• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

angry birds trilogy |OT| the best iOS game now on consoles so stop port begging

JoeInky

Woah woah woah wait a minute. People were port begging for Angry Birds!?

Idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg

There is literally noone that wanted this, Rovio just realised there's more money in retail and probably believes that their sales will still be as high as app sales for some strange reason.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
40 bucks? I know what they were thinking...

"Hey, these idiots will pay separate fees just to play their games online. OF COURSE they'll pay $40 for games that cost under $5!!"

You guys know if this comes with drop-in co op and Online rankings? Regardless, day 1, finally my TV will see some colors.

Game makes no sense at that price, if I wanted to play It, I would just get the Chrome version and connect a PC/laptop to my TV via HDMI.

I assume there will be download versions eventually. I'll NEVER buy something like this on disc ... god, the thought alone.

I'm interested somewhat in a Move version. Vita version would be better. I think I've played this game enough personally, but my son likes it. Of course, he can also play the iPad version, but hey.

So yeah, port begging ... where's Vita? ;)

TheDanger

Banned
Price: $40 (X360/PS3) / $30 (3DS)

buffylaughingrealme-1.gif

Zweisy1

Angry Birds is a great mobile game, Space in particular. $40 though? That's way too high.

Performance should be good at least. This version is developed by Housemarque who are godly.

ektoll

1- Why do I see Wario64 mentioned in every Youtube's comments?

2- Is ther some Kinect gameplay video? I'm curious to see how you do the "actions" like dropping an egg or splitting the blue birds...

3- Is Angry Birds absent of one platform? Oo Because I even have this game on my Internet/TV box

onQ123

1- Why do I see Wario64 mentioned in every Youtube's comments?

2- Is ther some Kinect gameplay video? I'm curious to see how you do the "actions" like dropping an egg or splitting the blue birds...

3- Is Angry Birds absent of one platform? Oo Because I even have this game on my Internet/TV box

Vita! (& Wii /Wii U but I'm sure it will show up on Wii U soon)

Fox Mulder

lol, activision and angry birds. A marriage perfect for forum hate.

Sure, $40 seems stupid if you're going to buy Halo or CoD. This will be good for kids that probably already have an xbox, and this is $40 to have them stop asking to put their doodoo hands on your ipad/iphone.

tkscz

So why not just make it an Eshop/XBLA/PSN title? Wouldn't that be cheaper/ move more copies? It's as if it didn't occur to them that selling it via a download would be the better idea.

Who exactly is going to buy this for $40 if they have already played it for a lot less / for free (Android)? People who have never played it before and want to buy it for their console at that price? Wow...

Fox Mulder

Who exactly is going to buy this for $40 if they have already played it for a lot less / for free (Android)? People who have never played it before and want to buy it for their console at that price? Wow...

$40 is a lot less than buying kids a smartphone or tablet. Angry Birds is everywhere right now, and new kids are getting into it every day.

My favorite thing about this hilariously overpriced package, is that it doesn't even include Angry Birds Space. I can buy that game for a dollar on my phone right now, and they chose not to include it in this $40 package. lolz

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
My favorite thing about this hilariously overpriced package, is that it doesn't even include Angry Birds Space. I can buy that game for a dollar on my phone right now, and they chose not to include it in this $40 package. lolz
It's a rip-off of a free flash game. I don't think they're targeting the savvy consumer here.

Tyeforce

Any impressions of the 3DS version yet? I kinda want this because it supports StreetPass, lol. Plus I can get it for $20 at Toys "R" Us this week. =P

Adam J.

Angry Birds is alright, but Rovio are lazy as fuck. All that money and they can't be bothered to make a proper console Angry Birds, which would actually be pretty neat.

Any impressions of the 3DS version yet? I kinda want this because it supports StreetPass, lol. Plus I can get it for $20 at Toys "R" Us this week. =P

I have the 3DS version. It is pretty good. You can zoom the screen in and out with a tap of the buttons or a flick of the stylus, and use either the stick or the stylus to slingshot. The 3D I actually like, they used it to make different layers of parallax in the backgrounds, which is a nice effect without being too distracting. Of course it should be a few bucks on the Eshop, but if you want angry birds on your 3ds it doesn't seem like a bad version of it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Angry Birds Trilogy will be rentable for $1.99 a night at Redbox starting next week. RT this if you're excited!

Randdalf

Why would you spend money on this when you could just log onto your average flash game website and play better games for free?

Top Bottom