• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

Essential getting a headphone jack add on (surprised moto hasn't done that yet) and oreo in 2 months according to Ama.

Google assistant headphones are apparently a thing now.
https://9to5google.com/2017/09/14/exclusive-bose-quietcomfort-35-ii-bisto-google-assistant/

Rip headphone jack.
so dumb

we've officially hit peak addon

i know what i'm watching in bed!

Jarmel

Banned
Thinking about switching over from iPhone. I'm looking at the S8+ and the Galaxy Note 8. I was wondering which is better to hold and which takes better images? I looked at comparison photos and it seems the Note 8 images look more natural although they can be too saturated at times.

Depends on what your priority is. The Note 8 has a dual lens one of which is a telephoto and one that they market as wide angle. Couple that with S-Pen and 2 more GBs of RAM is pretty much what you're paying around an extra 200 bucks or more for.

*holds up type-c to 3.5mm adapter*

"and nobody wants to carry around this bullshit"

i feel like making a fake YT account and subbing Floss a second time

he is just too good

Jarmel

Banned
Depends on what your priority is. The Note 8 has a dual lens one of which is a telephoto and one that they market as wide angle. Couple that with S-Pen and 2 more GBs of RAM is pretty much what you're paying around an extra 200 bucks or more for.

Interesting I was reading some impressions and they mentioned that the second lens seems underutilized to the point of it almost being useless.

HawkeyeIC

As someone who never had blutooth issues with my pixel before, Google somehow managed to screw it up with Oreo. Lol at Google thinking they can remove the headphone jack.

Jeffrey

Stopped by the mi shop in Shanghai during work trip.
KO3ZvpP.jpg

PzyYNzO.jpg

TE3jhMw.jpg

1vOf5d2.jpg

MI mix 2 is meh lol. Bezels are even bigger in person. Bottom selfie cam isn't too bad weirdly enough. Just look a little lower and it's fine.

Picked up a mi band 2 for like $24. Seems pretty nice for the price. Bare bones in features but does what it needs to do.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Thinking about switching over from iPhone. I'm looking at the S8+ and the Galaxy Note 8. I was wondering which is better to hold and which takes better images? I looked at comparison photos and it seems the Note 8 images look more natural although they can be too saturated at times.

If you want the s-pen then get the Note. If money ain't a thang get the Note and pocket the freebies they are giving right now.

All other use cases just get the S8+. It's essentially the same phone for cheaper.

Blackhead

Redarse
If you want the s-pen then get the Note. If money ain't a thang get the Note and pocket the freebies they are giving right now.

All other use cases just get the S8+. It's essentially the same phone for cheaper.

The Note 8 takes better images than the S8+ though which is what he was specifically asking

dcll

Banned
I can get a Google bought 64 gig 6p for 275, if I was to buy it I wonder if I would be able to get Google to swap it for the Pixel even though i dont personally know the original owner that is selling it. I think I may try, at worst I have a nice 6p

NeOak

I can get a Google bought 64 gig 6p for 275, if I was to buy it I wonder if I would be able to get Google to swap it for the Pixel even though i dont personally know the original owner that is selling it. I think I may try, at worst I have a nice 6p

See:

I assume it has to be purchased from Google directly and original owner.

Yeah, checking Reddit it sounds like this is only for Google store devices that you bought yourself. :( Dream is dead.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The Note 8 takes better images than the S8+ though which is what he was specifically asking

Pretty sure main camera (wide) is the same unless they made some random changes.

It's the same. The main camera is the exact same in both. You're just getting that telephoto lense for the Note 8. For normal use cases it's gonna be the same.

Like I said if you have the money to burn or need the S-pen get the Note. If not just save the cash and get a cheaper S8+.

VoxPop

Stopped by the mi shop in Shanghai during work trip.

MI mix 2 is meh lol. Bezels are even bigger in person. Bottom selfie cam isn't too bad weirdly enough. Just look a little lower and it's fine.

Picked up a mi band 2 for like $24. Seems pretty nice for the price. Bare bones in features but does what it needs to do.

LTTP. Wtf Mi Mix 2 dropped the bezelless design???

dcll

Banned
Has anyone here had an X Pure? I just saw a cheap one($90) on a site I am a member of and bought it, I know it had some mixed opinions but the price I will give it a shot

Well I'm officially done with google. The vibration motor went out on my pixel randomly, so I decided to get it replaced, they wanted to put a hold on my account for the full price of the device so that I could get a new one, so I said screw that and just dealt with it, but then my headphone jack and receiver went out to, so I bit the bullet and they sent a refurb. The Refurb finally gets here and the fucking finger print scanner doesn't work on it, the option for it straight up doesn't appear. Fuck google and fuck android at this point. I'm officially out.

dcll

Banned
Yeah luckily bad experiences doesnt happen with Apple/Samsung ect or whatever you will be using, that is just an android/ Google thing

Jeffrey

It's easier with Apple though. I've had a series of problems with an iPhone but I work like 5 min from an apple store and they swapped stuff without any complaint

GrapeApes

Has anyone here had an X Pure? I just saw a cheap one($90) on a site I am a member of and bought it, I know it had some mixed opinions but the price I will give it a shot
Decent. Can run hot and the battery is trash. Expect 2-3 hours of screen on time. Probably never going to get nougat or new security updates.

dcll

Banned
Yeah that is a huge plus, I like how with Apple they will honor their warranties without needing a receipt or you being the original owner. All companies should do that

reKon

Banned
It's easier with Apple though. I've had a series of problems with an iPhone but I work like 5 min from an apple store and they swapped stuff without any complaint

To me this is by far the my understandable reason I see for people sticking with iPhones (for those who actually know tech and enjoy all kinds of high end phones rather than just fanboying all the time).

But also, Apple can afford do that and it will always be worth it to keep a lifelong customer.

I know Samsung is pushing in that direction to offer much better support. But who knows how serious they are about improving.

Google definitely does, but clearly has a lot of work to do.

Drifters

Well I'm officially done with google. The vibration motor went out on my pixel randomly, so I decided to get it replaced, they wanted to put a hold on my account for the full price of the device so that I could get a new one, so I said screw that and just dealt with it, but then my headphone jack and receiver went out to, so I bit the bullet and they sent a refurb. The Refurb finally gets here and the fucking finger print scanner doesn't work on it, the option for it straight up doesn't appear. Fuck google and fuck android at this point. I'm officially out.
Join the iPhone 7+ family brother.

Yeah luckily bad experiences doesnt happen with Apple/Samsung ect or whatever you will be using, that is just an android/ Google thing

I'll be switching to iPhone and this

Is why, I've had plenty of smartphones, but none have been as straight up frustrating as the pixel. Sure there are issues with other manufacturers, but I doubt many would send me a screwed up replacement unit and stick me with another week where I can't use $800 of my own money.

Jeffrey

I've definitely had more problems with ios than Android though lol. I do get new phones often enough before they start showing problems though.

Most of the issues came from the 6+. One of the rare complete failures of a device from Apple.

1 gb of ram is enough my ass.

Maybe there's just a disproportionate amount of people with Nexus and Pixel phones in this thread, but I swear I see more posts about Nexus phone batteries dying early and issues with Pixels than I do with anything else, outside of Samsung phones getting slower over time and LG bootloop issues (which I haven't been seeing much of lately).

Jzero

Google has made all my favorite phones but every single one has had one really bad problem. Just make one perfect phone Googly

Top Bottom