• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf | Turnip OT | Sunday is the boar's day

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
TurnipTrackerNEO
Code:
Sun. B | 95
Mon. 1 | 82 | -13
Mon. 2 | 77 | -5
Tue. 1 | 74 | -3
Tue. 2 | 71 | -3
Wed. 1 | 68 | -3
:|

Still promising you'll know soon if you're going to have a spike.

I mean there's three possibilities right ? Small large or decreasing. Two are favorable and one is not. Sounds like good odds if each are all equal chance.

Still promising you'll know soon if you're going to have a spike.

I mean there's three possibilities right ? Small large or decreasing. Two are favorable and one is not. Sounds like good odds if each are all equal chance.
There's a chart somewhere that explains the chances of getting a certain pattern given the last week's. I think I've gotten random and decreasing the last few weeks, so I'm hoping for some sort of spike.

massoluk

Banned
Welp, my large spike was just 137. Was going to sell if it's at least 200, gonna hold them after all. Hopefully Turnip GAF comes to the rescue again.

bumpkin

Hmm... I haven't really been paying much attention to my prices this week mainly because of how inconvenient it is checking AM prices -- store opens at 9am, the same time I start work -- but I had a few free mins and just checked; at 147 bells right now. I vaguely recall last night being something like 80 and the night before, 84 or 86. I wonder if a big spike is on the way.

Bought them at 92 bells apiece on Sunday, FWIW.

If the New Leaf stars align and I end up with a big spike tonight, I'll let you guys and gals know.

TurnipTrackerNEO
Code:
Sun. B | 95
Mon. 1 | 82 | -13
Mon. 2 | 77 | -5
Tue. 1 | 74 | -3
Tue. 2 | 71 | -3
Wed. 1 | 68 | -3
Wed. 2 | 86 | +18
...!

For anyone interested, mine is currently at 285 bells. I don't know if I should get greedy and wait for a better opportunity or sell them right now and be done with the stress of the investment....

Cloak

Has anyone have their AM and PM price be exactly the same? Sometimes I just hang out in re-tail in the AM, close the 3DS, and open it back up after 12pm. Yesterday I was still talking to Reese and had asked what turnips were selling for (this case it was 111) then closed the 3DS in mid sentence. So after 12pm I open the 3DS, end the conversation and ask again, and it was the same price.

I wonder if I did this and messed up market this week or it was a weird coincidence... As of yesterday morning I was looking at a small/large spike sometime today... With that 111 price yesterday afternoon, seems like only a small spike.

youtoo

Has anyone have their AM and PM price be exactly the same? Sometimes I just hang out in re-tail in the AM, close the 3DS, and open it back up after 12pm. Yesterday I was still talking to Reese and had asked what turnips were selling for (this case it was 111) then closed the 3DS in mid sentence. So after 12pm I open the 3DS, end the conversation and ask again, and it was the same price.

I wonder if I did this and messed up market this week or it was a weird coincidence... As of yesterday morning I was looking at a small/large spike sometime today... With that 111 price yesterday afternoon, seems like only a small spike.

Maybe you need to come out and back in the store for the data to update?

Cloak

Maybe you need to come out and back in the store for the data to update?

I did try that. Left the store and went back in, same price.
I'm not 100% sure if I restarted the game to see if it would change. I know, in the past, I've hung out to long like overnight and Reese would say something like I can't give you a price now, please come back later.

bumpkin

*Good ol' Jim Ross voice*

"Spike! Spike! Oh my god, Spike!"

Re-Tail is buying for 469 bells in my town right now (PM price). I know I'm asking for it by putting this out there, but I believe in paying it forward; peeps here have had spikes they've let me come and take advantage of. I'm not necessarily asking for tips, but I certainly won't complain. I always tip whenever I visit to sell mine.

Anyone who's interested in coming to sell your turnips, drop me a PM with your FC. Mine is 3652-0543-3251. The name's DaveB and my town is B-Ville.

NOTE: I'm not going to be available to let people in until after I get home from work. It's just past 1pm here right now, and I'm generally not home before 6pm. It'll be sometime after that when I'll be able to open my gates, that is of course after I add people FC's.

I'll probably batch/wave 'em, but we'll see. Depends how many I get and how much time I have to open the gate.

Stat!

I waited out on a 463 and a few hours later I got in on 503. Not that much of a difference but I'll follow my philosophy of 500+ or bust till the end.

Same. More or less my philosophy but I just can't hold out! - the two people who had prices of 500+ here so far, I just missed them. So I'm hoping someone hits big today!

Gartooth

Wow my turnip prices are abysmal, they are all sub 100 and the latest are at around 30 or 40 bells per turnip. Though I guess I just have bad luck with turnip prices, I don't think I've ever once seen my prices go above 150ish since I got the game.

