• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Bane

Man, are the New Leaf Welcome Amiibo cards already done? I only ever got three packs and it looks like everyone but target is sold out now, and they want $8 to ship two packs.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Man, are the New Leaf Welcome Amiibo cards already done? I only ever got three packs and it looks like everyone but target is sold out now, and they want $8 to ship two packs.

Geeze these are going to suck trying to get :/ I only ever saw one store get the new cards in. Q1 is killing me though, so I have no idea when I'll be able to get through all 5 sets to completion :/ I... wish they didn't even localize the last set. We didn't even get the best one, the Hello Kitty collab.

zulux21

I
I just can't imagine the current way continuing on too much longer.

well to be fair nintendo still haven't made some killer apps for amiibos.

like seriously, why don't we have a skylanders or disney infinity like game for nintendo amiibos yet?

or you know design the next mario party to play with all of the amiibos, each unlocking a new minigame for the game ect.

well to be fair nintendo still haven't made some killer apps for amiibos.

like seriously, why don't we have a skylanders or disney infinity like game for nintendo amiibos yet?

or you know design the next mario party to play with all of the amiibos, each unlocking a new minigame for the game ect.

A Lego Dimensions style game, with a single story intertwining numerous IPs as well as numerous explorable hub worlds and the novelty of dumping Nintendo characters into each other's universes is the dream game here. A more polished and fleshed out take on the concept of Subspace Emissary (seeing all of the Nintendo characters interact in a big epic story in novel pairings) in Brawl, where I could dump in any Nintendo character I want via their amiibo figure would be so fucking incredible, and for the life of me I don't know why Nintendo won't do it.

zulux21

A Lego Dimensions style game, with a single story intertwining numerous IPs as well as numerous explorable hub worlds and the novelty of dumping Nintendo characters into each other's universes is the dream game here. A more polished and fleshed out take on the concept of Subspace Emissary (seeing all of the Nintendo characters interact in a big epic story in novel pairings) in Brawl, where I could dump in any Nintendo character I want via their amiibo figure would be so fucking incredible, and for the life of me I don't know why Nintendo won't do it.

I mean I got it at launch, they need time to create such a game, but yeah I don't understand at all how there isn't a major game like that announced by now.

I mean I personally think amiibo are completely pointless.
that said I collect them because they are decent quality statues for the price.

but it would be nice to have a reason to open up the non zelda/FE ones lol.

I mean I got it at launch, they need time to create such a game, but yeah I don't understand at all how there isn't a major game like that announced by now.

I mean I personally think amiibo are completely pointless.
that said I collect them because they are decent quality statues for the price.

but it would be nice to have a reason to open up the non zelda/FE ones lol.

Back around when amiibo first launched I had assumed that Nintendo was waiting to build up an impressive library of figures, and then in a year or so they would announce such a game saying stuff like "and now with all the figures you already own you can explore familiar worlds with any character" etc.. Then when it didn't come two years later I assumed it had to be something they were saving for the Switch launch. Now I'm like... Is this really it, forever? Skin unlocks and minor features? Well, I guess they had that one free Mario vs DK game... lol.

How far in advance do Nintendo usually make Amiibos available for pre-order in the uk? Don't usually pre-order or buy on launch day but I would really like the Zelda ones. Have they been and gone or still not up? I'ts not thaaat long til release

Jawmuncher

How far in advance do Nintendo usually make Amiibos available for pre-order in the uk? Don't usually pre-order or buy on launch day but I would really like the Zelda ones. Have they been and gone or still not up? I'ts not thaaat long til release

It should be fine. Lately the amiibos have been kinda shit preorder wise. But come release they stay in stock. The Zelda anniversary ones are still on amazon.

I think it's the benefit of them scaling back on trying to do long ass lines like smash. So come release I'm sure the BoTW amiibos won't be a pain to get a hold of .

It should be fine. Lately the amiibos have been kinda shit preorder wise. But come release they stay in stock. The Zelda anniversary ones are still on amazon.

I think it's the benefit of them scaling back on trying to do long ass lines like smash. So come release I'm sure the BoTW amiibos won't be a pain to get a hold of .

Cool, cheers for the reply, I appreciate that :)

BotW amiibo won't be hard to come by I'm sure (depending on your location anyway), but those Fire Emblem ones have me worried. Zelda amiibo are much more likely to get immediate reprints than Fire Emblem ones. Just look at how long it was before the Fire Emblem crew got their reprints.

Jawmuncher

BotW amiibo won't be hard to come by I'm sure (depending on your location anyway), but those Fire Emblem ones have me worried. Zelda amiibo are much more likely to get immediate reprints than Fire Emblem ones. Just look at how long it was before the Fire Emblem crew got their reprints.

Yeah the fire emblem is the only one I'm worried about. But the series has been getting bigger and from what we know it'll be the only may amiibo release. So that should help.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Edit: HAAAAAAAAAAAH, TWO PACK FOR FE ECHOES.

C2fEo2gUUAAmnu5.jpg:small

I have a MIGHTY NEED

My nearby Toys R Us still has quite a few of them.

illusionary

Breath of the Wild amiibo are now up for pre-order on Nintendo's UK store. Pricey, though,at £12.99 each (£16.99 for the Guardian). Saying that, the recent 30th anniversary set seem now to be not overly abundant to order, so that's my order for these new ones in.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games/nintendo-switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild.list

Don't forget that if placing an order for >£50, you can use promotion code MARIOCALENDAR or KARTCALENDAR for a free calendar (a word of warning - their packaging for the calendar is ridiculous!)

