• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Man I see it constantly in stores and never knew that. Fuck. I have to buy it now
There's a badge on the cardboard that says it glows in the dark. It's so good.

134258b.jpg

871679a7-7116-42d0-9dfd-7dbee8eb8caa_zps1lyw8srl.jpg

LegendX48

oh man, F5 spam at best buy and got store pick up for all the new BOTW amiibo. I await an inevitable "Pre-Order Cancelled" e-mail but, if one never comes, huzzah!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Should I wait & see if BB has the Mario 3-pack & if it's cheaper than buying each one separately?

Edit: 3-pack is $35, so you'd be saving about $4 before GCU. $28 vs $31ish after the discount.

Damnit, I missed the champions! I probably could've gotten 2 or 3 of them if I hadn't been so set on getting all 4 at once. Now I've settled for ZERO! I also can't get the new Squid amiibo for some reason. Got everything else though (not counting Amazon and Gamestop exclusives).

Josh5890

I tried to pre-order the Zelda amiibos on gamestop.com but I can't get free shipping to pop up. The bill would be $93 for FOUR amiibos. I don't understand why each amiibo would cost $5.99 for shipping.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I tried to pre-order the Zelda amiibos on gamestop.com but I can't get free shipping to pop up. The bill would be $93 for FOUR amiibos. I don't understand why each amiibo would cost $5.99 for shipping.

Are they all different dates? I had issues with it recently. I suggest calling their corporate number (not reg CS...) to try and get ahold of someone to ask.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Miitopia demo that came out today lets you scan amiibo to unlock clothing based on the amiibo you scanned once you've beaten two stages & unlock the option to go to the Mii in Mario clothing on the map. Save data from the demo transfers to the main game, so you can go ahead & scan them in order to have them carry over when the full game is released.

You can use/unlock clothing based on:

- Mario
- Luigi
- Yoshi
- Toad
- Peach
- Bowser
- Daisy
- Rosalina
- DK
- Link
- Zelda
- Ganondorf
- Sheik
- Kirby
- Ness
- Samus
- Zero Suit Samus
- Inkling Boy
- Inkling Girl
- Callie
- Marie
- Squid
- K.K Slider
- Isabelle
- Tom Nook
- Resette

I'm surprised Wario isn't one you can use, but everyone else just gives you tickets to use on mini-games to earn items & gold.

Man, missed out on the champions and no way am I paying Gamestop $25 just to ship the damn things. Boo.

For one of the releases I was going to do Gamestop until the shipping fucked me over, so I went with Best Buy instead.

I tweeted at both companies to let GS know that they were lame, and Best Buy mocked GS with me and thanked me for using them instead.

DooD1234

Yeah, they were up for a bit today but got taken down.

Hopefully the "coming soon" as opposed to "sold out" indicates they'll be coming back, but we'll see.
I hope they be back too along with the Metroid one . Only managed to snag Chrom and Tiki. Going to wait a bit on the Mario ones since it very likely to be always in stock.

I noticed the BotW amiibo always seem to be out of stock since I never see them in stores. Has it been manageable to get them online? I hope getting the four champions won't be painful like the early days of amiibo.

One more question, has Female Corrin ever been up for order?

crimnos

I hope they be back too along with the Metroid one . Only managed to snag Chrom and Tiki. Going to wait a bit on the Mario ones since it very likely to be always in stock.

I noticed the BotW amiibo always seem to be out of stock since I never see them in stores. Has it been manageable to get them online? I hope getting the four champions won't be painful like the early days of amiibo.

One more question, has Female Corrin ever been up for order?

I managed to pre-order all of the BotW amiibo, but from what I understand it's been painful at times to get them, even online, so I'd jump on the champions as soon as you can.

And nah, the female Corrin is the other Amazon exclusive, look for that to be up on release day.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I think my Amiibo days are done (other than Cloud who I have preordered).

Some of the new ones are pretty nice, but I wasn't tempted to even try to preorder this time. Shelf is full, we plan to downsize with the next move so my enthusiasm for knickknack has waned. Love the ones I have though. Cloud will be my 35th.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Didn't think such a thread existed. Thanks Lik for the link. Anyone knows if the Zelda amiibos will be restocked?