I hope there's a 500+ before today ends lol, then my bank will have a higher interest bells =P
Edit: Oh wait the maximum is 99K bells from having 20 million in the bank, boo, boo!

Monday
  • AM 134 bells (+94 400)
  • PM 131 bells (+85 550)
Tuesday
  • AM 95 bells (-20 650)
  • PM 119 bells (+50 150)
Wednesday
  • AM 110 bells (+23 600)
  • PM 79 bells (-67 850)
Whelp.

I feel a bit embarrassed to ask this, but I'm wondering what exactly is a good tip rate for selling turnips at someone else's town? Five percent? Dependent on the person?

Oxx

I feel a bit embarrassed to ask this, but I'm wondering what exactly is a good tip rate for selling turnips at someone else's town? Five percent? Dependent on the person?

I always seem to end-up with between 200k to 500k left at the end of selling, so I usually just leave that.

That's after making 4 or 5 million, so I suppose that's a pretty good tip.

If I'm too lazy to make one last trip to Retail I just drop the turnips.

Koren

I feel a bit embarrassed to ask this, but I'm wondering what exactly is a good tip rate for selling turnips at someone else's town?
Depends. I think that many gaffers use 10% (and sometimes a couple of gifts), but that's not an official rule.

I'm usually using ~1/6 myself, so 15-17%, but I think that's a pretty high percentage (?).

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
*Good ol' Jim Ross voice*

"Spike! Spike! Oh my god, Spike!"

Re-Tail is buying for 469 bells in my town right now (PM price). I know I'm asking for it by putting this out there, but I believe in paying it forward; peeps here have had spikes they've let me come and take advantage of. I'm not necessarily asking for tips, but I certainly won't complain. I always tip whenever I visit to sell mine.

Anyone who's interested in coming to sell your turnips, drop me a PM with your FC. Mine is 3652-0543-3251. The name's DaveB and my town is B-Ville.

NOTE: I'm not going to be available to let people in until after I get home from work. It's just past 1pm here right now, and I'm generally not home before 6pm. It'll be sometime after that when I'll be able to open my gates, that is of course after I add people FC's.

I'll probably batch/wave 'em, but we'll see. Depends how many I get and how much time I have to open the gate.

PMedyou! My wife and I can get on anytime this evening, as long as our kids cooperate! Lolz

zroid

Banned
I just drop as many bags of 99,000 bells to leave commission of at least 10%

So if I made between 4-4.95 million bells profit, I would drop 5 bags (495,000)

I drop one bag per turnip trip of 16 turnips. At 500*1600 turnips, that's 99k per 800k. So a 12.5% tip. (bigger tip at lower prices, smaller at higher.)

bumpkin

Everyone who PM'ed me has been added. Come on over!

Anyone else who PM's me from right now, I will add another group once the current batch is done.

Please be patient getting in and swift in your selling once you arrive! :)

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

Anyone else who PM's me from right now, I will add another group once the current batch is done.

Thanks for hosting! My wife and I didn't make mad cash, but I hope the 6 bags we left you was enough! I hope to be able to host for GAF someday in the future as well.

bumpkin

Thanks for hosting! My wife and I didn't make mad cash, but I hope the 6 bags we left you was enough! I hope to be able to host for GAF someday in the future as well.
No problem, happy to share the wealth; tips are nice too. Thank you very much! :)

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

My wife pointed out a really obvious tip for tipping.

In your locker you have A, B, C each has 6 "drawers" and 10 slots of items in each. So for every drawer that you fill up of money bags, you just tip 1 bag since there are 10 bags in each drawer... easy 10%. So on our last trip we filled up five complete drawers of money bags, plus a few extra in drawer 6. So we just tipped 6 bags of money (99,000 each).

That's a pretty easy way to do 10% instead of keeping track of how much you're making on each trip.

chunk3rvd

Sent you a PM a few hours ago and passed you my code but you're not showing as added? If you're still about and could have me over it would be appreciated :)

dkeane

So little action in here for a Wednesday.
I've got 164 at the moment. The highest since release for me!... Boooooooo

bumpkin

Sent you a PM a few hours ago and passed you my code but you're not showing as added? If you're still about and could have me over it would be appreciated :)
D'oh, sorry. Must have mistyped your FC. Once the visitors I have leave, I'll re-add you and open the gate back up.

EdgeXL

D'oh, sorry. Must have mistyped your FC. Once the visitors I have leave, I'll re-add you and open the gate back up.

You're doing good. Hosting can be time consuming and we get that. Lots of people to keep track of as well. We just don't want to be left out. :)

Any ETAs for the new batch?

Top Bottom