• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Analyst believes Nintendo can succeed in Palworld lawsuit

Lol this is ridiculous. Pokémon is not unique at all. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEYrZuzXUAAjpkB?format=jpg&name=large

I hope a judge sees it for what it is: A Baseless SLAPP lawsuit that has no merit and is intended to get rid of a competitor. All of the time and money spent on this ridiculious lawsuit is better time actually making a good pokemon game.

Palworld has gotten Nintendo scared. Have you notice there has been radio silence on the Legends AZ? Coincidence? I think not. This is the only tactic Nintendo has left cause there is no way anyone would play a new Pokemon game over Palworld.

Last edited:

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Show Me The Money GIF

Robb

Gold Member
Sure. If Nintendo waited this long to sue I imagine they’re confident that they have a pretty airtight case.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I have no sympathy towards Palworld devs, they themselves chose to blatantly copy their design instead put the time to design their own creature.

While making the game didn’t ever thought maybe Nintendo might go after them?

diffusionx

Gold Member

Lol this is ridiculous. Pokémon is not unique at all. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEYrZuzXUAAjpkB?format=jpg&name=large

I hope a judge sees it for what it is: A Baseless SLAPP lawsuit that has no merit and is intended to get rid of a competitor. All of the time and money spent on this ridiculious lawsuit is better time actually making a good pokemon game.

Palworld has gotten Nintendo scared. Have you notice there has been radio silence on the Legends AZ? Coincidence? I think not. This is the only tactic Nintendo has left cause there is no way anyone would play a new Pokemon game over Palworld.
It's not Nintendo's job to sue themselves for supposedly ripping off DQ.

That is the DQ peoples' job.

StueyDuck

nintendo wouldn't get litigious if it didn't feel it had a case. Those Nintendo ninjas have been at this for years they are not amateurs at wrecking people.

jakinov

you misunderstood what they are suing over. Its not a copyright lawsuit the designs of the character mean nothing.

Companies can patent solutions to “problems”. Nintendo patented some of these solutions and Nintendo believes that the other company infringe on those patents.

MrA

patent suit, not copyright, and

Petition to remove patent laws on game mechanics. - Sign the Petition!
it is a lawsuit in Japan, not US or EU, game mechanics/ software functions are hard if not impossible to patent in the West

raduque

you misunderstood what they are suing over. Its not a copyright lawsuit the designs of the character mean nothing.

Companies can patent solutions to “problems”. Nintendo patented some of these solutions and Nintendo believes that the other company infringe on those patents.
Yep. Big N patented the mechanics of Pokemon games (a player character throwing a device at a field character with the intent to capture the character, and then using that character to fight). But they patented it after Palworld came out.

This is Nintendo patent trolling, and they'll likely succeed because they have more money.

Fabieter

The lawsuit is stupid but don't get redcioulous here.

Chukhopops

I think Nintendo can win but friendly reminder that Serkan Toto is 100% full of shit, always making the safest possible bet and still being wrong:

- said there was « absolutely no doubt » Switch Pro was coming in 2020;
- said there would be a Zelda remake in 2023;
- said Sony was considering buying FROM or Kadokawa in 2022
- announced Switch 2 as coming 2024.

Literally been correct once in his entire history as an insider.

Zannegan

The lawsuit is stupid but don't get redcioulous here.
This. I love the fact that Palworld even came out, and that it found unexpected success is great, but let's not pretend that it's going to have a noticeable impact on the sames of the next Pokemon (unfortunately).

I'd love for the series (hell, any Pokeclone series) to grow popular enough to make Nintendo/Gamefreak sweat. They need to be hungry to be better.

sudolicious

Just to point it out: The article is complete and utter total boring bullshit. It's something they've "written" to drive engagement.

Why anyone would create a thread over this, let alone share this, is beyond me, unless they either are affiliated or their brain simply has rotten too far. It's 100% speculation with 0% of even traces of facts, new findings or anything worthwhile reporting. Basically this has the same value as any random tweet or reddit comment.

daxgame

jack-nicholson-laugh.gif

my friend, your comment is "Square shot themselves in the foot" level of meme.

Top Bottom