• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Kinggroin

w8F2Rwu.jpg

In loving memory of tino. You are missed.

Damn you spent more time on this OT than google did on lollipop.

Not sure if this was posted in the old thread but LG G4 news, Q2 release, 810 issues fixed, possible new design:

In addition, the source mentions an improved camera with "strong visual experience" will be in store for the G4, again making us remember that 20 MP "advanced OIS" unit that LG flaunted recently. As for the rest of the specs, we can reasonably expect a Quad HD display again, perhaps of the same 5.5" diagonal as the G3, and a Snapdragon 810 processor. Pretty good, but that eventual new design is what will be keeping us at night from now on, as this might be the year when plastic could be gone for good from flagship smartphones for a change.

Ah yes, that new thread smell.

Shoulda been |OT5| Meh

Edit: Maybe it's the font MS uses or something else, but I think the Outlook app is ugly.

SimleuqiR

I guess the OP is tailored for the members of the gaming side?

Last Sonic game I played was on the Dreamcast.

Damn, I miss Andrex. Android OTs are becoming as bad as TouchWiz.

Husker86

Reposting from old thread:

For people who use Google Voice for their voicemail (but still use their carrier's phone number):

Somewhat recently I have noticed that if I ignore a call coming in to my cell phone, it will be forwarded to my Google Voice number, but instead of going straight to voicemail, my Google Voice number will ring first. I am pretty sure that the voicemail forwarding used to forward straight to Google Voice voicemail, without ringing for that number first.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Not sure if this was posted but regarding this:

We exclusively reported that Samsung is developing the Galaxy S6 from scratch (both hardware and software) as a part of its Project Zero initiative. Now, a report from Business Korea has reaffirmed that Samsung is indeed working hard on optimizing the software on the Galaxy S6. According to the report, Samsung is aiming to get rid of unnecessary features and simplifying the UI – the company is supposedly aiming at optimizing TouchWiz to such an extent that it would be as fast and smooth as stock Android on the Nexus 6

Apparently they'll be putting up a bunch of their apps on the play store instead...not sure if that's the extent of this simplification.

I wonder when they'll solve the ugly problem. That requires good taste though. Baby steps I guess.

Microsoft investing in Cyanogen?

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/01/29/microsoft-to-invest-in-rogue-android-startup-cyanogen/

Cyanogen is saying they want to take control of Android away from Google. What do they mean by that? Google is doing them a favor letting them bundle the Google Play store as is, but Cyanogen has plans for their own app store.
Hmm there was a rumor a while back saying ms was looking to acquire them but I guess the price was too steep so now they'll just invest. Interesting.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

dc89

That OP.

Lollipop can't be that far off my Z3 now. I feel like I have waited and waited and waited.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Cyanogen is saying they want to take control of Android away from Google. What do they mean by that? Google is doing them a favor letting them bundle the Google Play store as is, but Cyanogen has plans for their own app store.
Fascinating from a company that grew through the hard work of voluntary contributors and then took those voluntary contributions to sell out. See how they tried to steal Focal. Fuck CM. I agree with pulling power back from Google but CM is a terrible company to back.

Microsoft investing in Cyanogen?

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/01/29/microsoft-to-invest-in-rogue-android-startup-cyanogen/

Cyanogen won't ever succeed at wrangling power away from Google, not even a fraction of it. No one really cares for their shit on a large enough scale, and Google still controls what direction Android heads, especially on the software side.

Cyanogen still has yet to even make money. I don't get how they keep getting funding. I guess an enemy/competitor of Google like MS is just looking for any opportunity they can. Screw the scumbags at Cyanogen.

rrvv

Not sure if this was posted but regarding this:

Apparently they'll be putting up a bunch of their apps on the play store instead...not sure if that's the extent of this simplification.

I wonder when they'll solve the ugly problem. That requires good taste though. Baby steps I guess.

honestly, It probably going to look same as usual

Omg, omg! Samsung is the new Nokia!

l6naK8E.png

They're doooooooomed!

so who going to buy samsung phone division?

All I hear is how buggy Android 5.0 has been, I haven't upgraded my HTC ONE M7 yet and I don't think I will either.

Apart from Material Design (Love it btw) I'm afraid 5.0 will introduce bugs and slowdowns.

Hmm?

grmlin

All I hear is how buggy Android 5.0 has been, I haven't upgraded my HTC ONE M7 yet and I don't think I will either.

Apart from Material Design (Love it btw) I'm afraid 5.0 will introduce bugs and slowdowns.

Hmm?

My S4 with 5.0.1 runs really great.

Will be hard to use anything else than stock on my next phone now :(

Furyous

Last year's M8 is $300.

I'm trying to decide what Android smartphone is my next daily driver this year. Saygus' effort is looking real good right about now if it lives up to the hype. The M9 might win my money if my i5 breaks down.

The Exynos/S810 benchmark fight is going to be legendary if Samsung outperforms Qualcomm.

Hmm?

Kinda in the same boat. I'm running CM12 on my M7 (5.02) which is serviceable, but has a nagging bluetooth audio bug that would be a dealbreaker, except I can't make or hear phone calls on stock sensor due to some crap bug.

Material design is awesome and it's worth some of the initial quirks. I just wish there was another phone not named Motorola that had a pure android experience.

Top Bottom