• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An idea how Nintendo could boost some GC sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaC

What am I looking forward to in 2005 for GC? The new Zelda.
What am I dying to see more media of? The new Zelda.
How does Nintendo boost sales of the Gamecube?

Imo Nintendo should have bundled a demo of the new Zelda as a bonus disc when you buy Metroid Prime 2. Or they should make a new Gamecube bundle with a new game and the Zelda demo. Well it's too late now for MP2, but if they are smart, they should make a Zelda demo in the near future. Maybe something like this is in the works? Who knows.

Zelda is one of those Nintendo franchises that still have selling power, and especially the looks of the new one.

Insertia

All the mistakes made over the past four years ago are coming back to kick Gamecube in the ass right now. Nintendo should just focus on Revolution. :)

ge-man

The GC's problems run too deep for any kind of bundle or price cut to have an effect. Couple that with MS's momentum, the GC is finished in the US. It's a sad state of affairs.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Well its pretty clear now that the MP bundle isn't doing anything to boost sales so its time to change tactics.

They should bundle the GC & GBASP and sell it for $149, $129, or heck....$99. Oh, and advertise the hell out of said bundle.

It might hurt the DS but GC is far more important to Nintendo at this point IMO.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Insertia said:
All the mistakes made over the past four years ago are coming back to kick Nintendo 64 in the ass right now. Nintendo should just focus on Game Cube. :)

^^^^^^

See the problem with that statement?

Nintendo needs to get more third parties back into the fold; launch the next system with exclusives from the big boys like EA, Rockstar, Square Enix, etc.

But that's never going to happen.

king zell

I think Nintendo should just think about reveloution now

try to make some cool design and give it a cool name too

hype hype and hype

get some western games

get exclusives

show the power of machine and super graphics

thats it

get real

(I hate what I said)

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
king zell said:
I think Nintendo should just think about reveloution now

No. Nintendo needs to finish this gen as strong as they can. Cutting their losses will only alienate more people and exaccerbate the situation.

Acosta

Nintendo wants a change of image, that is what I get for european PRs, they are preparing a campaign at different levels to be seen as more mainstram entertainment.

As is pretty difficult now, the best they can do with GC is make sure it is the beginning of this change of image. Good and aggressive marketing campaign about the more visually appealing games could do it.

GC addressed lot of the problems it had N64, now Nintendo should solve the problems of GC even before that Revolution.

well for europe fucking advertise. Donkey Konga is the first ad I can actually remember for months, why hasn't pikmin2 got coverage?

SantaC

if anything, the next Zelda will sell very well. Zelda Wind Waker has sold over 3 million world wide, and that was back in March.

Put games REAL PEOPLE -- not Japanophilic Nintendweebs obsessed with kooky niche games and "innovation" -- want to play on it.

WAIT WHAT WHAT WACKY BONGOS PLAYED TO 'POPULAR' NINTENDO GAME TUNES AND SHITTY POP SONGS DOESN'T SELL?!?!?!?!?!?!

CRISIS IN GAMING OMG OMG WTF

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Drinky Crow said:
Put games REAL PEOPLE -- not Japanophilic Nintendweebs obsessed with kooky niche games and "innovation" -- want to play on it.

WAIT WHAT WHAT WACKY BONGOS PLAYED TO 'POPULAR' NINTENDO GAME TUNES AND SHITTY POP SONGS DOESN'T SELL?!?!?!?!?!?!

agreed.. they should put yet another western FPS on it.. because that's what we need more of........ :\

ooh.. how about another racing game too.

Notorious

Drinky Crow said:

worshippy.gif

SantaC

Drinky Crow said:

Will I be banned if I talk like that?

Because FPS games are illegal!

You know what doesn't sell well? POOP IN A BAG. You know what ELSE doesn't sell well? THE GAMECUBE. Draw your own conclusions, smart guy!

Wait, wasn't this thread about SELLING GC? Maybe they could put some child pr0n on it -- would you like that?

Maybe they should try marketing the Gamecube to farmers, then!

"GAMECUBE NINTENDO: LESS POPULAR THAN MANURE" -- email Reggie now!

OMG OMG TEH INNOVATION

SantaC

Drinky Crow said:
Maybe they should try marketing the Gamecube to farmers, then!

