• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

I found them while searching for the Breath of the Wild Master edition. Honestly wish I wish that was up on bestbuy instead of the amiibo right now. ( ._.)

Anyone have prior experience in preordering amiibo from best buy? I'd like to get them on release date, and would like my packaging to be adequate. Amazon always seems to mess up my amiibo boxes during shipment so I'm trying to avoid them.

Not sure about arriving on release, but the few times I ordered I got messed up packaging for the amiibo. The figures are in a pretty sizable box laying down, but the cards were bent. Someone else may have a different experience tho. That's just mine.

Anyone have prior experience in preordering amiibo from best buy? I'd like to get them on release date, and would like my packaging to be adequate. Amazon always seems to mess up my amiibo boxes during shipment so I'm trying to avoid them.

I would say no to Best Buy. They randomly grab some off the shelf I think and at least at mine when I had one or two, they slap a giant ass sticker on it. When I got Falco they thankfully put it on the bubble and I was opening him anyways but..still....

Blues1990

When pre-ordering the Nintendo Switch and Breath of the Wild, I got the 8-Bit Link amiibo as a freebie. It looks pretty great, and it surprisingly has a bit of weight to it. I can't wait to use it in MK8D & BOTW.

I only order in store pickup from bestbuy. The one time I got an amiibo shipped from them it came in a bubble mailer.

PtM

Banned
Were they only up for a few seconds? I've been refreshing all weekend and they've always been currently unavailable.

And I find it really hard to believe that they went that fast on Amazon because they are all still available elsewhere.
Maybe Amazon is just really popular?

"Currently unavailable" means they have already been at some point.

PSFan

Maybe Amazon is just really popular?

"Currently unavailable" means they have already been at some point.

No it doesn't. The Switch page showed that same message before the presentation on Thursday night and changed when the preorders went up.

They were up for about 20 - 30 minutes or so before they become unavailable. Less for the guardian since he became available like 10 minutes after the others.

Rootbeer

Banned
They are still up at Best Buy. Make sure to use the $25 off $100 using VISA Checkout deal going on right now (search for the GAF thread on it.)

Surprised there isn't more talk about the price hike. Granted, it's Zelda amiibo so I'm buying them no questions asked, but if these are the standard prices for amiibo going forward it's gonna add up.

PSFan

They are still up at Best Buy. Make sure to use the $25 off $100 using VISA Checkout deal going on right now (search for the GAF thread on it.)

Surprised there isn't more talk about the price hike. Granted, it's Zelda amiibo so I'm buying them no questions asked, but if these are the standard prices for amiibo going forward it's gonna add up.

Were they $15.99 on Amazon too? They don't show the price when the currently unavailable message is on the page.

I love that Bokoblin one. I hope we see some more enemy figures going forward with amiibo.
At my walmart it looked like pretty much all the Animal Crossing amiibo were under $8, and online it looks like they're super cheap too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, real talk.

I did the math & to own all 5 BotW amiibo, it would cost $67.15 from Best Buy after the GCU discount (but before tax). I already have a Switch pre-ordered (at the moment, I'm probably going to pay about $85 out of pocket due to all the credit I have), along with the Master Edition pre-ordered on Amazon for $110 after tax & Prime discount.

I don't know if I want to spend another $70ish on the same day considering I also have to deal with paying my rent for the month. Should I wait & see if these go on sale eventually, or not take the chance considering these are Zelda amiibo & will most likely be sold quickly?

Jawmuncher

Alright, real talk.

I did the math & to own all 5 BotW amiibo, it would cost $67.15 from Best Buy after the GCU discount (but before tax). I already have a Switch pre-ordered (at the moment, I'm probably going to pay about $85 out of pocket due to all the credit I have), along with the Master Edition pre-ordered on Amazon for $110 after tax & Prime discount.

I don't know if I want to spend another $70ish on the same day considering I also have to deal with paying my rent for the month. Should I wait & see if these go on sale eventually, or not take the chance considering these are Zelda amiibo & will most likely be sold quickly?

I think you should wait. Just as a comparison. The current 25th anniversary zelda figures are easy to find.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If I wasn't already getting the Switch & the Master Edition of BotW, I probably would already have these pre-ordered, but the fact they added two more & they cost $16 each (Guardian is $20), I guess I'll just wait for BB to discount them in a few months.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, you could also take advantage of the $25 off $100 using VISA Checkout that's going on with BB right now...

buy all the things Zonic

a l l o f t h e m

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmmmmm, I GUESS I could get the amiibo, then throw in Puyo Puyo Tetris on Switch....but I think I would JUST be under $100 since it's $31.99.

....$67.15 + $31.99 = $99.14

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmmmmm, I GUESS I could get the amiibo, then throw in Puyo Puyo Tetris on Switch....but I think I would JUST be under $100 since it's $31.99.

....$67.15 + $31.99 = $99.14

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

WmnuDxf.gif

Just add in a cheap filler like a $5 gift card and you're golden! Got so many preorders in...mmm...

bigkrev

Alright, real talk.

Have any Amiibo released in 2016 or later been
-hard to find
-not discounted within 3 months of release?

You should wait. I'm assuming you just want to display them, so wait.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Have any Amiibo released in 2016 or later been
-hard to find
-not discounted within 3 months of release?

You should wait. I'm assuming you just want to display them, so wait.

the damn Splatoon three-pack repaints weren't discounted within three months

I saw they're $8 off ($27) at Best Buy tonight, though. First time I've ever seen them on sale in a retail store.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Preordered the horseback and archer Link and the Zelda Amiibos from Best Buy. Got e-mails today with release date of 3/3 so I guess they're coming same day as the game/Switch.

Decided to skip the Boblokin and Guardian. My Amiibo shelf is already full and I'll have to move some elsewhere to fit those 3 already, so decided to stick with main characters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
BoxBoy 3 needs to be confirmed for the US, look at the costumes you can unlock:

kirby_pc.png

If you use the BoxBoy amiibo on the game, it gives the game a greenish tint similar to the original Game Boy.

gameboy_pc.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Fire Emblem Warriors line of amiibo??

"We know we can get away with selling another version of Marth & especially Lucina!"

Actually, it'd just be neat to see the FE amiibo have another use outside of Codename Steam.

Edit: HAAAAAAAAAAAH, TWO PACK FOR FE ECHOES.

C2fEo2gUUAAmnu5.jpg:small

Jawmuncher

"We know we can get away with selling another version of Marth & especially Lucina!"

Actually, it'd just be neat to see the FE amiibo have another use outside of Codename Steam.

That guy looks whack as fuck

Hmm interesting, that big red Nintendo logo square is kind of weird. Kind of shocked they wouldn't just change the logo on the existing one to red like this though?

Bane

I'm at the point with Amiibo where so many series have all been quickly discounted that I want to wait, but at the same time I could see at some point soon a wave will come out and we'll find out Nintendo has cut production numbers and it'll be a bitch to get and rise in price as everyone scrambles to get it.

I just can't imagine the current way continuing on too much longer.

Shit. I missed it. Hopefully there's another batch or it goes up at GameStop soon.

It's not actually gone on sale yet.

Top Bottom