• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

It was weird, they announced some figures for it but they're not amiibo.

To which I say: what's the point? They would obviously sell better.

Yeah I'm actually really surprised they didn't make them amiibo. Ubi had teased waaaayyyy back when Rayman Legends was first teased that they were going to make NFC enabled toys for it (They showed the heart, and a Rabbids figure and then later teased a Kratos figure)

I was still kind of sad that Rumble was the only game to actually take advantage of the NFC features outside of the "amiibo" line so I was really shocked when they showed off the figures and they're like "nope, just regular figures"

Even the box art for them makes them look like they were originally meant to be amiibos.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
So with Splatoon 2 coming down the line I'm rather tempted to get the re-colored inklings along with Callie & Marie.

The re-colors seem to be fairly easy to come by but the Squid Sisters are more or less ghosts, it seems, justing by every retail page I've pulled up.

Guessing I'll have to import 'em.

Gamerdude99

Neo Member
Just FYI, there are some of the Zelda Amiibo's (Japan edition) new in box for order with $5 shipping on play-asia. I dont think shipping goes up if you buy more than one. They are $20 each.

I was tempted, but I think for me I am going to wait until I can get them new in box at retail US version, if they ever do a reprint. If they dont, I will just wait until the hype from BotW dies down and buy someones entire zelda collection, opened.

Its just way too hard not to obsess about having every one, in the perfect condition, and doing that now would cost a fortune!

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Freakin Koopa Troopa of all things sold out at Best Buy, dammit, wasn't expecting that. Should have jumped on that last week I guess. Agh.

Well, technically it's just listed as "Coming Soon" typically that means I can order it the night before launch like I did with the yellow joy cons, so I'll just have to wait it out.

Now that I have a Switch, this may be my new amiibo display.

C9pTeSC.jpg

spvYIaR.jpg

After turning my amiibo display case into a Zelda themed display ( http://i.imgur.com/Y4MY3Od.jpg?1 ) I didn't have a good spot to put all my amiibo at.

Now that I have a Switch I got an interesting idea. Back when I used my display case for amiibo, I printed out a 2D design of a Final Destination stage for all my Smash amiibo to sit on. I'm using that again, along with a Razer Firefly mousepad and came up with this.

The firefly only turns on when the Switch is docked. I might consider designing a Final Destination stage the same size at the Firefly later on... or maybe just remove the stage design. The Firefly can change colors or stay one color( I have it at just purple ). The mousepad is on top of a game case, to make it look like it's floating.

I may end up selling a couple amiibo as well to clear up some space. I hardly used most of these now.

Now Nintendo just needs to make Smash for Switch :/

So I was talking with a friend of mine and found out she's absolutely obsessed with Hello Kitty. She's a big fan of Animal Crossing too, so I was telling her about the Hello Kitty amiibo cards and...I'm kind of shocked that the prices seem to be like in the $40+ range for a pack? Wtf is going on with that?

Do they not make the Hello Kitty packs anymore/are they all sold out? And did they ever mention why we didn't get them in the US? I really wanted to get some but that's kind of insane for that price lol

Other than eBay, any recommendations on where to sell opened amiibos?

Depending on what you have, I have a few from the early smash series that I need to finish my entire collection.

I can show you my eBay or Reddit trade numbers to show I'm not a scammer or anything, haha.

So I was talking with a friend of mine and found out she's absolutely obsessed with Hello Kitty. She's a big fan of Animal Crossing too, so I was telling her about the Hello Kitty amiibo cards and...I'm kind of shocked that the prices seem to be like in the $40+ range for a pack? Wtf is going on with that?

Do they not make the Hello Kitty packs anymore/are they all sold out? And did they ever mention why we didn't get them in the US? I really wanted to get some but that's kind of insane for that price lol
From what I understand, given that I own them and from talking with GAME, is that they were actually a limited edition collaboration. I managed to import some in English from a nice German man through eBay for 20 bucks. Shortly after I bought mine I seen prices fluctuate drastically. I was actually going to get my sister some however they have skyrocketed in price yet again. Given the scarcity I'm not sure if they'll go down in price but the English cards seem to go for much more than the Japanese cards. I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that the Japanese packs are random 3 cards with a sticker/seal card included, and the European versions include every card per pack but no sticker/seal card.

Also they were never announced for America and at the point I'm guessing they won't be. Nintendo could still announce then during the fall to launch alongside the mobile game but I don't see why they would do that, nor so I see it happening. I haven't given up complete hope for them to come over though, but I don't see any "good opportunities" to announce them since the amiibo update has been out for so long now.

However, if you want, we can register friend codes and I can scan in the characters for you so you can get the items for your friend for their RV if you'd like. Except for Chelsea, because she lives in my town.

Awwww, thought cloud x Bayonetta was releasing on Friday
I'm going to be in New York on Saturday and would have scooped up everyone

Wonder if the link amiibos will sell out in New York 🤔

Jawmuncher

Between random amiibo pages going up and no more discount on them. There's no reason to bother with Amazon now.

