• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: City Folk

bryehn said:
We totally lost that kid with the coconuts. I really need a shovel.
Yea It does'nt show his gate opened.

At 1st i thought it was because he may have forgetton to register me but I know hes registered on your list...lol

RaidenZR

I have everyone added up to this point. By the way, does anyone know what the FC limit is? Just curious....

Also, I need a dang axe, if anyone can spare it.

Oh, and Bri, Chris... we totally got jived by Mr. Coconuts. I thought he was lying.

Confusatron | Jeff | Klawtown | 2535 7109 9894

Damn this game for sucking me in. I'll add all the codes at the top of the thread when I get off of work today. And then I will play, and play, and play. There are fish to be caught, Nooks to be paid off, and rude letters to be written to villagers I don't like.

Oh yeah, I have Wii Speak, peach trees, and hopefully some cherry trees in the next few days.

edit: everyone on the list as of now (11/17, 11am pacific standard) is on my friend list.

Proven

Confusatron said:

Damn this game for sucking me in. I'll add all the codes at the top of the thread when I get off of work today. And then I will play, and play, and play. There are fish to be caught, Nooks to be paid off, and rude letters to be written to villagers I don't like.

Oh yeah, I have Wii Speak, peach trees, and hopefully some cherry trees in the next few days.

And now you make our 20th AC friend.

bryehn

RaidenZR said:
I have everyone added up to this point. By the way, does anyone know what the FC limit is? Just curious....

Also, I need a dang axe, if anyone can spare it.

Oh, and Bri, Chris... we totally got jived by Mr. Coconuts. I thought he was lying.

I think it's 32, but not sure...adding some more now, will be back online in 15-20. Really glad to have the day off, forgot how easy it was to sink into this game...

edit: added Confusatron too.

bryehn

I've still got 15-30 pears left and will be on/off the rest of the night, most likely late night too.

Desperately seeking a shovel, could use a slingshot too, saw my first present today.

Really don't wanna have to wait till tomorrow to see if Nook has the tools I need :p

bryehn

DefectiveReject said:
my import copy arrived.
Logging all in the OP

My details
Defectivereject
Cragstar
LazyTown
5241-5413-5626

Added. Think I'm just about full for now. Will cull a few people if we don't end up connecting in a few days.

Luigison

Did anyone get to visit my town today? When I got home it said that I'd been disconnected from the channel and that anything not saved may have been lost. I didn't notice any changes in my town so it's likely no one visited or it wasn't saved. Does it save automatically if someone enters or leaves? Anyway, my gates open again and I'll add more people tonight.

RaidenZR

I've been on and off all day with everyone in this thread added to my friend list... Luigison, haven't seen you available.

bryehn

Luigison said:
Did anyone get to visit my town today? When I got home it said that I'd been disconnected from the channel and that anything not saved may have been lost. I didn't notice any changes in my town so it's likely no one visited or it wasn't saved. Does it save automatically if someone enters or leaves? Anyway, my gates open again and I'll add more people tonight.

Just about to try and drop in now. It seems to save when people come/go yeah.

I have added everyone up to post number 67. I will be opening my gates at about 7:30pm-7:45pm eastern time.

I have peaches (though it seems many of us do). Those that need them, please feel free to grab two or three. I still need apples and pears if someone would be as kind to trade some.

Luigison

RaidenZR said:
I've been on and off all day with everyone in this thread added to my friend list... Luigison, haven't seen you available.
My gates open now. It got disconnected from Nintendo Wifi today.

Lord Helmet said:
I have added everyone up to post number 67. I will be opening my gates at about 7:30pm-7:45pm eastern time.

I have peaches (though it seems many of us do). Those that need them, please feel free to grab two or three. I still need apples and pears if someone would be as kind to trade some.
I have apples in the south/southeast of my town. gates open. leave anything you want by Mario near the gate/bus stop. I won't be on now, but will keep the gate open.

I'll add the following tonight assuming there is room. I don't know the limit.
WiiRevolution1 | Chris | Good Egg | 0259-3778-7419
Defectivereject Cragstar LazyTown 5241-5413-5626

That should be everybody so far.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Will be on in an hour if anyone can be on then. Would love to trade some fruit!

alanias

Please add my girlfriend, she would like to join in the town visiting fun.

Angela|Heliord|5456-2899-4400

Either she or I will be online pretty often between 7pm and 10pm EST.:D

Edit: Everybody added, gates will be open shortly if anyone wants some oranges. We have no Wii Speak so it might be kinda quiet. :lol

RaidenZR

Everytime I check to see gates open, there are never any. Also, it seems like the list will update if you let it sit, but even then... I seen no new names.