Persona7

Banned

Nintendo hasn't been shipping much of anything lately to local stores and this seems to be an issue across the US. Who knows why.

Breath of the Wild amiibo are now up for pre-order on Nintendo's UK store. Pricey, though,at £12.99 each (£16.99 for the Guardian). Saying that, the recent 30th anniversary set seem now to be not overly abundant to order, so that's my order for these new ones in.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games/nintendo-switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild.list

Don't forget that if placing an order for >£50, you can use promotion code MARIOCALENDAR or KARTCALENDAR for a free calendar (a word of warning - their packaging for the calendar is ridiculous!)

I managed to grab them, can't wait!! :) wish I'd saw your post though, would have got myself a free calender!

zulux21

so the wiiu(donkey kong) and wii (bowser) skylanders superchargers just went live for $5 each on best buy ($4 if you have GCU)

those come with fully functioning alt amiibos if I am not mistaken.

zulux21

Links please? Having trouble finding them.

I don't think best buy has an ambassadors program so I think I can link them without getting in trouble (links taken from slickdeals)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/skyland...r-pack-nintendo-wii-u/8421017.p?skuId=8421017

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/skyland...ter-pack-nintendo-wii/8425013.p?skuId=8421017

(I did some extra searches to try to make sure no profit links were in them, if I somehow missed them let me know so I can remove them)

seems like the wii versions are sold out online already now though :/

Awesome, they are really cool, was disappointed Activision jumped to Crash as the new hotness instead of continuing with the Nintendo characters. The vehicles are quite nice too.

I don't think best buy has an ambassadors program so I think I can link them without getting in trouble (links taken from slickdeals)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/skyland...r-pack-nintendo-wii-u/8421017.p?skuId=8421017

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/skyland...ter-pack-nintendo-wii/8425013.p?skuId=8421017

(I did some extra searches to try to make sure no profit links were in them, if I somehow missed them let me know so I can remove them)

seems like the wii versions are sold out online already now though :/

Damn, that's incredible! I think I finally caved when they hit $39.99. I ended up buying the dark versions for almost full price ($99.99!!!) because they weren't going on sale and were getting harder to find. If I remember, though, I did have a $25 gift card to Gamestop, so that helped the sting a little. I also traded in as much as I could.

Tizoc

Decided to grab the regular Wario Amiibo.
Figured my Waluigi Amiibo on his own felt lonely, so I decided to get his Partner in Crime as well :)
Got it for $10 off Amazon with Prime.

Fire Emblem Warriors line of amiibo??

"We know we can get away with selling another version of Marth & especially Lucina!"

Actually, it'd just be neat to see the FE amiibo have another use outside of Codename Steam.

Edit: HAAAAAAAAAAAH, TWO PACK FOR FE ECHOES.

C2fEo2gUUAAmnu5.jpg:small

benblissrok53.gif

Never got the original Lucina amiibo so if they make a superior one.... might have to snatch that up as well.

The_Kid

I quit after series 2 of the Animal Crossing card amiibos but maybe I'll go for the Mario Sports series if its just one series.

Geez its so hard to buy them considering completing a set usually costs around 100 dollars before all the trading work goes into it.

Anyone else just not even bother?

RootCause

Amazon UK now have the Breath of the Wild amiibo up for pre-order. Same pricing as from Nintendo directly - £12.99 each, or £16.99 for the Guardian.

Link (Archer): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N33MZVV/
Link (Rider): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N10NNYD/
Zelda: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N4NS5OM/
Guardian: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MS76DKL/
Bokoblin: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N6QLRPU/
Excited for a second. Then I saw U.K. :(

Bane

I quit after series 2 of the Animal Crossing card amiibos but maybe I'll go for the Mario Sports series if its just one series.

Geez its so hard to buy them considering completing a set usually costs around 100 dollars before all the trading work goes into it.

Anyone else just not even bother?

I like collecting them but will admit I wasn't going ot be disappointed if they ended with the AC stuff. Four basic series was just too much, especially when they repeated characters. I don't know how you get 100 cards out of Mario Sports so I fear the same thing is about to happen. These should be 50 cards like the Welcome Amiibo set.

Vorg

Banned
Found a deal at a local store where they were clearing Amiibo for 5 euro a piece. Ended up getting Samus, zero suit Samus, little mac, Marth, villager and captain falcon for 30 euros.

Velcro Fly

come on best buy

be a good little retailer and put up the new fire emblem amiibo for preorder (with the proper release date before they sell out) so I can get game and amiibo in one order to make a special edition of sorts for myself.

also if Nintendo wants to restock the Zelda amiibo from December that I didn't get because I was too busy being sick the entire month, that would also be fine.

Zalman

The anniversary Zelda amiibo seem to be fairly uncommon, no? Been looking at both EU and US stores and they're not as readily available as other recent lines. I guess they're not shipping as many as they used to, which is probably a good thing for them.

PtM

Banned
The anniversary Zelda amiibo seem to be fairly uncommon, no? Been looking at both EU and US stores and they're not as readily available as other recent lines. I guess they're not shipping as many as they used to, which is probably a good thing for them.
Zelda has the most hardcore fandom. I expect market saturation in around a year. Right now it looks like they still sell pretty well, especially OoT Link!

Top Bottom