Outside maybe if you missed on some preorders

It was on release day in the late morning/early afternoon I think
Gotcha, knew it was release day, just not sure of timeframe. I ordered mine from best buy because I got tired of waiting. Here's hoping we're all able to get Link on Friday.

In other news I just purchased a Cuby amiibo off Amazon. Over MSRP, but not by much. 18 bucks to a seller who has no reviews lol. Here's hoping their version of new means sealed in a box, and it's legit. I've never seen it for lower than 40 bucks so I felt the risk at 18 was worth it.

Gotcha, knew it was release day, just not sure of timeframe. I ordered mine from best buy because I got tired of waiting. Here's hoping we're all able to get Link on Friday.

In other news I just purchased a Cuby amiibo off Amazon. Over MSRP, but not by much. 18 bucks to a seller who has no reviews lol. Here's hoping their version of new means sealed in a box, and it's legit. I've never seen it for lower than 40 bucks so I felt the risk at 18 was worth it.

I'm sorry for your loss, but there's a ton of people on there with fake brand new accounts selling amiibos. You might be out that 18.

LiK

I'm sorry for your loss, but there's a ton of people on there with fake brand new accounts selling amiibos. You might be out that 18.

Thankfully, Amazon does a good job refunding scams from resellers. If he does get scammed, he should be good for a refund.

Thankfully, Amazon does a good job refunding scams from resellers. If she does get scammed, she should be good for a refund.
Yeah, I mean, it's a risk I was willing to take but I collect figurines and someone sold me a counterfeit product before and Amazon handled it well so I'm not entirely too worried.

Recently I ordered a game from Amazon, sold by Amazon, and someone tore open my game and stole the cartridge straight out the package and still boxed it up to send to me. I let Amazon know the issue and they were happy to assist. But then again who know, maybe I'll get lucky and I'll get the real thing.

I'm unsure as to how to make sure it's legit, besides the outward appearance of course.

Yeah, I mean, it's a risk I was willing to take but I collect figurines and someone sold me a counterfeit product before and Amazon handled it well so I'm not entirely too worried.

Recently I ordered a game from Amazon, sold by Amazon, and someone tore open my game and stole the cartridge straight out the package and still boxed it up to send to me. I let Amazon know the issue and they were happy to assist. But then again who know, maybe I'll get lucky and I'll get the real thing.

I'm unsure as to how to make sure it's legit, besides the outward appearance of course.

I genuinely hope you get it! I saw a couple early Smash figures I wanted, but as soon as I saw the price and the seller rep I decided it wasn't worth it. I might have screwed myself over, haha.

And I think other than outward appearance, just trying to use it on a game would be the only way to test.

I genuinely hope you get it! I saw a couple early Smash figures I wanted, but as soon as I saw the price and the seller rep I decided it wasn't worth it. I might have screwed myself over, haha.

And I think other than outward appearance, just trying to use it on a game would be the only way to test.
Yeah, we'll see. Hasn't been mailed out yet but Amazon arrival time estimates June 27th to July 5th, and it's coming from California so hopefully it doesn't take too long since I'll be out of state on the 30th to go to the Nintendo summer of play tour in Milwaukee lol.

Glad I looked at this thread since I thought SS Link was coming on July 21st with the other amiibos. o_O

My plan to get it and F Corrin with free shipping on amazon is now ruined! Too bad amazon doesn't have any amiibo instock that I want. Of all the Amiibo that died I never imagined BOTW Archer link & Zelda would be some of them.

I guess I'll wait for F Corrin since I can't spend much on amiibo...if it stays in stock...and if I'm awake. Maybe I should just accept SS Link if I get the chance. No other amiibo are launching Friday on amazon right? BOTW dead, Shovel Knight dead, Boo dead, Jigglypuff dead, so many more dead. But no, only the ones I have/don't want are available. RIP in piece free shipping. Maybe I can find a book.

Wanted TP Link more anywayz but didn't have money for GS preorder and only have amazon credit atm.

Trying to get Corrin with another amiibo that comes out on the same day is a horrible idea anywayz due to it being sold out before I get the chance. By the time I add Inkling Girl 2 to cart its already gone.

Ok now I'm just rambling and making myself look crazy. Oh well.

I need to save my money for video games anywayz. Only reason I even considered getting Amiibo is because I'm fairly set this year with just Splatoon 2 so I figured I could buy a couple more.

RootCause

My MM is still processing, but I'm expecting it to fall through. Just like my FE Echoes amiibo. Unfortunately, MM is exclusive. Hoping I can snatch one at the store.

Edit Well, mine shipped. :D
Though I don't have a clue why some things get cancelled, and others don't. But I won't complain.

Well, can't alter my Twilight Princess Link order so hopefully it ships soon. My Majora's Mask Link still says preparing...hoping it ships soon too. Now all that's left is to tackle down Amazon and hopefully get Skyward Sword (the one I want the most). I was unable to get Palutena, among a few other amiibo from Amazon before, so here's hoping I'll be able to pull this off.

Top Bottom