OMG OMG TEH INNOVATION

if anything my idea of a Zelda demo would be pretty smart. Maybe I am TeH_oNlY ONE thinking that?!=!!

X_x

borghe

Drinky Crow said:
Because FPS games are illegal!

You know what doesn't sell well? POOP IN A BAG. You know what ELSE doesn't sell well? THE GAMECUBE. Draw your own conclusions, smart guy!

Wait, wasn't this thread about SELLING GC? Maybe they could put some child pr0n on it -- would you like that?
lol..

sells 2-3 million systems a year.

makes nintendo lots of money.

but drinky cow says it doesn't sell well.. conclusion: drinky cow is a nintendo executive..

I guess drinky cow is the reason it is sucking

some real live business analysts in here... go sell your bags of poop somewhere else.

Nintendo sucks because it wont leave the same marketing crap its been stagnating on for YEARS.

The Gameboy is an exception because the portability makes allowance for the HUGE amount of re-releases that Nintendo is fucking known for. Plus there's the gulibility of its fans.

OMG 30 NEW STARS IN MARIO 64 ON DS! I bet you a dollar there's just one level that has 29 extra stars sitting next to the original one. People would still buy it tho.

HEY MARIO IS IN IT WTF REALISTIC TENNIS BASKETBALL GOCART JESUS! Buy it up, every damned time.

Nintendo is failing cause you guys wont TELL them they have issues. You gotta teach Nintendo like a dog that keeps pissing in the same spot.

SantaC

MrAngryFace said:
Nintendo sucks because it wont leave the same marketing crap its been stagnating on for YEARS.

The Gameboy is an exception because the portability makes allowance for the HUGE amount of re-releases that Nintendo is fucking known for. Plus there's the gulibility of its fans.

OMG 30 NEW STARS IN MARIO 64 ON DS! I bet you a dollar there's just one level that has 29 extra stars sitting next to the original one. People would still buy it tho.

HEY MARIO IS IN IT WTF REALISTIC TENNIS BASKETBALL GOCART JESUS! Buy it up, every damned time.

Nintendo is failing cause you guys wont TELL them they have issues. You gotta teach Nintendo like a dog that keeps pissing in the same spot.

The "party" games that Mario is invloved in are actually good. I could see your compliant if they sucked, but Nintendo is not EA.

AeroGod

MrAngryFace said:

:lol:lol:lol I love it.

BRING ON THE PHOTOSHOP

Nintendo needs new "epic" IPs, stat. Where are the *new* Mario/Zelda/Metroid style IPs for this new generation? Pikmin lacks any real epic qualities.

Cut the quirk, Nintendo, and give us some serious MASSIVE action/adventure titles starring new IP. You can work in a little innovation in the process.

borghe

yup, pikmin, donkey konga, metroid prime, animal crossing, eternal darkness, just the same old shit......

it called licensing.. the same way you see crash, croft, madden, pacman, mickey mouse, bugs bunny, etc in every single game in existence. using licensed characters isn't a bad thing if the games are good, and while they have had some that wern't amazing this gen, they also had some that were amazing and in some cases took gaming in a new direction.

Bristow

Banned
Possible suggestions to Nintendo:

1) Redesign all the classic characters. Make Mario a complete badass with a sleek ninja inspired or space marine armor suit and the ability to dual wield anything in any situation. All of the female characters need huge breasts and skin tight clothing.

2) Ditch anything animal related. Nobody wants to see a talking animal. That automatically makes the game 'kiddy' and isn't badass. Remember, being badass is key to sales.

3) Move the Zelda franchise in a new direction. Beef up Links image with badass armor and a badass smirk on his face. LOTR is extremely popular right now, so use that for inspiration in your design. Include lots of sweeping shots of armies charging on a battlefield even if it is uncharacteristic of the series. Balrog inspired monsters are also a plus. Nothing is more appealing than a badass elf kicking all kinds of ass with a bow right now. Use that to your advantage.

4) Include online support with the Revolution. Make sure there is headset support as well. People won't be interested in playing online if they can't tell you how much of a fag you are over and over while they beat you in Super Mario Warrior.

SantaC

Bristow said:
Possible suggestions to Nintendo:

1) Redesign all the classic characters. Make Mario a complete badass with a sleek ninja inspired or space marine armor suit and the ability to dual wield anything in any situation. All of the female characters need huge breasts and skin tight clothing.

You're sarcastic right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom