinas, though. Bent swords everywhere. :(

Well a Wal-Mart I visited apparently had Rosalina and Waluigi at the store shelf, though I made no attempt to see if they broke release date. Didn't take a photo of Waluigi though.

Cv25PmxVIAAT0eP.jpg

Ninja Dom

Hi Amiibo-GAF, what's your opinion on the Silver and the Gold Mario Amiibo's. I'd love to get one of them. How much would you expect to pay for each (UK)? And where would you/I be able to get one from.

shandy706

All of the Nov. 4th Amiibo just shipped from Amazon for me.....

....for free!!!! LOL

Talk about sticking to the low price gaurantee.

Persona7

Banned
my friend said palutena was stocked well

similar to that villager reprint that toys r us had, that one had like 100+ on the shelves it was incredible

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Daisy, Waluigi, & Boo shipped from Amazon for me. Now I just hope Wario is actually easy to find this time. Would like the classic outfit to go along with the Smash/WarioWare version.

Oh damn! I totally forgot about the new batch until I got a shipping notice from Amazon. I ordered them way back on June 14th. I'm going to have to make room for seven more amiibo!

shandy706

Oh damn! I totally forgot about the new batch until I got a shipping notice from Amazon. I ordered them way back on June 14th. I'm going to have to make room for seven more amiibo!

See if you got any of them for $0.00!!

All 7 of mine shipped completely free. I just got nearly $100 in Amiibo for...nothing.

It's like an early Christmas

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
See if you got any of them for $0.00!!

All 7 of mine shipped completely free. I just got nearly $100 in Amiibo for...nothing.

It's like an early Christmas

I did, too. I got in right away and it must have been some price mistake glitch. Only got the Daisy, Waluigi, and Boo Amiibo.

Velcro Fly

Latest batch of amiibo on the way

Mario Party game itself is delayed until December.

I'm hopeful that they just combined the orders and didn't update the website since the delay thing is automatic if the item doesn't mark as shipped on release day. I had the same thing happen with Fire Emblem Fates earlier this year but it was only delayed by like a day. Best Buy shipping has been hit or miss. I normally get games on release but got Yokai Watch 2 on a Saturday but got Disney Magical World 2 and Corpse Party days ahead of release.

Either way my Waluigi amiibo is out for delivery right now!

G0523

The Boo amiibo is not available at any Target stores or their website. It is available from GameStop and Toys R Us though.

Got my Wario, Waluigi, and Daisy amiibo today though. So yay!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
AAAAAHHHHHHHHH

MY GAMESTOO HAD ROBIN WHEN I WENT TO GET WARIO

They also had some gold Marios but who cares THEY ACTUALLY HAD ROBIN WOOOOOOO

Zubz

Banned
I personally don't mind amiibo not being rare. Toys to life shouldn't be.

Agreed. I didn't buy these because I wanted to collect, I wanted to buy these to have useless, medium-quality plastic figures of some of my favorite video game characters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I am now at 70 damn Amiibo, 74 once the Zelda ones are released next month.

All that's left for Smash characters are the Mii Fighters &, despite cheating a bit & just saying the Zelda one will count, Toon Link.

kunonabi

Picked up my order at Best Buy today. This line is really freaking nice. They got Daisy just right and the DK figures are just excellent. Boo and Rosalina aren't bad buy they aren't quite as fantastic as the others. I'm totally getting Wario and Waluigi down the line.

My Best Buy had like a hundred Lucina figures it was ridiculous.

Finally got a look at King Dedede in person and he actually looks pretty good so I'll probably end up getting the Kirby line.

Fox Mulder

Picked up my order at Best Buy today. This line is really freaking nice. They got Daisy just right and the DK figures are just excellent. Boo and Rosalina aren't bad buy they aren't quite as fantastic as the others. I'm totally getting Wario and Waluigi down the line.

My Best Buy had like a hundred Lucina figures it was ridiculous.

Finally got a look at King Dedede in person and he actually looks pretty good so I'll probably end up getting the Kirby line.

Smash dedede is way better tho.

Got waluigi and boo, which is all GameStop had. No rush really with these and only want the new DK and Diddy.

Rootbeer

Banned
It's been a mighty fine month for amiibo

Got my imported Monster Hunter Stories amiibo a few days ago.

Today, got my Super Mario Series amiibo from amazon, all 7 of them.

Really love all of them! But I must say I am VERY FOND of the two monster riding amiibo from the Monster Hunter Stories series. Just beautifully done.

And you can remove the riders from the bases and swap them onto other Monsters as they get released! Such a great idea.

Was going to grab the Rosalina amiibo today, but forgot to bring the change was going to spend on it. Was thinking of also picking up Ryu, but forgot I was planning to go to the theater this weekend for Doctor Strange.

The Boo amiibo looks better than I thought, so I'll have to consider that on my amiibo wishlist.

ZeroX03

Banned
Shine your phone light at the Boo amiibo in the dark. It glows very bright, even if only for a short time. I dig it.

Gonna grab Waluigi and the Kongs at some point.

Chase17

I hope those Zelda amiibo go back up on Amazon before release (won't be able to go to any stores on release as I'll there are no outlets near my college)

Mario Line looks great. Was planning on skipping it though...must resist

Got them all yesterday from Amazon. They were sliding around in the box, but they were all fine. I open them anyway, so anything short of a crushed figure is fine by me. I thought it was funny that, for 7 amiibo, they threw ONE random piece of tissue paper in the box!

My quick ranking of them at first glance. Trying to be objective since I like some characters more than others:

1) Diddy Kong
2) Wario
3) Donkey Kong
4) Waluigi
5) Boo
6) Rosalina
7) Daisy

The Daisy one just looks weird to me and the Rosalina figure is a little boring. I like them all, though!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Man these look so good. Waluigi time is upon us! Also Diddy looks absolutely amazing.

I am now at 70 damn Amiibo, 74 once the Zelda ones are released next month.

All that's left for Smash characters are the Mii Fighters &, despite cheating a bit & just saying the Zelda one will count, Toon Link.

Zonic pls buy your darn Mii Fighters you've been saying it for months

Shine your phone light at the Boo amiibo in the dark. It glows very bright, even if only for a short time. I dig it.

Gonna grab Waluigi and the Kongs at some point.

Mz4oVxR.gif

Top Bottom