I'll be on later sometime tonight. Not sure when.

Edit: On a side note, it seems as though the game hacking is beginning to spread. GameFAQs is rampant with the cheatniks.

Anyone else having connection problems? I had no problems yesterday, but today I can't join any other towns. I've received the message in game that someone is trying to join mine, but it never happens.

Tim-E

I should be free for a few hours tomorrow afternoon (at least from 1-3) so I'll either leave my town open or look around for some to join.

YES!

My girlfriend was converted to gaming with Animal Crossing and waited in line for the first time in her life for a videogame with a pre-order...for City Folk :)

She'd love to see others, so I'll add all the codes!

Hers is:
Anja - Starwood - 0645-9265-5745
Mine is
Jason - Starwood - 1934-4168-0222

Edit: No wii speak on my end either, but we'll see what we can do!

alanias

JasoNsider said:
YES!

My girlfriend was converted to gaming with Animal Crossing and waited in line for the first time in her life for a videogame with a pre-order...for City Folk :)

She'd love to see others, so I'll add all the codes!

Hers is:
Anja - Starwood - 0645-9265-5745
Mine is
Jason - Starwood - 1934-4168-0222

Edit: No wii speak on my end either, but we'll see what we can do!

Added, gates are open.

vumpler

My wife is on now, is anyone else? She's wining to me she wants to visit another town lolol.

Proven

With the amount of non GAFers (wives, girlfriends, etc.) being added, I'm going to have to think up a better way to do this thing...

Captain N

vumpler said:
My wife is on now, is anyone else? She's wining to me she wants to visit another town lolol.

I'll play with her. She can come and visit my town. Let me know her code and all that jazz.

Proven

Although I'm sure part of the problem is my own connection, I'm starting to think much of the disconnects we've all been seeing has been from the regular new game server pressure that comes from every popular wifi game released.

vumpler

Ok everyone prior to this post has been added, please add my wifey :)

vumpler | Cassie | Casvegas | 4339-5973-7163 (wife)

====

Question: My wife says she has nothing to do in the game. She's caught all the bugs, picked all the roots. What can she do? She said there's nothing to do.

I remember back on the gamecube version it seemed like there was always something to do.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
vumpler said:

====

Question: My wife says she has nothing to do in the game. She's caught all the bugs, picked all the roots. What can she do? She said there's nothing to do.

I remember back on the gamecube version it seemed like there was always something to do.

Fish, it's a good way to make money too

vumpler

Ok we can see The Mushroom Kingdom, Planet J, and Buffalo's however it won't let us connect to any of them. It just trys and trys and fails.

We did see 2 people were connected to TMK at one point so that proves it works for someone. :(

Tim-E

vumpler said:
Ok we can see The Mushroom Kingdom, Planet J, and Buffalo's however it won't let us connect to any of them. It just trys and trys and fails.

We did see 2 people were connected to TMK at one point so that proves it works for someone. :(

I tried connected to TMK and it did the same thing for me earlier :(

Captain N

vumpler said:

Did it say we were in Convos or did it just not connect you?

Weird. I've been to several towns over the last 2 days, and my gates are ready and waiting. I'll probably be on until 10.

I'm running a wired broadband connection, so I would think it should be easy to connect. :(

vumpler

Captain N said:
it said something to the extend of, the dog at the gate doesn't understand why we can't communicate with you, then it asks if we would like to try again or give up.

Tim-E

Captain N said:

It said something about how it wasn't responding and that maybe the person who had their gate open may have disconnected or something.

vumpler said:

====

Tell her not to fret! :) At the beginning if you find there isn't much to do then turn it off and look forward to playing it the next day. It's meant to be played over a span of time really.

Honestly, if I could recreate the feeling of getting to know Animal Crossing again for the first time I would do it in a heartbeat. It's a really unique and relaxing experience.

My guards tell me there are no other towns open out there, but this could be that normal nonsense where it takes a while for them to recognize that the friend codes have been added.

Dragmire

Dragmire | Chad | SilCloud | 2106-2156-1000

I have oranges and I live on the East coast. I'm adding everyone that's on the list.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Proven said:
Finally, someone else who uses their forum name as their in-game name.

I use this alias everywhere. I suppose it's kind of cheating, since it is a play on my real name, in a way. ;p

Top Bottom