I missed out on the pre orders for the BOTW amiibos that are coming out shortly and I missed out on the champions... I hope I can still get them some where. The zelda amiibos are the only ones I care about.

neojubei

I missed out on the pre orders for the BOTW amiibos that are coming out shortly and I missed out on the champions... I hope I can still get them some where. The zelda amiibos are the only ones I care about.

Same here. Hoping Gamestop and bestbuy have some in stores on the 23rd to buy.

how much money did we spend on amiibos? i'm afraid to tally up the total lol

I have a running spreadsheet I keep tallying the total I've spent since day 1, and including all the new Amiibo I'm at roughly $1500 spent. I have ALL of the released Amiibo so it averages out to around $8.50 per Amiibo (due to sales, clearance, GCU, rewards certificates). So around $375 a year. An expensive hobby but it could be worse.

Damn i got the zelda from amiami but I might grab another zelda for my friend who I know isnt up right now to grab her lol

I have a running spreadsheet I keep tallying the total I've spent since day 1, and including all the new Amiibo I'm at roughly $1500 spent. I have ALL of the released Amiibo so it averages out to around $8.50 per Amiibo (due to sales, clearance, GCU, rewards certificates). So around $375 a year. An expensive hobby but it could be worse.

I was keep track of all video games I was buying but I stopped that because it made me feel extremely guilty

neojubei

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Link (Archer) in stock at gamestop

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Link (Rider) amiibo in stock at gamestop

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

no I ded

Nintendo still hasn't put out box art for the Champions or Odyssey amiibo so I'll probably just use the figures for now. Of course, the second I post them, the box pics will go up, and I'll have to edit it again. I should be used to it by now. :p

KingBroly

Banned
The 3 Link amiibo come out next week, so I'll have to...
- Go to Gamestop to pick-up a pre-order
- Go to Best Buy to pick-up a pre-order
- Wait on Amazon to put up SS Link to buy

ChrisD

The 3 Link amiibo come out next week, so I'll have to...
- Go to Gamestop to pick-up a pre-order
- Go to Best Buy to pick-up a pre-order
- Wait on Amazon to put up SS Link to buy

This reminds me that I missed every single one. Only wanted MM Link, but missed it because I slept in by one hour. Just the day prior to that I woke up four hours early, so it was twice as annoying.

I need to lock in my Spla2n pre-orders. ...The Squid isn't seriously sold out at BB already, right? Just a glitch/never went up? This is their biggest Switch (Switch only, BotW don't count) title yet, I felt pretty safe about these stock levels. Plz don't make me a fool Nintendo

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still waiting to see if BB will get the Majora's Mask back at launch....& to put up the Odyssey 3-pack.

Jawmuncher

It still having trouble with GCU. Hasn't been added to my account. Contacted support. Now it's like half added to my account. The website shows I have it, but the discount isn't in my cart.

However it works fine in store. Just the weirdest shit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Koopa & Metroid 2-pack now in "coming soon" status. Damn it, I was waiting for the Odyssey 3-pack before making the pre-order so I could stay above the $35 minimum for free shipping.

Koopa & Metroid 2-pack now in "coming soon" status. Damn it, I was waiting for the Odyssey 3-pack before making the pre-order so I could stay above the $35 minimum for free shipping.
They were coming soon around 5am when I woke up, then changed to preorder status, and now are back to coming soon. You should be ok from the pattern it's been going through, here's to being hopefully optimistic! :)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Finally updated the OT! I'm still pretty tired from E3, so let me know if I made any mistakes. I fixed up a couple of series logos and had to make some custom stuff since Nintendo hasn't updated anything to the main site. The press kit images weren't properly transparent either, so I had to fumble with those and leave the Odyssey 3-pack with a placeholder image.

I also added a Region Exclusive section for stuff like Qbby and the MH Stories amiibo.

Pay no attention to the lack of box art for most of the new amiibo, those don't exist yet.
also don't look at the Metroid series logo I had to custom crop out in paint.net because it's a new render that I can't find anywhere else

Top Bottom