• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

angry birds trilogy |OT| the best iOS game now on consoles so stop port begging

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
51Lz34dJh2L.jpg

Everytime I see Angry Birds I think on Boom Blox. And how a much better and deep puzzle game was ignored to favor this game, but on the other side Angry was at the right moment, at the right place and in the right device.

Everytime I see Angry Birds I think on Boom Blox. And how a much better and deep puzzle game was ignored to favor this game, but on the other side Angry was at the right moment, at the right place and in the right device.

Boom Blox felt generic and lacked personality. Cool concept, shitty execution. Angry Birds is a bad 40 dollar game. Angry Birds is an awesome 99 cent game.

iammeiam

I have played the shit out of the Angry Birds series, and I can't even begin to understand the pricing. At this rate even after a 50% price collapse it's still going to be stupidly overpriced. I'd really like to see a "where the money goes" pie chart of this release.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm SO interested in seeing how much it sells. Especially seeing dem prices. They're high as hell, considering for how much you can get the trilogy + Angry Birds Space on iOS. The only indication so far is that the 3DS SKU should destroy the other two, but understanding HOW MUCH for all the SKUs...a wild-card XD

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I would love to know what metric Wario used to qualify Angry Birds as "the best".

boingball

I want a version for my Amiga, will pay $100 for the best game evar!

Just kidding. Though no Vita version? Vita am cry again.

JoeInky

Don't be tricked into paying for $40/30 pieces of plastic guys...

For the lazy:

“It’s interesting to see people like Nintendo saying smartphones are destroying the games industry,” Vesterbacka mulls. “Of course, if I was trying to sell a $49 pieces of plastic to people then yes, I’d be worried too. But I think it’s a good sign that people are concerned – because from my point of view we’re doing something right.”

Zuly

You can get Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions on iOS, so no, Angry Birds is not the best iOS game.

...and we all know Tetris will always be the king of mobile games, and Snake.

Includes Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons and Angry Birds Rio for three times the strategic gameplay that everyone loves, and probably runs at a lower resolution than the iPad version.

But IT COSTS NEARLY 15x AS MUCH!!!! And doesn't even include Space!

Shocked-Gaming-Reaction.gif

Kokonoe

Banned
Finally...

The greatest games ever created and for the home console system, all packed in one single container. This is truly a magnificent moment that will never be rivaled by anything else ever, not even if they find cures for the most common diseases in the world right now. It's as if some sort of immortal god blessed this cursed world with lush feathery characters that can be propelled at their pig enemies. You must help them, and you become one with the Angry Birds.

This type of connection cannot be expressed through mere words, nor through physical touch. It is one of the mind, and one of the soul...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
$40?

Good to see there are some iOS related things that not even Wario can defend.

I'm morbidly curious about how it plays with Kinect.

They had a similar version up and running on a Samsung TV at IFA that I was able to try. The TV control worked just like Kinect and the game was enjoyable enough if the camera tracked the motions correctly.

Your hand is represented by a cursor in the game and you can make a fist (anywhere on the screen) to "grab" the slingshot, then aim and release.

Derrick01

Banned
Wow I'm cancelling my X-Com preorder now so I can spend the $40 on this instead. So excited to play the best of ios gaming without buying an overpriced phone!

Those pop cap collections launch @ $20 and usually include a few free games. I think PvsZ comes with Peggle and another game. If this was $20 I'd bite. I think they are being too greedy with this one... Or a $15 d/l would even be exceptable.

Top Bottom